Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I disagree.

Dazn is at risk of dissolving because of a pandemic that no one could've anticipated. They could've been running pay per views and partnered with some media giant and still be bleeding subscribers and hurting for content.

Canelo and Anthony Joshua, arguably the 2 largest names in the sport, are DAZN fighters. What could NBC do for DAZN or the fighters realistically? Canelo and Joshua already bring subscriptions to DAZN, while DAZN gives them the platform to fight. Where does NBC come into this and help them?

They invested money according to subscription goals, but COVID completely fukked it up by placing sporting events on hold.

Their subscription goal wasn’t even close to actually doing anything though they peaked at 1 million but went down the next month. ESPN+ is the model look at how mean subscribers they have. You need more diverse content to do anything. You need a network to put on fight to draw attention to your app. Let’s say they put in fights in that network monthly and draw them toward the app for the bigger fights, that would have been huge for them. The app needs promotion in the worst way. You can’t just market to a small part of your fan base, have to bring in older people and causals and an app ain’t doing it. Even a partnership with Facebook or Twitter or Instagram would have done them some good.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Danny's taller, a little more rangier, & a lot bigger than Mikey bro. Danny has plodder feet but he has great timing which negates some of that & when you're as methodical as Spence, you can get caught; especially if he engages with him.

And Thurman fought Danny way different then Spence/Garcia bro. Thurman used his legs to move in/out of range, jabbed some, & was leaping in with shots. Spence controlled Mikey from the outset by use of the jab. He maintained his real estate & controlled the distance at all times & Mikey gave up mentally. From the half way point when he made Mikey mentally give up is when he went to the inside more & engaged

@LauderdaleBoss

I totally agree bro. Mikey showed he has real WW power against Vargas who's sturdy & had Spence stayed in front of him (like he does with everyone else) we might be talking about a different outcome
I don’t agree with your analysis but I do enjoy your opinion. I’ll say this Spence was able to move in and out of range at will with his jab and he didn’t leap in for hooks but leaped in with body shots. It was different but similar.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Danny's taller, a little more rangier, & a lot bigger than Mikey bro. Danny has plodder feet but he has great timing which negates some of that & when you're as methodical as Spence, you can get caught; especially if he engages with him.

And Thurman fought Danny way different then Spence/Garcia bro. Thurman used his legs to move in/out of range, jabbed some, & was leaping in with shots. Spence controlled Mikey from the outset by use of the jab. He maintained his real estate & controlled the distance at all times & Mikey gave up mentally. From the half way point when he made Mikey mentally give up is when he went to the inside more & engaged

@LauderdaleBoss

I totally agree bro. Mikey showed he has real WW power against Vargas who's sturdy & had Spence stayed in front of him (like he does with everyone else) we might be talking about a different outcome
You talk as if Apence is a stupid non thinking fighter. We'll see what happens when he cuts the ring and bangs the body in ways Garcia has never taken shots. This isn't a Spence return fight test to me..its about Danny Garcia being exposed. Spence can override Garcia with workrate..force him to fight...fights MUCH, MUCH better inside. Should be fun for those wanting to see Spence fall.

Spence deals with light heavys..mikey never stood a chance..just didnt know it.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
You talk as if Apence is a stupid non thinking fighter. We'll see what happens when he cuts the ring and bangs the body in ways Garcia has never taken shots. This isn't a Spence return fight test to me..its about Danny Garcia being exposed. Spence can override Garcia with workrate..force him to fight...fights MUCH, MUCH better inside. Should be fun for those wanting to see Spence fall.

I never said that bro. That’s you channeling your Spence bias lol. I’ve already given my breakdown so I won’t repeat it.

The bottom line is if Spence sits in front of Danny & tries to bang it out like YOU think he can, there’s a big chance he gets clipped

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

You know I'm a Spence fan and even I feel like he can easily 1-2 jab, throw a hook to the body and move back out and reset and outpoint Danny easily, but I don't see Spence trying to get into a firefight with Danny. I don't doubt his chin cause he has taken shots from legit welters, but Danny hits hard enough to make you at least respect his power even though I don't think he gonna stop any top welter he can keep you honest.

I expect Spence to play it safe and box his way to a 12 rd decision, in a boring fight. Don't get me wrong Spence is a much better infighter than Danny, so is Porter, but Danny hits WAAAAY harder than Porter I don't think Spence is gonna take the risks of getting hit so soon after his accident to take them risks to get inside on Danny. Not a smart gameplan, but I mean he may do it cause Spence hard headed so, don't be surprised if Spence comes out trying to out counter the counter puncher. :hubie:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You know I'm a Spence fan and even I feel like he can easily 1-2 jab, throw a hook to the body and move back out and reset and outpoint Danny easily, but I don't see Spence trying to get into a firefight with Danny. I don't doubt his chin cause he has taken shots from legit welters, but Danny hits hard enough to make you at least respect his power even though I don't think he gonna stop any top welter he can keep you honest.

I expect Spence to play it safe and box his way to a 12 rd decision, in a boring fight. Don't get me wrong Spence is a much better infighter than Danny, so is Porter, but Danny hits WAAAAY harder than Porter I don't think Spence is gonna take the risks of getting hit so soon after his accident to take them risks to get inside on Danny. Not a smart gameplan, but I mean he may do it cause Spence hard headed so. :hubie:
I dont think Danny hits him clean like that no matter what fight he works.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I never said that bro. That’s you channeling your Spence bias lol. I’ve already given my breakdown so I won’t repeat it.

The bottom line is if Spence sits in front of Danny & tries to bang it out like YOU think he can, there’s a big chance he gets clipped
Even if he does get clipped, it won't be enough.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I dont think Danny hits him clean like that no matter what fight he works.

Danny WILL hit Spence clean bro. Brook touched him, Peterson touched him, Porter touched him, only the lightweight didn't touch him bro. It would be disingenuous of me to say Danny won't hit him clean, Spence DOES get hit clean bro. I don't think he gets hit any more than any other top welter it is definitely overblown how much he gets hit, but he gets hit just as much as any of them, none of the top welters of this generation are defensive wizards bro, they all offensive fighters. There is a reason why everyone thinks this is a dangerous first fight to take after the accident.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Danny WILL hit Spence clean bro. Brook touched him, Peterson touched him, Porter touched him, only the lightweight didn't touch him bro. It would be disingenuous of me to say Danny won't hit him clean, Spence DOES get hit clean bro. I don't think he gets hit any more than any other top welter it is definitely overblown how much he gets hit, but he gets hit just as much as any of them, none of the top welters of this generation are defensive wizards bro, they all offensive fighters. There is a reason why everyone thinks this is a dangerous first fight to take after the accident.
We'll see..his motivation is different this time...might see Garcia get stopped for once. One doesn't know.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
We'll see..his motivation is different this time...might see Garcia get stopped for once. One doesn't know.

You don't, but at the same time I still gotta see it. I can't make bold claims cause Spence let me down in the Porter fight, he said he would stop him and he didn't, Porter and Danny aint ever been stopped why should I believe he gonna be the first to stop Danny if he wasn't the first to stop Porter.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You don't, but at the same time I still gotta see it. I can't make bold claims cause Spence let me down in the Porter fight, he said he would stop him and he didn't, Porter and Danny aint ever been stopped why should I believe he gonna be the first to stop Danny if he wasn't the first to stop Porter.
He said he spent most of that shyt losing weight..so it what it was but he still had stamina all night and outlasted a guy with high workrate.