Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Danny isn't exactly the hardest to hit either:yeshrug:.....Especially in the early going. Spence is gonna make it physical for him from the get go. Danny struggles with guys who are more athletic and keep pushing forward.

Danny has the tools to do it. But if you aren't willing to use those tools when the pressure is on it doesn't mean anything. Danny could have beaten Porter and Thurman if he stood his ground more and forced them to fight. But he was too hesitant to let his hands go. Spence is taller, faster, and physically stronger. But he’s also still pretty green. And if Danny is willing to trade with him he can force him into a mistake. The wait and see approach is gonna get him roughed up though. Even though Spence is a come forward fighter he’s still methodical. He picks his punches well and every one is thrown to do damage. And if you just sit back and let him do whatever he wants he's gonna beat you down with fundamentals.

Danny's best chance here is to fight fire with fire and make Spence 2nd guess himself. But I've yet to see anybody come close to achieving that. Spence is like a machine....he just keeps coming. Doesn't matter if he gets rocked. He's always touching you and he's always applying pressure.

I think it'll be a good fight though. Danny will have his moments. But Spence will just have more:yeshrug:

Danny isn't a defensive wizard but he's way harder to hit clean consistently than Spence bro. He's better defensively because he moves his head more. Danny struggles with movers; not come forward fighters & that's going to play right into his strengths.

He could've beaten Porter but the Thurman we saw back then stylistically would always be a nightmare for him. The power, angles, & movement I think are just too much for him. He was hesitant in that fight because he got his shyt rocked in the first round & other rounds after that lol. He kept his hands in his pockets for most of that fight because of not only the power but the speed & angles Thurman was attacking from. He was very unpredictable in his attacks which made it dangerous for him whereas he won't have that problem with Spence; like you said he's very methodical & Danny could get his timing down & catch him with something.

Also Danny is one of the physically strongest WW's in the division. He's built like a tank & dense. Ask yourself this: when have you ever seen him get manhandled or muscled? Porter couldn't even do that & Porter's probably the most physically strong WW in the division & Porter was muscling Spence. I'm just looking forward to this fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Danny isn't a defensive wizard but he's way harder to hit clean consistently than Spence bro. He's better defensively because he moves his head more. Danny struggles with movers; not come forward fighters & that's going to play right into his strengths.

He could've beaten Porter but the Thurman we saw back then stylistically would always be a nightmare for him. The power, angles, & movement I think are just too much for him. He was hesitant in that fight because he got his shyt rocked in the first round & other rounds after that lol. He kept his hands in his pockets for most of that fight because of not only the power but the speed & angles Thurman was attacking from. He was very unpredictable in his attacks which made it dangerous for him whereas he won't have that problem with Spence; like you said he's very methodical & Danny could get his timing down & catch him with something.

Also Danny is one of the physically strongest WW's in the division. He's built like a tank & dense. Ask yourself this: when have you ever seen him get manhandled or muscled? Porter couldn't even do that & Porter's probably the most physically strong WW in the division & Porter was muscling Spence. I'm just looking forward to this fight

i mean lamont was manhandling him...and so was herrera...those 2 were def not hurt by danny at any significant time in their fights

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i mean lamont was manhandling him...and so was herrera...those 2 were def not hurt by danny at any significant time in their fights

It’s easy to Man Handle someone late in a fight when you not tired cuz your piss so hott it’ll make Lance Armstrong :hubie:

Herrera held erry chance he had he wasn’t bullying tho... jab n grab jab n grab... don’t let Danny counter

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He barely fought amateur!
Good luck to the young buck.
His brother Biaggio is heading to NFL soon

he's debuting at cruiser it looks like...i thought he was smaller than that..im sure he prolly has goals on moving up to heavy eventually..good luck to him indeed...hell of a division to try to cut your teeth in lol

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Ped was PEDS bro lol. And weren't those fights at 140? Swift was struggling to make that weight which could've played a part in that

I never thought I'd ever be in a thread almost defending Danny lol :russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ped was PEDS bro lol. And weren't those fights at 140? Swift was struggling to make that weight which could've played a part in that

I never thought I'd ever be in a thread almost defending Danny lol :russ:

nope..around the time i was shytting on danny and pbc hard for that fight because it should have been at 140 with 3 belts on the line

instead it was a non title catchweight at like 142-143 or some shyt like that..so the smoke was justified :mjlit:

the herrera fight was at 140...and i had a feeling danny, pops, and team thought he was a soft touch...there were def ppl on here who thought herrera was soft touch haha