Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Danny isn't a defensive wizard but he's way harder to hit clean consistently than Spence bro. He's better defensively because he moves his head more. Danny struggles with movers; not come forward fighters & that's going to play right into his strengths.

He could've beaten Porter but the Thurman we saw back then stylistically would always be a nightmare for him. The power, angles, & movement I think are just too much for him. He was hesitant in that fight because he got his shyt rocked in the first round & other rounds after that lol. He kept his hands in his pockets for most of that fight because of not only the power but the speed & angles Thurman was attacking from. He was very unpredictable in his attacks which made it dangerous for him whereas he won't have that problem with Spence; like you said he's very methodical & Danny could get his timing down & catch him with something.

Also Danny is one of the physically strongest WW's in the division. He's built like a tank & dense. Ask yourself this: when have you ever seen him get manhandled or muscled? Porter couldn't even do that & Porter's probably the most physically strong WW in the division & Porter was muscling Spence. I'm just looking forward to this fight
Better defensively? Nah..lol.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
herrera was a 140 fight but like i said..they were looking at him like he was a soft touch..there were ppl on here at the time who thought that same way lol

Herrera in his prime could make anyone look bad lol. I know he clinched a lot that fight & I have no desire to ever watch it again either :scust:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Herrera in his prime could make anyone look bad lol. I know he clinched a lot that fight & I have no desire to ever watch it again either :scust:
speak for yourself bro lol...it was a wonderful fight with a horrific injustice on the cards

upload_2020-5-23_12-2-9.png

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Spence does a lot of things better than Danny but defense is definitely not it bro. He doesn't move his head

I don't know how you could even argue that lol
He moves his head alot when it matters...he does pressure fighting. That's why no one ever cracks him enough to change the fight. Spence is a rabid pit bull that stays on top of you..Peterson, Brook, Porter, Mikey..he hasn't had to do a counter boxing fight really. He usually walks you down by the mid rounds.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He moves his head alot when it matters...he does pressure fighting. That's why no one ever cracks him enough to change the fight. Spence is a rabid pit bull that stays on top of you..Peterson, Brook, Porter, Mikey..he hasn't had to do a counter boxing fight really. He usually walks you down by the mid rounds.

Not really. He gets cracked clean every fight & it's been one of the biggest knocks on him for years with people in this very forum saying it consistently at least 2 years ago. At his level he shouldn't be taking clean shots like that & consistently

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Danny isn't a defensive wizard but he's way harder to hit clean consistently than Spence bro. He's better defensively because he moves his head more. Danny struggles with movers; not come forward fighters & that's going to play right into his strengths.

He could've beaten Porter but the Thurman we saw back then stylistically would always be a nightmare for him. The power, angles, & movement I think are just too much for him. He was hesitant in that fight because he got his shyt rocked in the first round & other rounds after that lol. He kept his hands in his pockets for most of that fight because of not only the power but the speed & angles Thurman was attacking from. He was very unpredictable in his attacks which made it dangerous for him whereas he won't have that problem with Spence; like you said he's very methodical & Danny could get his timing down & catch him with something.

Also Danny is one of the physically strongest WW's in the division. He's built like a tank & dense. Ask yourself this: when have you ever seen him get manhandled or muscled? Porter couldn't even do that & Porter's probably the most physically strong WW in the division & Porter was muscling Spence. I'm just looking forward to this fight
What happens if Spence uses the game plan that he did against Mikey?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
What happens if Spence uses the game plan that he did against Mikey?

Against a true WW his size? We don't know if he can do that. We also don't know if he can fight off the back foot against a real WW & still be effective. Mikey packed it up early once he realized he couldn't overcome the size difference.

Danny's not afraid to get into exchanges or fight in the pocket & any mistake Spence makes could get him clipped. If I had to make a choice I'd pick Spence by UD but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Danny caught him & stopped him

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not really. He gets cracked clean every fight & it's been one of the biggest knocks on him for years with people in this very forum saying it consistently at least 2 years ago. At his level he shouldn't be taking clean shots like that & consistently
They can say it anyway they want to say it but you see Crawford get hit clean much more than Spence in their last 5 fights..so much so he got dropped. Thats why I got Spence #1 p4p..Loma fighting fluffs..Canelo ducking Blacks and fighting 40 yr old has beens..Crawford fighting washed Khan and Mean Machine? Lol...

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
They can say it anyway they want to say it but you see Crawford get hit clean much more than Spence in their last 5 fights..so much so he got dropped.
Nah Spence gets tagged more. I think since he’s more stationary it doesn’t look as devastating whereas Bud is always moving around/wiry , so the shots look more impactful if that makes any sense.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah Spence gets tagged more. I think since he’s more stationary it doesn’t look as devastating whereas Bud is always moving around/wiry , so the shots look more impactful if that makes any sense.
Well non power shot connects aren't budging him from the centerline..Bud gets backed up by injured Benavidez? Wtf..lol. Sad. But everytime Crawford gets beat up, he comes back hard and knocks everyone out..of course they aren't elite but he stops them