Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You already know I'm not letting up. :mjlol:

nikkas still call Swift a Cherry picker :manny:

My message to Bud Stans
DYrMS2RUQAAOr0N.jpg

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Rigondeaux Vows To Be Pound-For-Pound at 118, Then Back To 122
By Elisinio Castillo

Published On Fri May 22, 2020, 03:41 PM EDT

Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Guillermo Rigondeaux has a set goal to become a pound-for-pound champion in the bantamweight division.

Rigondeaux, a former world champion at 122-pounds, became a pound-for-pound fighter at super bantamweight. He now wants to repeat that accomplishment at 118.

Rigondeaux, who did his best to stay fit during the weeks of social distancing, is only waiting for the order to return to the gym to start preparing for his next fight - which he hopes takes place in the summer.

guillermo-rigondeaux%20(23).jpg

Rigondeaux (20-1, 13 KOs) has been out of the ring since February, when he captured the vacant WBA "regular" bantamweight title with a twelve round decision over Liborio Solis.

The 'super' WBA champion at the weight is Naoya Inoue.

"I was the pound-for-pound champion at 122, I'm going to be the best, pound-for-pound in the 118-pound division and then I'm going to go up again for 122,'' Rigondeaux said, according to George Ebro. "So you know. I'm not done yet. It's now that I start.''

Despite being 39-years-old and a boxing career spanning back to amateur tournaments as a kid in his native Cuba, Rigondeaux feels that he still has a lot of rope left in the game and warned the rest of the champions between 118 and 122.

"We're not done, now we start, the Jackalis not finished, now it starts,'" Rigondeaux added. "I'm still a champion at 118. I'm here. I keep making history. I'm a three-time world champion: two at 122 and one at 118."

What would come for Rigondeaux when the COVID-19 veil is lifted? While IBF, WBA Super champion Inoue is tied to a potential fight with WBO champion John Riel Casimero, there is another major bantamweight champion in WBC king Nordine Oubali; while at 122-pounds there are champions Emanuel "Vaquero'' Navarrete, Murodjon Akhmadaliev, Brandon Figueroa and Rey Vargas.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Right but I doubt he gonna fight him the same way. Porter could force himself on Spence even if he ended up losing a close fight, I don't think Danny will be able to do that.

The question is can Spence fight disciplined & keep his defense tight? Every fight I've seen him in except the Garcia nonsense he's gotten touched up more than he should

If they do fight we'll find out though

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
So Crawford was undisputed at 140, could of became #1 contender for ANY belt at 147, Thurman/Pac, Porter, Spence, and Horn were the belt holders at the time... And he chooses to fight Jeff Horn?! :francis::mjlol: He coulda went the IBF route became the mando and got Spence stripped if he didn't defend. IBF honored Mikey as a contender and overlooked Spence mando at the time for the fight, Crawford couldn't of did that? He fights a champ nobody gave a fukk about?

Alright bruh you got it P4P #1 fighting bums his whole career bruh, you got it. :lolbron:

Like Khan aint Danny leftovers... And Khan ran from Kell Brook his whole career.

Of course he did -- that's the Top Rank belt, why wouldn't the number one Arum guy lift that belt off Horn?

Y'all act like y'all understand politics...
But don't understand it at all.
Terence Crawford, 3 division champion, P4P top 3, WBO welterweight champion and them PBC boys ain't stopping shyt. :ohlawd:

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
The question is can Spence fight disciplined & keep his defense tight? Every fight I've seen him in except the Garcia nonsense he's gotten touched up more than he should

If they do fight we'll find out though
I see spence fighting Danny exactly how he fought Brook. There's no reason not to. Danny might have slightly more power than Brook but he's also slower and more predictable. And he never makes adjustments. Once his opponents figure him out he just accepts it then complains after he loses a close decision. Knowing damn well he coulda done more.

I think Spence will have him all figured out by round 3 and be able to slip any huge punches Danny has to throw. Same as he did brook and Porter. Those guys still managed to land a few heavy shots but they actually pressed the action and forced Spence to exchange. Danny's not gonna force Spence to do shyt. He's gonna sit back and wait for the perfect moment to strike. And the chances of that style beating Spence are slim to none. Only guy who could do that is Crawford. But he can match Spence in every physical department. Danny cannot. Only advantage he has is power and even that is debatable.

Only way Danny can win is if he comes out with a whole different mentality. If he comes out like he fought granados he has a better chance to win. He also has a better chance to get knocked out. Which is why I see him playing it safe and letting Spence take control. If Spence is close to his old self he should win a clear decision or even get a knockout late. Danny's gonna take some serious punishment in this one :yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I see spence fighting Danny exactly how he fought Brook. There's no reason not to. Danny might have slightly more power than Brook but he's also slower and more predictable. And he never makes adjustments. Once his opponents figure him out he just accepts it then complains after he loses a close decision. Knowing damn well he coulda done more.

I think Spence will have him all figured out by round 3 and be able to slip any huge punches Danny has to throw. Same as he did brook and Porter. Those guys still managed to land a few heavy shots but they actually pressed the action and forced Spence to exchange. Danny's not gonna force Spence to do shyt. He's gonna sit back and wait for the perfect moment to strike. And the chances of that style beating Spence are slim to none. Only guy who could do that is Crawford. But he can match Spence in every physical department. Danny cannot. Only advantage he has is power and even that is debatable.

Only way Danny can win is if he comes out with a whole different mentality. If he comes out like he fought granados he has a better chance to win. He also has a better chance to get knocked out. Which is why I see him playing it safe and letting Spence take control. If Spence is close to his old self he should win a clear decision or even get a knockout late. Danny's gonna take some serious punishment in this one :yeshrug:

If he fights Swift the same way he fought Brook & especially Porter then he gets clipped lol. The more opportunities you give Danny the chances are he'll catch you with something big. And with Spence's defensive liabilities that would play right into Swift's strength

Spence hasn't shown he can keep his defensive tight; especially with an opponent on his level. It really doesn't matter how good he is offensively because if his defense is leaky like it's been pretty much his whole career, then he's gonna get caught. And Swift has one of the best chins in boxing on top of that so he'll exchange with him to get his his opportunity to land something

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
If he fights Swift the same way he fought Brook & especially Porter then he gets clipped lol. The more opportunities you give Danny the chances are he'll catch you with something big. And with Spence's defensive liabilities that would play right into Swift's strength

Spence hasn't shown he can keep his defensive tight; especially with an opponent on his level. It really doesn't matter how good he is offensively because if his defense is leaky like it's been pretty much his whole career, then he's gonna get caught. And Swift has one of the best chins in boxing on top of that so he'll exchange with him to get his his opportunity to land something

Danny isn't exactly the hardest to hit either:yeshrug:.....Especially in the early going. Spence is gonna make it physical for him from the get go. Danny struggles with guys who are more athletic and keep pushing forward.

Danny has the tools to do it. But if you aren't willing to use those tools when the pressure is on it doesn't mean anything. Danny could have beaten Porter and Thurman if he stood his ground more and forced them to fight. But he was too hesitant to let his hands go. Spence is taller, faster, and physically stronger. But he’s also still pretty green. And if Danny is willing to trade with him he can force him into a mistake. The wait and see approach is gonna get him roughed up though. Even though Spence is a come forward fighter he’s still methodical. He picks his punches well and every one is thrown to do damage. And if you just sit back and let him do whatever he wants he's gonna beat you down with fundamentals.

Danny's best chance here is to fight fire with fire and make Spence 2nd guess himself. But I've yet to see anybody come close to achieving that. Spence is like a machine....he just keeps coming. Doesn't matter if he gets rocked. He's always touching you and he's always applying pressure.

I think it'll be a good fight though. Danny will have his moments. But Spence will just have more:yeshrug: