Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
And this is why I don't think Danny will win. Spence consistently attacks the body, baits you into leaving your body open just so he can attack it. It's a whole different ball game taking body shots and shots on the head/chin for 12rds, because while a body shot may not stop you after a few rounds of taking hard shots to the ribs and stomach it's much harder to get that power into your punches. Eventually you will stop countering to protect your body. Nobody will just take body shots with reckless abandon for 12 rounds bro, never in my life have I seen it.

Them body shots Spence put on him low key doomed Porter. By the last 4 rounds all that aggression was gone because that man was hurting badly. Spence landed over 100 body shots on that man. :picard:

Spence is back on the training regimen he was on before he got popular/lazy in between fights. Breh was putting on too much weight spending most of camp losing it. It showed his last couple fights that his strength wasnt the same. If all functions are good post accident I expect Spence to be :demonic:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Spence is back on the training regimen he was on before he got popular/lazy in between fights. Breh was putting on too much weight spending most of camp losing it. It showed his last couple fights that his strength wasnt the same. If all functions are good post accident I expect Spence to be :demonic:

I still need to see it, but I think that accident was the best thing that could of happened to him, in the sense of I think he is gonna start taking boxing and staying in shape serious again.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bruh badou jack is one of the very few fighters..i mean few that has thrown himself into the fire and faced top comp..esp on PBC side where its a rarity

dirrell, groves, cleverly, bute, degale, superman, browne, and pascal....these are his last 8 opponents..2 of them were FOTY candidates
All I was saying was every promotional company has a bunch of fighters they not going all out for. Floyd put jack on some of the biggest cards just like tank. Everybody can’t be a star :yeshrug:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

UnconsciousObviousDuiker-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

NeighboringHeartfeltGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

full

Last edited:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wondering how does it sit with Davis that Floyd out there openly embracing one of his rivals :mjlol:
Anyway Mayweather - Haney sounds like a good combo stylistically, I'm still not sure if Floyd can put aside his ego to become a successful trainer but I hope he will cause he's one of the last of his kind and it would be a pity if that knowledge would be lost. Same way I'd like if Tyson would teach some fighters out there how to do the real peek-a-boo style

He put in some work with Tank, Broner, and Rolle too

Might be trying to sign Haney when he is done with DAZN.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Hard to prove that though but I think he hurt Porter more than each one of those.
Thurman probably had/has the best straight rear hand out of the three, Danny the best left hook, Spence the best body shots and imo generally the heaviest hands.
I agree with the left hook, straight right, body punch comparisons. I don't know about heaviest hands and without holding porter's head, he doesn't drop him with that punch. (if that's why you're crediting him with hurting n Porter so much)