Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Its the same reason why stipe who is a helluva fighter and UFC HW champ ain't got that juice despite being a good guy and a literal 1st responder. People want trashy reality TV stars nowadays rathermore than fighters in order for that crossover appeal to happen. On some WWE shyt :hubie:
Comes across as feminine to me but its their money :hubie:

I feel you breh. Bolded is true, but a lot of times that's the only thing promoters wanna promote. It's like when cac promoters say black fighters aren't marketable, but then boring ass Cory Spinks is selling out his hometown. A lot of times people repeat certain myths, so they have a built in excuse to not try anything else.

Shane Mosley was popular as fukk during his runs and he never got into all that extra shyt. Jeff Lacy was getting all types of endorsements and promo thrown at him and he wasn't all that rah rah outside the ring shyt.

You can't promote a Badou Jack the same way you'd promote Tank, but that doesn't mean you give up on Jack or tell him to get into more fukkery. You figure something else out.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I feel you breh. Bolded is true, but a lot of times that's the only thing promoters wanna promote. It's like when cac promoters say black fighters aren't marketable, but then boring ass Cory Spinks is selling out his hometown. A lot of times people repeat certain myths, so they have a built in excuse to not try anything else.

Shane Mosley was popular as fukk during his runs and he never got into all that extra shyt. Jeff Lacy was getting all types of endorsements and promo thrown at him and he wasn't all that rah rah outside the ring shyt.

You can't promote a Badou Jack the same way you'd promote Tank, but that doesn't mean you give up on Jack or tell him to get into more fukkery. You figure something else out.
That the only way they know how nowadays. This the diva era:francis:
I know aj ain't with that reality TV shyt and all....helps that he a golf medalist there tho and the UK has a large following

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah how many times has Danny taken a step back from a hard shot. His chin is ridiculous. You have to break him down from the body but his counters are too sharp to do it consistently

And this is why I don't think Danny will win. Spence consistently attacks the body, baits you into leaving your body open just so he can attack it. It's a whole different ball game taking body shots and shots on the head/chin for 12rds, because while a body shot may not stop you after a few rounds of taking hard shots to the ribs and stomach it's much harder to get that power into your punches. Eventually you will stop countering to protect your body. Nobody will just take body shots with reckless abandon for 12 rounds bro, never in my life have I seen it.

Them body shots Spence put on him low key doomed Porter. By the last 4 rounds all that aggression was gone because that man was hurting badly. Spence landed over 100 body shots on that man. :picard:

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bruh don’t put jack in there with Mosley. He was Whooping ass and also somewhat of a pretty boy. Spinks has some good fights against good comp and fought Judah twice which both were exciting

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nikka jack ain’t a star what’s the point of wasting promotional dollars on him. He would’ve done the same thing at dazn golden boy or top rank.

never mind nikka you still not getting it. :what:

I'm just gonna put your ass on ignore, because I'm tired of getting alerts from you saying the same dumb fukking shyt. :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Bruh don’t put jack in there with Mosley. He was Whooping ass and also somewhat of a pretty boy. Spinks has some good fights against good comp and fought Judah twice which both were exciting

bruh badou jack is one of the very few fighters..i mean few that has thrown himself into the fire and faced top comp..esp on PBC side where its a rarity

dirrell, groves, cleverly, bute, degale, superman, browne, and pascal....these are his last 8 opponents..2 of them were FOTY candidates

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That the only way they know how nowadays. This the diva era:francis:
I know aj ain't with that reality TV shyt and all....helps that he a golf medalist there tho and the UK has a large following

True
but, at the end of the day, you won't know how marketable something is unless you make an honest effort to promote/support it. The country as a whole has to do a better job in promoting boxing.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
bruh badou jack is one of the very few fighters..i mean few that has thrown himself into the fire and faced top comp..esp on PBC side where its a rarity

dirrell, groves, cleverly, bute, degale, superman, browne, and pascal....these are his last 8 opponents..2 of them were FOTY candidates
Shiiiiiiiiiiit he gone through the ringer

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
In what way are Spence and Lacy anywhere remotely close to the same? Lacy never beat ANY top level opponents bro.
giphy.gif