Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mikey thought he could beat Spence because he beat Easter, clearly beat him in my book, who is taller and longer than Spence, albeit not as physically stout, and he didn't have trouble with the height and length of Easter. Size didn't have as much to do with it as people like to think.

Mikey has shown me in the Easter fight and the Vargas fight physical advantages alone won't beat him.
no definitely not physical advantages alone but I feel similarly like I did with Loma vs Rigo. Many ppl said there too (I realize you don't say this) that size had nothing to do with Loma's win cause he beat Rigo in skills but that's lying to themsleves, cause just because it isn't apparent sometimes size still plays a part.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ever since the Salido fight I’ve questioned Mikey heart... 1st of all he couldn’t put Salido away despite a talent N size advantage... then Salido turns up the heat N you :merchant: .... Robert N Daddy decide you can’t fight anymore let’s go to the cards :camby:

The Spence shyt was embarrassing N basically confirmed what I already knew

So either Manny lights him up N Mikey mentally quits before Manny has a chance to gas or Mikey tries to stink it up N Manny gotta chase N it’s boring

For that give Keith his rematch :manny:
Fair enough, I don't hate Mikey, not loving him either :yeshrug:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
no definitely not physical advantages alone but I feel similarly like I did with Loma vs Rigo. Many ppl said there too (I realize you don't say this) that size had nothing to do with Loma's win cause he beat Rigo in skills but that's lying to themsleves, cause just because it isn't apparent sometimes size still plays a part.

The difference between the fights is Rigo didn't really want the Loma fight iirc, Mikey called out Spence, and compare how Spence fought Mikey compared to everyone else. Loma actually bullied Rigo kinda, the way Spence fought Mikey I wish he would have that defensive mindedness in every fight. It's crazy against the Kell Brook's and Shawn Porter's he leaves himself open to get hit, yet against a lightweight he never even let him have a chance it was strange to me that the one who should of been the least threat he fought with the safest gameplan. It was ass backwards to me.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The difference between the fights is Rigo didn't really want the Loma fight iirc, Mikey called out Spence, and compare how Spence fought Mikey compared to everyone else. Loma actually bullied Rigo kinda, the way Spence fought Mikey I wish he would have that defensive mindedness in every fight. It's crazy against the Kell Brook's and Shawn Porter's he leaves himself open to get hit, yet against a lightweight he never even let him have a chance it was strange to me that the one who should of been the least threat he fought with the safest gameplan. It was ass backwards to me.
yeah and he still punished mikey on top of that

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
going by their opponents...id say danny garcia is more proven on his chin than spence....its danny best trait...dude has stayed upright from real punchers like lucas, ****, judah, thurman..hes a caveman on that aspect
Also helps that he has 6 toes, so he doesn't have to worry about being knocked down because he got hit off balance :ehh:

My guy Swift got that real life Game Shark cheat code :pachaha:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arum Wants Lomachenko Vs. Teofimo On Pay-Per-View
“It certainly would be a pay-per-view,”
Arum said. “… It’s a big fight that we can do something spectacular in conjunction with the Las Vegas Convention [and Visitors] Authority. Do a big outdoor event.”

If the fight doesn’t sell this time, then perhaps the rematch between them might do well in 2021 or 2022. If Lomachenko loses the battle, he’ll have no choice but to push for a rematch. Lomachenko isn’t young enough to walk away from a loss without it hurting his career.

Arum can certainly stage the Lomachenko-Teofimo fight for September, but will the fans come? Better yet, will the state of New York allow crowds to attend live events by September?

Teofimo and Lomachenko, both promoted by Top Rank Boxing, were supposed to fight at the end of May at Madison Square Garden in New York. The pandemic ruined those plans, putting both guys on the sidelines.

Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez in September on PPV - Bob Arum ⋆ Boxing News 24

He talked about lowering the price of PPV last month I think, I wonder where they price this at.

What happened to Gilberto Ramirez? Is he waiting for his contract to run out?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Also helps that he has 6 toes, so he doesn't have to worry about being knocked down because he got hit off balance :ehh:

My guy Swift got that real life Game Shark cheat code :pachaha:
lmfao Yo this man giving pacquiao six toes down when that fight didn't come through

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

:umad:

Tank seen Floyd training Haney and was seething like

tumblr_n6nfizae3Q1tu7965o1_400.gif

:russ:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ever since the Salido fight I’ve questioned Mikey heart... 1st of all he couldn’t put Salido away despite a talent N size advantage... then Salido turns up the heat N you :merchant: .... Robert N Daddy decide you can’t fight anymore let’s go to the cards :camby:

The Spence shyt was embarrassing N basically confirmed what I already knew

So either Manny lights him up N Mikey mentally quits before Manny has a chance to gas or Mikey tries to stink it up N Manny gotta chase N it’s boring

For that give Keith his rematch :manny:

Agree with all of this.
I don't wanna see Pac fight a dude that gave up on himself after the 3rd round in a fight he asked for, that was just 2 bouts ago.

Plus if Mikey had problems with Spence and his basic footwork, then I doubt he does much better with the frentic footwork even a past it Manny has.