Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
He put in some work with Tank, Broner, and Rolle too

Might be trying to sign Haney when he is done with DAZN.

I found it weird Haney signed with DAZN given his relationship with Floyd and Showtime Affiliation. But maybe Mayweather was cool with it and just planning to sign him when he’s eventually ready to go to 147 and be a main player there in the PBC stable.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Out of all the "top" guys at 147, Danny is the safest for Spence :yeshrug:.....if he's even 80% what he used to be he should win clearly. I think workrate will be the difference here. Spence will close the distance like Peterson did but just do it much more effectively.

Danny will be a threat early but eventually he'll go into his shell like he always does and give away at least 9 rounds because he forgot how to throw a combo. You'd like to think Danny will learn from the mistakes he made vs Thurman and Porter but I don't see it happening. Once Spence starts landing those jabs and body shots Danny will start looking for the homerun until he runs out of time.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nacho Feels Canelo is Not P4P Best, Not One of Best Ever From Mexico
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Wed May 20, 2020, 12:17 AM EDT

Hall of Fame trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain does not believe world champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is capable of becoming one of the best fighters to ever come out of Mexico.

Canelo is recognized by many as the biggest star in the sport, certainly in the United States, and is currently the biggest star to fight out of Mexico.

He captured world titles at junior middleweight, middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight.

canelo-alvarez%20(4)_31.jpg

Veteran coach Robert Garcia believes Canelo has what it takes to become one of the best fighters to come out of Mexico.

But Nacho disagrees with that position. He does not view Canelo as being one of the best to come out of Mexico and he doesn't view him as the top pound for pound boxer in the sport.

"I differ from his opinion. I respect him but I disagree. I think it is going to be a little difficult for him to end up being one of the best fighters to come out of Mexico. He is a good fighter, no doubt about that. I particularly feel how he boxes is attractive. But for him to be the best pound for pound, he's not and he's not going to be," Nacho said to El Boxcast.

Nacho explained that Canelo, to an extent, has been protected and kept away from certain fighters in his weight classes.

"I think they are intelligently evading some middleweight fighters who may harm him and are taking care of his career because they are making a lot of money. To a certain extent he is good, but I think he is not the best," Nacho said.

Canelo last fought in November, when he moved up by two weight classes and knocked out Sergey Kovalev to capture the WBO title at 175-pounds. He has a tentative return being positioned for September.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Should be a clear win for Spence but still a hell of a come back fight after a major accident and likely a year out of the ring by the time of the fight. :ehh:
Think Spence is on another level than Danny but I really want to see how Spence reacts to getting caught a couple times by a puncher of Danny caliber.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Should be a clear win for Spence but still a hell of a come back fight after a major accident and likely a year out of the ring by the time of the fight. :ehh:
Think Spence is on another level than Danny but I really want to see how Spence reacts to getting caught a couple times by a puncher of Danny caliber.

thats the million dollar question...in that porter fight, i dont think much of porter as a puncher but porter was lighting dude up little bit too much to me...i still dont think its a good idea for spence to go straight into a fight like that but what are you going to do

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Don’t think they can tell Pac who to fight so it’s probably entirely up to him. I rather see him fighting Mikey if he can tbh

Of course it’s up to :deadmanny:

I’m not trying to see Mikey bytch out N get 12-0 cuz he gives up N has zero fukking heart :childplease:

It don’t even gotta be Swift ... I’d rather see Manny v ANYBODY but Mikey

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Of course it’s up to :deadmanny:

I’m not trying to see Mikey bytch out N get 12-0 cuz he gives up N has zero fukking heart :childplease:

It don’t even gotta be Swift ... I’d rather see Manny v ANYBODY but Mikey
Didn't say it's a dream fight of mine just that he might take that if he's able to.
Tbf though I'd expect Mikey to do better against Pac than against Spence who's a massive 147er especially to Mikey

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Didn't say it's a dream fight of mine just that he might take that if he's able to.
Tbf though I'd expect Mikey to do better against Pac than against Spence who's a massive 147er especially to Mikey

Mikey thought he could beat Spence because he beat Easter, clearly beat him in my book, who is taller and longer than Spence, albeit not as physically stout, and he didn't have trouble with the height and length of Easter. Size didn't have as much to do with it as people like to think.

Mikey has shown me in the Easter fight and the Vargas fight physical advantages alone won't beat him.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Ever since the Salido fight I’ve questioned Mikey heart... 1st of all he couldn’t put Salido away despite a talent N size advantage... then Salido turns up the heat N you :merchant: .... Robert N Daddy decide you can’t fight anymore let’s go to the cards :camby:

The Spence shyt was embarrassing N basically confirmed what I already knew

So either Manny lights him up N Mikey mentally quits before Manny has a chance to gas or Mikey tries to stink it up N Manny gotta chase N it’s boring

For that give Keith his rematch :manny: