Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Spence has proven to hit harder than Danny or vintage Thurman
Hard to prove that though but I think he hurt Porter more than each one of those.
Thurman probably had/has the best straight rear hand out of the three, Danny the best left hook, Spence the best body shots and imo generally the heaviest hands.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i be forgetting bey was a champ too lol...in bey's case his own stupidity did him in..floyd and ellerbe were like :hubie:

Yup, said part is Bey could fight, but you are who you are.
Love was about the only one that didn't pan out to remotely anything. Not even on a gym war level since Dirrell beat his ass in that shyt too.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jack as the Star of Mayweather Promotions is like when WCW had Jeff Jarrett as World Champ :hhh:

Them Whores at the Strip Club prolly rake in 20xs more money one a weekend than Jack ever could

But it’s true Jack was always an afterthought... Jleon Love was getting way more attention at first

Jack could’ve/should’ve gotten some more attention... but at the end of the day if I told you the nikka who got slumped in one minute on ShoBox vs Derek Edwards :picard:... would go on to be co main on a ppv (Floyd v Berto) (Floyd McGregor)...N headline Showtime cards ... Degale , Superman etc... without being very exciting in or out the ring ... you’d say MP did right by him :yeshrug:

i wouldn't say he wasn't exciting.....he's had consistently entertaining fights...outside of the first half of his fight with superman

outside the ring..i mean he's a family man and a devout muslim...shyt i say it all the time tank and broner need to find islam in their lives :heh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
i think my take is i like danny in the exchanges and i like spence in the middle of the ring. so i think the fight kind of tilts on how much they get into exchanges with each other.

Danny has to get into exchanges, Spence has a habit of leaving himself open coming out of exchanges in later rounds, Danny gonna have to counter Spence cause standing there Spence will outpoint him in what may end up being a dull affair. That's why I said the one thing I wanna see out of Spence post accident is defensive responsibility, cause his lapses in defense won't hurt him at 147, but when he inevitably moves up to 154 it could get him beat up.

I don't know who takes it better out of Spence or Danny, I don't recall ever seeing g either one of them truly hurt In any fight, stunned maybe, hurt nah. And Danny and Spence have different types of power, one is explosive, the other is more accumulative.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i wouldn't say he wasn't exciting.....he's had consistently entertaining fights...outside of the first half of his fight with superman

outside the ring..i mean he's a family man and a devout muslim...shyt i say it all the time tank and broner need to find islam in their lives :heh:

I meant in terms of casual or mainstream non entertaining... add on the he only fights for 6 rds shyt... draws are the worst for fans imo

But yea he’s not puppet Vasquez or them Cuban nikkas

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
@Yuzo I don't know if the answer to beating Spence is to box him. I've seen Brook, Porter(early rounds), Mikey(he was actually trying before about round 6, around round 6 is where he realized it was hopeless), even past prime Peterson all try to box that man and fail bro, and the only one who didn't fail miserably is Porter. I still think the answer to beating Errol Spence is flat out beating him up Spence's notable amateur losses(outside of the olympics) came against pressure fighting brawlers Omar Figueroa being one of them, boxing him will probably yield similar results to what we have seen.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
going by their opponents...id say danny garcia is more proven on his chin than spence....its danny best trait...dude has stayed upright from real punchers like lucas, ****, judah, thurman..hes a caveman on that aspect

facts, Swift chin is quality tested and approved.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
going by their opponents...id say danny garcia is more proven on his chin than spence....its danny best trait...dude has stayed upright from real punchers like lucas, ****, judah, thurman..hes a caveman on that aspect

He ate a zab uppercut didn’t see coming right after a headbut that busted him open

The Matthysse shot that sent the mouthpiece into Orbit

N that Thurman punch in the first round exchanging

:picard:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Its the same reason why stipe who is a helluva fighter and UFC HW champ ain't got that juice despite being a good guy and a literal 1st responder. People want trashy reality TV stars nowadays rathermore than fighters in order for that crossover appeal to happen. On some WWE shyt :hubie:
Comes across as feminine to me but its their money :hubie:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

This is a good take, Brook was probably the hardest puncher Spence ever faced(IDK if I wanna count Mikey at 147 yet, Vargas definitely respected his power and Vargas ain't ever been stopped), and I'd say Brook has good power not great power.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This is a good take, Brook was probably the hardest puncher Spence ever faced(IDK if I wanna count Mikey at 147 yet, Vargas definitely respected his power and Vargas ain't ever been stopped), and I'd say Brook has good power not great power.
Yeah how many times has Danny taken a step back from a hard shot. His chin is ridiculous. You have to break him down from the body but his counters are too sharp to do it consistently