Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You don’t see Floyd been holding the mitts for the younger guys on his page? And jack is not that talented bruh

Talented enough and not that talented are two different things bruh.

and none of them jits Floyd holding the mitts for got shyt to do with him not promoting Jack more.

so once again agree to disagree.

you can be a Floyd fan and hold him accountable for his mistakes, but :manny:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
this...Jack actually willingly gets into the high level fights that somebody like tank avoids..Floyd should have been pushing him to the moon

Exactly

but apparently making IG posts and saying nikkas names in interviews is pushing somebody to the moon. :mjlol:

Broner does all that regular shyt for Easter Jr. who even struggles more than Jack, but :manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jack as the Star of Mayweather Promotions is like when WCW had Jeff Jarrett as World Champ :hhh:

Them Whores at the Strip Club prolly rake in 20xs more money one a weekend than Jack ever could

But it’s true Jack was always an afterthought... Jleon Love was getting way more attention at first

Jack could’ve/should’ve gotten some more attention... but at the end of the day if I told you the nikka who got slumped in one minute on ShoBox vs Derek Edwards :picard:... would go on to be co main on a ppv (Floyd v Berto) (Floyd McGregor)...N headline Showtime cards ... Degale , Superman etc... without being very exciting in or out the ring ... you’d say MP did right by him :yeshrug:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I think Spence confuses Danny...he can jab him out, work his body when entangled...but its no joke because Danny is dangerous in the exchanges..especially with the hooks. Spence knows this..its no concern to me.
theres a punch i saw spence throwing at mikey - its a punch floyd used to throw. looks like this.

4QLToD9.gif

jack johnson throws that punch at fireman jim flynn in their fight.

KhxtnZt.gif

thats probably the farthest back you can trace that punch. thats a bullshyt punch. but it lets you create contact and it cant be countered. all spence has to do, is pick and poke danny all night with stuff like that, and he will coast to a decision. danny 's strength, counterpunching, can be negated if spence doesnt give him anything to counter. thats really up to spence. because even though they can both get each other out of there, i tend to think that danny takes it a little better than spence, and also hits a little harder than spence, so in all the little exchanges they get into hold your breath because all of them are going to be a dice roll.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Doesn’t work that way

remove your fan lens, and put on your promoter hat Pat

i am bruh...its weird to me..floyd has had only 3 champions under his banner since he started promoting

now with ishe smith..floyd actually did the minimum with him...got him his title shot, was in his corner when he won the belt, and got him a spot on floyd vs canelo...and decent spots on high profile cards and PBC cards after.but ishe never put together a decent run to further his marketability..that i dont hold floyd accountable for...but badou jack did...if you can put effort in trying to do something with bum ass j'leon love who has done nothing to date you can do something for jack..and jack had a run (of wins and draws) before his unfortunate 2019.

basically if youre not promoting your champion, you think of him as jobber fodder..jack was/is better than that

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i am bruh...its weird to me..floyd has had only 3 champions under his banner since he started promoting

now with ishe smith..floyd actually did the minimum with him...got him his title shot, was in his corner when he won the belt, and got him a spot on floyd vs canelo...and decent spots on high profile cards and PBC cards after.but ishe never put together a decent run to further his marketability..that i dont hold floyd accountable for...but badou jack did...if you can put effort in trying to do something with bum ass j'leon love who has done nothing to date you can do something for jack..and jack had a run (of wins and draws) before his unfortunate 2019.

basically if youre not promoting your champion, you think of him as jobber fodder..jack was/is better than that

facts
there was only so much you can do for guys like Ishe, Love, and even Bey.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
theres a punch i saw spence throwing at mikey - its a punch floyd used to throw. looks like this.

4QLToD9.gif

jack johnson throws that punch at fireman jim flynn in their fight.

KhxtnZt.gif

thats probably the farthest back you can trace that punch. thats a bullshyt punch. but it lets you create contact and it cant be countered. all spence has to do, is pick and poke danny all night with stuff like that, and he will coast to a decision. danny 's strength, counterpunching, can be negated if spence doesnt give him anything to counter. thats really up to spence. because even though they can both get each other out of there, i tend to think that danny takes it a little better than spence, and also hits a little harder than spence, so in all the little exchanges they get into hold your breath because all of them are going to be a dice roll.
I think Spence hits harder but Danny might take it better.
Only guy I'd pick over Spence at 147 is Bud but we'll see how Spence looks after the accident. I tend to think he's gonna look more or less the same

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Only guy I'd pick over Spence at 147 is Bud but we'll see how Spence looks after the accident. I tend to think he's gonna look more or less the same
I don't think Spence has proven to hit harder than Danny or vintage Thurman

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the reason he’s only had a few champs, is because he just put on guys that he took a liking to at the mayweather gym.

We are going to agree to disagree.

Where I criticize Mayweather Promotions is their inability to secure young, top tier talent. Tank was given to him by AB. Haney has been working out at that gym for years. You gotta figure out a way to get this kid on your team. Shakur said he was disappointed that Floyd barely pursued him. If they are gonna take the leap to the next level, you gotta secure talent.

Who knows, maybe he doesn’t care and just uses his platform to put on guys he likes. You think I’m signing a bum like Ishe? Hell no

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think my take is i like danny in the exchanges and i like spence in the middle of the ring. so i think the fight kind of tilts on how much they get into exchanges with each other.