Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lopez and Loma been talking all that shyt like Haney wouldn't touch up both of them.
yea, I'm not saying Loma is scared of Haney or even Lopez cause he seems like a ballsy dude but Top Rank was definitely cool on putting in Loma vs Haney before they could make the 4 belt unification with Lopez. Loma would have been the favorite as he would be the favorite in any 135 bouts right now but they weren't trying to see that Haney fight, it was risky enough for them to go for the franchise belt.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yea, I'm not saying Loma is scared of Haney or even Lopez cause he seems like a ballsy dude but Top Rank was definitely cool on putting in Loma vs Haney before they could make the 4 belt unification with Lopez. Loma would have been the favorite as he would be the favorite in any 135 bouts right now but they weren't trying to see that Haney fight, it was risky enough for them to go for the franchise belt.

There's a reason they don't want to put Loma in there with Haney, cause he's gonna lose that one.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
roy had skills..elite skills..to go along with elite athleticism...dude was not my favorite fighter...but ill say it again he is prolly the most gifted fighter ive seen in my boxing lifetime outside of sweet pea..def the most offensively gifted ive seen

the funny thing is the athletic tag was used for wilder as a positive scapegoat excuse when his lack of solid technical foundation was becoming more and more glaring and he wasn't even facing the caliber of who roy faced with that "athleticism" :heh:
Wilder is athletic for a HW I guess but his only real standout is his power in his right hand, his speed was overblown in the media, though he's on the faster end of HWs.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There's a reason they don't want to put Loma in there with Haney, cause he's gonna lose that one.
I'd like Haney to beat him and Haney is my favorite 135er but nah that's a stretch to me as of now. I think they just deemed the fight to be risky enough to not take it before an in-house, 4 belts unification that they built up. Like when they reach a threshold % of the chance they think the opponent got they rather don't take it, Haney probably reached that threshold.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'd like Haney to beat him and Haney is my favorite 135er but nah that's a stretch to me as of now. I think they just deemed the fight to be risky enough to not take it before an in-house, 4 belts unification that they built up. Like when they reach a threshold % of the chance they think the opponent got they rather don't take it, Haney probably reached that threshold.

We'll agree to disagree. You don't get out of fighting someone and then make up a million and one excuses why the person doesn't deserve a shot if you think you'll win. Looks fugazi to me, I know a duck when I see one.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the whole lomachenko-haney-lopez saga annoys me

lomachenko for taking on that stupid franchise shyt especially..man was in the position to unify the damn division and pulls that shyt

haney has been injured and the wbc fukked up by stripping and restoring him for no good reason

lopez saying the lomachenko fight isnt going to happen is :beli: to me

135 in a way holds itself back

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

lomachenko for taking on that stupid franchise shyt especially..man was in the position to unify the damn division and pulls that shyt

haney has been injured and the wbc fukked up by stripping and restoring him for no good reason

Sounds like there’s a common guy in all of this. I’ll save what I think he’s cooking up for later.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I 2nd that notion. Fight was super trash.
Only time I was ever disappointed by a nikka winning while repping Florida. :hhh:

With the good we have to acknowledge the bad :francis:

I was hype af for that fight... I remember During the build up Tito was joking around with a catchers mit I believe talking bout he goin catch the jab N he ready

I wasn’t worried at all bout the out come

The fight starts N Kept waiting for Tito to turn it on N get to Winky .... by like rd 6 I knew it was over N the old Tito was gone forever :mjcry:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Talent wise it’s arguably the best division... but a prime example of how politics and fighters being with Different promoters fukk things up.