Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

My man said email world champion :laff: :deadmanny:

It’s interesting though how this whole thing came down on Haney of all people who was just moving up in the ranks but when he got there, Loma’s side successfuly lobbied for a WBC “Franchise champion” status so they can avoid the fight and go for the Lopez fight. It’s on record that they requested it. And yet ppl rather criticize Haney for being an “e-mail champ” instead of Lomachenko and his team.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Styles make fights. Carlos Morales should have got the decision again Ryan.

Rollie is a better, fresher more powerful version of that. Ryan is a hype job and Duno and Fonseca are going to be career journeymen.

Past fights mean nothing to me anyway when it comes down to prospects fighting. I’m judging off styles only.

Once Ryan goes back which he will his chin will go straight up in the air and he will get Koed.

Great observation. Garcia hasn’t worked off the back foot or been rocked and had to adjust, he fight a southpaw with a good lead hook and it’s not going to be pretty.

His lead hand hangs very low for someone with such a front leg and upright stance.

Roy in his prime was able to move so well laterally (both by foot and lean.)

We all know what happened when those fast twitch fibres slowed up though.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Great observation. Garcia hasn’t worked off the back foot or been rocked and had to adjust, he fight a southpaw with a good lead hook and it’s not going to be pretty.

His lead hand hangs very low for someone with such a front leg and upright stance.

Roy in his prime was able to move so well laterally (both by foot and lean.)

We all know what happened when those fast twitch fibres slowed up though.
He has his flaws for sure but hard not to notice how he got more composed and overall a better fighter with Reynoso. He stepped up and passed the tests like they'd be nothing. That doesn't mean he can't be beaten but he certainly improves and made a good decision to sign up with the Reynosos, right after the aforementioned Morales fight.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talk that shyt El Terrible :picard:

Morales won the first fight so clear, a rematch wasn’t really necessary. However, it was probably the best direction to go financially.

I personally like the Mayweather approach, which is really no rematches unless people believe the other guy may have won the fight. Money could have tried to attempt bullshyt rematches if he wanted to. Hell they probably would have made more money then some of his other fights like Ortiz and Guerrero for instance.

Too bad Marquez/Morales never happened.