Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Morales won the first fight so clear, a rematch wasn’t really necessary. However, it was probably the best direction to go financially.

I personally like the Mayweather approach, which is really no rematches unless people believe the other guy may have won the fight. Money could have tried to attempt bullshyt rematches if he wanted to. Hell they probably would have made more money then some of his other fights like Ortiz and Guerrero for instance.

Too bad Marquez/Morales never happened.
larry holmes gardens are open nowadays so there is still hope :mjgrin:

The axe murderer

Daps
but, but but Roy didn't have boxing skills, he was just pure talent and athleticism :mjlol:
His style didn't age too well but you ain't beating guys he beat with just athleticism :wow:
I also saw some people say roy jones was lazy in training from so called fans which is obvious:mjpls: considering his pops put him through hellish workouts.
This cements a lot of boxing fans are among the lowest common denominator in sports fans and that is fukking saying something. That kinda athleticism natural or not you need to put in a fukk ton of work not to gas out but seeing as a lot of these people are fat fukks that gas out and can't please their old ladies what do they know

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
His style didn't age too well but you ain't beating guys he beat with just athleticism :wow:
I also saw some people say roy jones was lazy in training from so called fans which is obvious:mjpls: considering his pops put him through hellish workouts.
This cements a lot of boxing fans are among the lowest common denominator in sports fans and that is fukking saying something. That kinda athleticism natural or not you need to put in a fukk ton of work not to gas out but seeing as a lot of these people are fat fukks that gas out and can't please their old ladies what do they know

Exactly
I can't take nikkas serious once they start downplaying Roy's skills. Even god like ability has to be honed and refined. nikkas that never boxed before or can't view shyt objectively will overlook and not understand certain nuances so its best to let them indulge in their ignorance.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It’s interesting though how this whole thing came down on Haney of all people who was just moving up in the ranks but when he got there, Loma’s side successfuly lobbied for a WBC “Franchise champion” status so they can avoid the fight and go for the Lopez fight. It’s on record that they requested it. And yet ppl rather criticize Haney for being an “e-mail champ” instead of Lomachenko and his team.

Lopez and Loma been talking all that shyt like Haney wouldn't touch up both of them.

The axe murderer

Daps
Exactly
I can't take nikkas serious once they start downplaying Roy's skills. Even god like ability has to be honed and refined. nikkas that never boxed before or can't view shyt objectively will overlook and not understand certain nuances so its best to let them indulge in their ignorance.

I mean even his counters require high level skill and timing. Its like talking to children I can't take em seriously. Look at the NFL how many dudes with GOD TIER athleticism became busts because they ain't refine their skills?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
but, but but Roy didn't have boxing skills, he was just pure talent and athleticism :mjlol:

roy had skills..elite skills..to go along with elite athleticism...dude was not my favorite fighter...but ill say it again he is prolly the most gifted fighter ive seen in my boxing lifetime outside of sweet pea..def the most offensively gifted ive seen

the funny thing is the athletic tag was used for wilder as a positive scapegoat excuse when his lack of solid technical foundation was becoming more and more glaring and he wasn't even facing the caliber of who roy faced with that "athleticism" :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Talk that shyt El Terrible :picard:

Morales won the first fight so clear, a rematch wasn’t really necessary. However, it was probably the best direction to go financially.

I personally like the Mayweather approach, which is really no rematches unless people believe the other guy may have won the fight. Money could have tried to attempt bullshyt rematches if he wanted to. Hell they probably would have made more money then some of his other fights like Ortiz and Guerrero for instance.

Too bad Marquez/Morales never happened.

he's right :manny:..that was a clear loss he handed pac..alot clearer than ppl who think marquez won the first 3 fights with pac :heh:

but @theflyest what we talked about before with morales fighting zahir raheem after...that was a huge mistake for him and honestly im surprised hbo still let that second fight with pac go ahead after that glitch..money talks..they were prolly like "well it wasnt like he got knocked out by him :manny:"

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's right :manny:..that was a clear loss he handed pac..alot clearer than ppl who think marquez won the first 3 fights with pac :heh:

but @theflyest what we talked about before with morales fighting zahir raheem after...that was a huge mistake for him and honestly im surprised hbo still let that second fight with pac go ahead after that glitch..money talks..they were prolly like "well it wasnt like he got knocked out by him :manny:"

They were determined to have that rematch.