Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

heavy farm work built old george's crazy strength
EXKXu9VU0AAgvxZ

You reminded me that he named all five of his sons George.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Valdez: Stevenson Thinks I’m Avoiding Him, But Berchelt’s A Tougher Opponent
By Keith Idec

Published On Tue May 5, 2020, 09:38 AM EDT

Shakur Stevenson sensed Oscar Valdez avoided him when the undefeated featherweight champion gave up his WBO title last summer.

Stevenson was the mandatory challenger for Valdez’s belt, but Valdez vacated it rather than facing the 22-year-old southpaw. The 2016 Olympic silver medalist instead completely out-boxed second-ranked rival Joet Gonzalez to win that unclaimed championship by unanimous decision October 26 in Reno, Nevada.

Stevenson’s reign as WBO featherweight champion might not last long, though. Frustrated by an inability to land a title unification fight against England’s Josh Warrington, Stevenson is committed to moving up to the 130-pound division without making a single title defense.

valdez-berchelt-1.jpg

Assuming Stevenson moves up, Mexico’s Valdez promised that he’ll be waiting for the Newark, New Jersey, native.

“Of course, I would love that fight, especially now,” Valdez told Top Rank’s Crystina Poncher during an interview posted to the company’s YouTube channel. “There’s a lot of people, including [Stevenson], who think I’m avoiding that fight. I’m not. I’m chasing my dream to become a world champion [in the 130-pound division]. I wanna fight for the world title with ‘El Alacran’ Berchelt. ‘El Alacran’ Berchelt is a tougher opponent than him. No offense to Shakur. Shakur is a great fighter. He’ll be up there. We’ll have to fight sooner or later. If he goes up to 130, I’ll gladly fight him.”

Valdez (27-0, 21 KOs) is expected to challenge Berchelt (37-1, 33 KOs) for his fellow Mexican’s WBC super featherweight title once the COVID-19 pandemic comes to an end. Stevenson told BoxingScene.com recently that he would like to fight the Berchelt-Valdez winner.

Stevenson (13-0, 7 KOs) was supposed to make the first defense of his WBO 126-pound crown March 14 at Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater in New York. The card featuring that optional title defense against Colombia’s Miguel Marriaga (29-3, 25 KOs) was canceled March 12 at the start of the coronavirus crisis.

Stevenson had hoped a victory over Marriaga would’ve led to boxing Warrington during the summer. The ambitious American was willing to fight Warrington (30-0, 7 KOs) in the IBF featherweight champion’s hometown of Leeds, England, but Warrington expects to fight WBA world featherweight champion Can Xu (18-2, 3 KOs) in his first fight following the COVID-19 pandemic.

valdez is something else..he sure as fukk did duck shakur..comes back from that broken jaw..fights 2 soft touches...shakur is announced as wbo mandatory..he vacates his belt to go to 130..but its not a duck :skip:..at 130 fights a last min replacement who nearly beats him lol...this fool is going to lose his zero this year guaranteed

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It was interesting to me that Floyd and Ellerbe, two guys so closely affiliated with the PBC praising Crawford calling him the P4P number 1.

Surely Floyd hasn't got the memo from the posters on here about Crawford not even being that good :jbhmm::troll:

Do you have a link?
But several PBC fighters have ranked Bud above Spence. Porter did recently, Krillin did before as well.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He’s right in Berchelt being tougher though, an established longtime champ at 130, the top of the division with big power vs a 126er who’s very talented but barely left the prospect stage and even if u lose to him he probably won’t beat you up