Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

morris

Superstar
Daps
i thought he was freed a while ago..i remember him posing in his boxing trunks looking like he was not too far from what he looked like in his prime

thats wild
5b982a074e6b3.image.jpg

that and the other poc w/o his short in trunks was from 2016, when they thought he would fight Andy Ruiz. He was arrested due to issues as per ICE and he could not fly back to Nigeria. Then other old warrants surfaced. But he should have been free. But with COVID and his immigration status ...

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That means he wasn't that skilled. Some people are actually skilled, some people are masters of giving off the appearance they have skill.

Nah he was skilled enough in my book.

Applying those skills is a whole different matter tho. Plus you gotta factor in the intangibles. He had all the tools, but like Oscar Dela Hoya, his ring IQ would be hit or miss. Basically fumbling with the tools he has and pulling the wrong ones out during the wrong moments....
The difference is the goldenboy was having these mental lapse against elite guys, whereas Valdez is doing this with the Marriaga's of the world. Instead of having 117-111 or late KO's against that level, he having hard ass 115-113 n 116-112 types of fights with them.

Top Rank should have noticed the trend earlier and steered him toward bigger more financially rewarding fights sooner. Same type of L they gave JuanMa instead of rolling the dice on the Gamboa fight, they got this nikka fighting Salido after dude was already having it tough with an older smaller R. Marquez.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Applying those skills is a whole different matter tho. Plus you gotta factor in the intangibles. He had all the tools, but like Oscar Dela Hoya, his ring IQ would be hit or miss. Basically fumbling with the tools he has and pulling the wrong ones out during the wrong moments....
The difference is the goldenboy was having these mental lapse against elite guys, whereas Valdez is doing this with the Marriaga's of the world. Instead of having 117-111 or late KO's against that level, he having hard ass 115-113 n 116-112 types of fights with them.

Top Rank should have noticed the trend earlier and steered him toward bigger more financially rewarding fights sooner. Same type of L they gave JuanMa instead of rolling the dice on the Gamboa fight, they got this nikka fighting Salido after dude was already having it tough with an older smaller R. Marquez.

#facts

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I think we making the same point. If he was truly that skilled he could apply those skills to top comp. It's easy to look very skilled against weak comp, if another fighter can come in and take your skills away you weren't that skilled.