Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Canelo fan and respect Danny Jacobs Ability but fight was epitome of
full

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You sound like mr undercard king himself @patscorpio :russ:

cuz its true tho fam. Its not a deal unless its some fights nikkas actually wanna see. Even better if the fights are actually significant.

PBC
Mell vs Hurd
Rosario vs Galimore 2
Soro vs Lateral
Harrison vs Krillin

Top Rank
Bud vs Jose Ramirez
Valdez vs Frampton
Teofimo Lopez vs Prograis

2 potential cards from Top Rank and PBC, but in reality all I did was add a bunch of separate main events and put em on the same card. May as well say fukk a showtime subscription an espn and pay 40 bucks at one time and get 4 months worth of fights on 1 night.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
All I remember is Jacobs throwing 17 weak ass punches in the air N Canelo dodging em like Neo

i shytted on this fight hard because it was a failed superfight. it was DAZN's first real black eye that year. the only thing memorable that whole night was poor herrera finally getting sent to the bushes by ortiz jr

i did respect danny keeping the same energy with canelo that he did with GGG in regards to the weight fukkery. if youre going to fukk around like that, be consistent :salute:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I remember I seen a video of Big George pulling a truck and I was like :dwillhuh:

I'm not sure any fighter had the strength that Foreman had
and he was pulling it uphill. I'm telling you man that farm strength is legit. Earnie Shavers was also a farmboy and we all know he hit like hell. Part genetics but tossing hay for a long time will get some conditioning

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
De La Hoya: I Had Two Torn Rotator Cuffs, A Little Over The Hill In Mayweather Fight
By Keith Idec
Published On Mon May 4, 2020, 04:34 PM EDT

Oscar De La Hoya has accepted his close loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“The Golden Boy” cannot help but wonder, however, what would’ve happened had he fought Mayweather when De La Hoya was younger and healthier. De La Hoya still gave his rival credit for the adjustments Mayweather made in the second half of their 12-round, 154-pound title fight during a recent appearance on CBS Sports’ “State of Combat” podcast, hosted by Brian Campbell.

“Well, that’s the beauty of Mayweather, is that he knows how to adjust,” De La Hoya said. “And, you know, there was nothing that I could do to adjust my game plan because A, I had two rotator cuffs tears on both shoulders, [and] I was a little over the hill. You know, I mean, I felt great. I was in the fight, but once that seventh, eighth, ninth, 10th round kicked in, your body just breaks down. And that’s exactly what happened. But Mayweather executed, he did a brilliant game plan and he beat me.”

de-la-hoya-mayweather.jpg

Mayweather, who was 30 when they fought, defeated De La Hoya, then 34, by split decision at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The 13th anniversary of their heavily hyped fight was Tuesday.

Judge Tom Kaczmarek scored that fight for De La Hoya, 115-113. Judges Chuck Giampa (116-112) and Jerry Roth (115-113) both scored Mayweather the winner.

The scores aside, there is no disputing that their HBO Pay-Per-View main event was a huge financial success. It produced approximately 2.4 million buys and $136 million in pay-per-view revenue, both of which were records at that time.

De La Hoya, who made more than $50 million from that bout, applauded Mayweather for his huge role in that extremely profitable promotion as well.

“Well, I mean, we took boxing to another level,” De La Hoya said. “You know, we stepped it up. Obviously, with 24/7, we were actually the creators of that series. You know, Mayweather was great. He was like the villain. You know, in order to create mega-fights, you need the hero and the villain. And Mayweather was the perfect character. And, you know, he was great that night. He obviously brought his ‘A’ game. I was on the downhill of my career, but he put [forth] a great performance and he beat me.”

De La Hoya: I Had Two Torn Rotator Cuffs, A Little Over The Hill In Mayweather Fight