Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Spence beats Swift N Thurman ... I got zero issues with him moving up after :manny:

One Time
Swift
Porter
Brook
Mikey
PED

You can’t say shyt to that resume

he would have basically handled business on “his side of the street” and completed the pbc round robin of their main 4 WWs (porter, Thurman, Garcia, Spence)

Manny is just taking it one fight at a time, and has nothing to prove. For Manny, a fight with a Miley Garcia is most likely the direction he goes in. He doesn’t give a fukk about undisputed.

For Crawford, I just need to see it to actually believe it.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm watching Patrick Teixera right now(trying to figure out who I'm gonna pick out of him and Castano). Already I like the fact he is always moving his feet, and always moving his hands, hard to know where his punches are coming from because he will throw them from any angle, and he has shown the ability to throw decent combinations.

What I instantly see that I don't like is even though he moves his feet, he is always standing straight up and he keeps his hands low, really low. It almost negates his southpaw advantages how low he keeps them, also he doesn't seem to always be fully aware of where he is in the ring, he seems to nearly back himself into the ropes(that will get him slept against someone like Charlo if he don't work on that). Gonna keep watching to see what else I can pick up.

Edit: He throws decent combos, but he sometimes is slow to reset his feet, he can be thrown off balance a lot me thinks if you stay in his chest.

He has good punch selection as well, wide range of punches. He has shown decent ability to counter punch, but doesn't seem to have a lot of power. Pretty good handspeed though to be so long.

He has heart though and a decent chin. But when he actually does bring his guard up it's too far away from his body and too wide.

Fights much better on the backfoot than the frontfoot.

Good gas tank though, always throwing punches, and he is active. Now that his opponent is gassed his posture has changed he is leaning forward instead of straight up, something tells me he keeps his hands low because he don't like it to the body. He does leave his body as a wide target. Stands kind of square.

Oh yeah Teixera is definitely an outfighter. He doesn't really control the tempo of the fight though. Moves with his opponent not the other way around. He wins fights off volume punching and attempting to keep range, he can be walked down though because like I said he is slow planting and resetting his feet when he punches, his feet are quick otherwise.

Physical talents are a 8/10: tall and long with decent handspeed and stamina, but lacks power.

Skills: 7/10 while he throws his punches at odd angles that is more to protect him(lack of power) than mounting truly effective offense. He is decent on the backfoot and showed counter punching skills, but everytime the fight got brought to him he was getting beat and didn't really attempt to press the pace because he can't fight going forward, also his defense is shaky.

Intangibles: Can't put a number on the intangibles, but he has heart I'll tell you that much, plus his chin is decent.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Brian Castano keeps his hands and feet moving as well, but a little more predictably than Teixera, but this aint a bad thing because I feel Teixera is erratic at times. Keeps his guard much higher though. I want to call him a boxer puncher, but a lot of the time he will try to slug with you, short and cagey. Castano made a good move, he allowed his opponent to 'back' him into the ropes and quickly punched out at an angle and turned his opponents back to the ropes. Great boxing move showed decent ring IQ and generalship, Teixera has not shown me that level of quick thinking.

He always changes levels when he comes in, hard to time me thinks, and when he throws he is responsible with his hands, keeps them up.

I can tell you right now just off looking at it, Castano hits MUCH harder than Teixera he also has quicker hands. HUGE length advantage for Teixera though though.

Castano doesn't move his head a lot, but he is great at parry's and blocking his opoonents punches. He uses more upper body movement than head movement.

He can counter punch, and if you hit him with one expect for him to throw back. If nothing else, Castano comes to fight. I can see him having problems with someone who wouldn't immediately back up though, but his opponents respect his power.

I really wish he would attack the body more.

Now he is showing infighting skills which is not suprising given his height and frame. He throws good combinations, and his timing is pretty decent. I can already see from a skill level he is ahead of Teixera, but heay have problems with the length of Teixera even if he is more skilled. Castano has slipped punches and set traps, something I didn't see Teixera doing. Castano will slip a punch and then counter. Teixera will get hit with the punch then counter. I always favor defensive responsibilty mounting offense, over give and take.

Castano doesn't throw as many punches as Teixera. Judges may just see work rate, even though at this point from what I've seen Castano is more skilled. Also Teixera is more experienced with nearly double the amount of fights but that doesn't tell the whole story. Castano has gone 12 rounds twice with both performances being a split decision win and a split draw, Teixera has only gone 12 once and he took a beating in the early rounds, but even in the beating he was still working. Castano gas tank is not as good as Teixera's. Teixera while employing the same gameplan most of the fight, even though he takes punches is always throwing punches, Castano has visibly slowed down. Castano would have to bank early rounds(and I guarantee he will, he closes distance well with his feet), because I can see Teixera taking maybe 3-4 rounds minimum off activity level.

Castano skills are about an 8.5/10, he has decent ring IQ, sets traps, and can counter punch, decent footwork as well. Physical talents are like 6.5-7/10 for his weight class. He hits hard and has good hand speed, but he is boxy and always has to fight coming forward, and his gas tank could be better. He has heart too though, and I don't think Teixera is going to test his durability, but that 11 inch reach advantage on top of the nearly 6 inch height advantage I think could give him trouble. Castano needs to make it a brawl, Teixera needs not to brawl. This is an interesting styles clash, but I'm going to have to lean towards Castano due to the fact that Teixera is defensively irresponsible but this will be a competitive fight. Castano wins probably via split decision or I could even see a draw because it will probably be a tale of two fights(first half one way, second half another way).

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Wonder if ishe Smith will go in on Paulie too
Nah cte got him
kLyQdUD.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Hurd is a big for nothing ass nikka if he let Krillin physically impose on him, he got the frame of a welterweight Hurd could fight at 168 or 175 honestly. You see what happened when Krillin tried to go toe to toe with a big mufukka who actually fights they size.
He hit hard and has a great chin but give up allllllllllllll that height :snoop:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yeah hooker has had trouble making 140...his last fight was at 147

I just find it interesting that both Prograis and Hooker both have expressed interests in wanting rematches to they losses(I personally think Taylor got home country bias, I had Prograis winning either 116-112 or 115-113 he was beating Taylor up if you paid attention outlanded him in 8 rounds and was more accurate, which is why they locked down the fight video so you can't go back to watch it Regis got robbed.), but Josh Taylor and Jose Ramirez both have said when they become undisputed at 140 they will move up to 147...

Here is the thing Prograis is the WBO #5 contender Hooker is the #4 contender. The other three in order are Danny Garcia, Vergil Ortiz Jr., and Mikey Garcia. Danny is Spence WBC mandatory and he is going after that fight, Vergil Ortiz has basically said he isn't ready to jump up to world class comp yet, Mikey and Bob Arum clearly have issues so I highly doubt that is ever gonna happen(since the WBO has the network provision in their regulations).

Hooker was interviewed recently about his fight with Prograis, Bomack, and sparring Crawford. When asked about sparring Crawford, he seemed confident in how he held up with him. Prograis in his last interview kinda went in on Crawford if you watch it, it's on Fighthype. Here is the thing if the #4 and #5 contenders fight each other and the #1-3 aint gonna fight the champ there is no reason that the winner of Prograis/Hooker would not be Crawfords next mandatory... And Hooker is already at Top Rank(easy fight to make), Prograis is Matchroom I believe they work with Top Rank ALL THE TIME, there is no Top Rank vs PBC in this situation. There is no reason that fight couldn't get made so that network provision aint gonna play into it.

Crawford is gonna fight Kell Brook, and then he is gonna fight the winner of Prograis/Hooker as a mando.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Ugas talking shyt.

Thought he won against Porter, don't see him getting spence or manny any time soon tho. PBC has no reason to promote him so makes sense for him to drum up his own name a bit. Running after Danny or Thurman may be more realistic. Maybe even fight one of the up and coming dudes