Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Agree to disagree :unimpressed:
If Mean Machine keep getting his ass whupped in future bouts then I'll change my mind. In the context of when Bud fought him he was a better opponent than alot of them hyped opponents on the PBC side. In one sentence you talking about how MM took Bud life or death for several rounds then in the next acting like MM ain't a quality fighter :hula:.
Collazo, Algeri, Peterson, Lopez etc were all shop worn and/or out of their prime. Not sure how this is even debatable. Fighting "names" right before they essentially retire or are clearly damaged at that point in their career ain't shyt to me :manny:.

Bro Jose Benavidez aint fought since he fought Crawford. Horn is getting KO'd be journeyman. Amir Khan :mjlol:. Mean Machine drew with Ray Robinson? Do you want me to go back to the 135 and 140 days and break down to you how weak this mans comp has been?

Julius Indongo's best win came against a washed up Ricky Burns.

Viktor Postol's was Matthyse who already had 3 Ls at the time, guess who else he also fought and beat...

HANK LUNDY who's career best win was a washed up Demarcus Corley, and Lundy lost to John Molina Jr, Thomas Dulorme, Ray Beltran, and Mauricio Herrera

Thomas Dulorme career best win is, oh shyt what a shock DEMARCUS CORLEY, he drew with Jessie Vargas, and he lost clean to Ugas.

Ray Beltran lost to (starting to notice a pattern here... Don't let me get to the dates on when all this happened you gonna look real bad silly then), hell the man had 6 losses before he ever fought Crawford.

Ricky Burns drew with Beltran, lost to Crawford, Indongo, and Anthony Crolla(:scust:)

Felix Diaz had lost already to Lamont Peterson and had a strugglefest with Adrian Granados... A guy who PBC fighters will clown you if you have a hard fight against.

John Molina Jr... Holy shyt he had 6 losses by the time he fought Crawford, Matthyse and Broner the two big ones.

Dierry Jean had lost to Peterson already and fought to a split draw the one fight he had after he fought Crawford.

Briedis Prescott and Andrey Klimov :mjlol:.

Bro you talk about a round robin of recycled fighters, yet all these guys Crawford beat and won belts on pretty much had not only all fought and lost to each other NUMEROUS TIMES, none these guys EVER beat top competition when they did finally step out they bubble and fought them. I'm not saying PBC doesn't have shop fighters, EVERY PROMOTION DOES, but nobody hypes up these shop fighters as top tier wins like we're supposed to hype up these merry go round nikkas Crawford fought. Stop it bro, get help. This man's whole career is :unimpressed:, and the worst part about it is he didn't even fight most of these guys at the high points of their middling level careers bro.

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mean Machine couldn’t beat Ray Robinson :mjlol: ... a Ray Robinson who was coming off being tko with over a year of inactivity To boot

Nothing can change the fact that Mean Machine is fukkin Trash :umad:

He would be trash opp for all the 147 PBC

If Mean Machine was 135 N fought tank

If Mean Machine was 160 N fought Charlo

If Mean Machine was 168 N fought Plant

If Mean Machine was Heavyweight N fought Wilder...

None of the nikkas :cape: doin mental gymnastics would be here saying Mean Machine is good :camby:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Crawford hasn’t got the best resume, but his opponents get shytted on something ridiculous here, or the wins of his peers getting overrated, the difference ain’t that big. But I’m through with that debate, the one who laughs is the one who laughs last, if Crawford beat these other top 147es then I was right all along, if he fails big time some of the posters here were right, good thing in sports is that we usually find out at the end and these years long debates actually get closed often times.

Unlike let’s say music where you can say xy rapper is trash all day but it never gets proven. Sports aren’t that clear cut either but more so than music debates

this is what made me right about PBC and wilder's skill level

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
bruh you have a little issue with context

Thomas Dulorme career best win is, oh shyt what a shock DEMARCUS CORLEY, he drew with Jessie Vargas, and he lost clean to Ugas.
all 3 of those fighters struggled with dulorme...crawford put him away after he adjusted, vargas should have to lost to dulorme, ugas looked terrible going life and death with dulorme..he barely beat him and prolly didnt

Ray Beltran lost to HANK LUNDY(starting to notice a pattern here... Don't let me get to the dates on when all this happened you gonna look real bad silly then), hell the man had 6 losses before he ever fought Crawford.

beltran beat lundy what is you talking about? :heh:

Felix Diaz had lost already to Lamont Peterson and had a strugglefest with Adrian Granados... A guy who PBC fighters will clown you if you have a hard fight against.

diaz gave peterson (there is a fight thread on this) and granados hell...crawford beat the shyt out of him

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
bruh you have a little issue with context

all 3 of those fighters struggled with dulorme...crawford put him away after he adjusted, vargas should have to lost to dulorme, ugas looked terrible going life and death with dulorme..he barely beat him and prolly didnt

beltran beat lundy what is you talking about? :heh:

diaz gave peterson (there is a fight thread on this) and granados hell...crawford beat the shyt out of him

Alright so what about the rest of the round robin fights he likes to bring up. Here is the thing, Lamont Peterson was on the back half of his career, I don't even give Spence that much credit for beating him you see this the first time I ever brought him up. All I'm saying is this guy tried to say Mean Machine would be a top 5 opp for Spence and Thurman and I had to shut him down. You're better than this Pat don't do this.

Pac couldn't stop Algieri, and Spence beat the piss out of him... See I can do that too.

Edit: you right I recalled that wrong Beltran did beat Lundy by MD.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Alright so what about the rest of the round robin fights he likes to bring up. Here is the thing, Lamont Peterson was on the back half of his career, I don't even give Spence that much credit for beating him you see this the first time I ever brought him up. All I'm saying is this guy tried to say Mean Machine would be a top 5 opp for Spence and Thurman and I had to shut him down. You're better than this Pat don't do this.

Pac couldn't stop Algieri, and Spence beat the piss out of him... See I can do that too.

nah its not defense of crawford..im a notorious stickler for context and detail

and you are right pac couldn't stop algieri..but 6 knockdowns and winning by almost 20 on the scorecards is a good effort; spence stopped algieri kudos to him...algieri is prolly not even a top 15 win for pac, for spence its top 3-5 lol

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All these fighters struggled N went Life N Death with Granados

During the lead up a lot of people thought Granados would be a tough fight for Swift

Swift Proceeds to beat the ever loving shyt out of Granados N the only person to ever stop him

Swift gets absolutely zero credit here for that W

But these same nikkas will Indiana Jones N uncover any info they can find to tell us how great Bud beating Dulorme was :wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Ok now I can't give you a pass here Pat. NOBODY hyped up Wilder as an atg boxer or even a good one he was a KO artist with a larger than life personailty. Nobody ever huped up his competition as world beaters, we all recognize hise career best win is Luis Ortiz who at best is a B+ fighter. PBC is weak at heavyweight, we ALL KNOW THIS. Yet you mean to tell me at 147 the overall PBC stable stacked up next to the Top Rank or Matchroom stable is fukking with it? :heh:

Certain promotions have certain advantages as far as talent at certain weight classes bro, it has ALWAYS been like this bro. Top Rank has 135 and 140 on lock. PBC has 147 and 154 on lock. Matchroom has some decent fghters all over the place but the two divisions they lack in ironically is 147 and 154. Stop singling out PBC like they the only ones who do this.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I've been right about Wilder, too, MANY people got fooled by him, even people who have good knowledge about boxing. People always fall for a puncher it's like a golden rule. Also I think many projected into Wilder what they wanted to happen: a dominant American HW champion, the first since the early late 80s/early 90s. The US is still good in boxing even though the world got bigger and some of the big guys in the US go to other sports now but I have no doubt a dominant American force in HW will appear sooner or later, it's too big of a country with too big of a boxing tradition to not to, it was just never going to be Wilder.

PBC isn't a failure yet imo but they alarmingly live in the past.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
nah its not defense of crawford..im a notorious stickler for context and detail

and you are right pac couldn't stop algieri..but 6 knockdowns and winning by almost 20 on the scorecards is a good effort; spence stopped algieri kudos to him...algieri is prolly not even a top 15 win for pac, for spence its top 3-5 lol

But Spence still stopped him so his performance was more impressive bro. If Crawfords win against Gamboa was more impreasive than Spence's was against Mikey just because Crawford stopped him, even though he NEARLY got KO's in the process while Mikey was damn near shelled up in the fetal position throwing like 5 punches a round, then Pac should of did better.:sas2:

See context.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah I've been right about Wilder, too, MANY people got fooled by him, even people who have good knowledge about boxing. People always fall for a puncher it's like a golden rule. Also I think many projected into Wilder what they wanted to happen: a dominant American HW champion, the first since the early late 80s/early 90s. The US is still good in boxing even though the world got bigger and some of the big guys in the US go to other sports now but I have no doubt a dominant American force in HW will appear sooner or later, it's too big of a country with too big of a boxing tradition to not to, it was just never going to be Wilder.
I'm not sure how far people thought wilder was gonna go. I mean he went pretty far considering his limited skillset tbh and that's impressive. But dude was getting outboxed by guys like gerald washington until that bomb it is not a good style to be on top with

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All these fighters struggled N went Life N Death with Granados

During the lead up a lot of people thought Granados would be a tough fight for Swift

Swift Proceeds to beat the ever loving shyt out of Granados N the only person to ever stop him

Swift gets absolutely zero credit here for that W

But these same nikkas will Indiana Jones N uncover any info they can find to tell us how great Bud beating Dulorme was :wow:

i dont think any really cared about that fight too much...except danny gave a damn on a fight that didnt mean much lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ok now I can't give you a pass here Pat. NOBODY hyped up Wilder as an atg boxer or even a good one he was a KO artist with a larger than life personailty. Nobody ever huped up his competition as world beaters, we all recognize hise career best win is Luis Ortiz who at best is a B+ fighter. PBC is weak at heavyweight, we ALL KNOW THIS. Yet you mean to tell me at 147 the overall PBC stable stacked up next to the Top Rank or Matchroom stable is fukking with it? :heh:

Certain promotions have certain advantages as far as talent at certain weight classes bro, it has ALWAYS been like this bro. Top Rank has 135 and 140 on lock. PBC has 147 and 154 on lock. Matchroom has some decent fghters all over the place but the two divisions they lack in ironically is 147 and 154. Stop singling out PBC like they the only ones who do this.

ive been on haymon's neck since 2014 pre pbc..only a few ppl saw what i was seeing..the rest it took them some years lol..youre a newer poster..youre not fully aware of my history about what ive said about pbc lol