Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I think his performance makes a little bit more sense in retrospect. Most people expected Canelo to impose his size on Mayweather, but we instead got him trying to counter and land body shots on Floyd, which is what we expect from Canelo now. At the time people couldn't understand or fathom Canelo's strategy at all.

He was young, got schooled, and learned from it.:yeshrug:

Maybe an older Canelo gives Floyd a lil more to worry about, but I still think Floyd's style is too much for Canelo to pull off a win. Floyd's movement is too good to get caught in a sustained body attack, unlike Lara, plus his attack is too varied to get timed and caught with anything meaningful by Canelo.

Side note: Everyone says Amir Khan was outboxing Canelo, but he was just capitalizing on his hand speed advantage. Once Canelo got used to the hand speed, he exposed Khan's greatest weakness, his predictability. Floyd knows how to disguise his attack in a multitude of ways, and it's why he had such good performances against Canelo and Marquez.
Think he always loses because you can’t counter puncher with Floyd.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Spoiled by them fighting legit guys instead of GGG-Unot tune ups

PBC is the most competitive promotion in boxing as far as their matchmaking. Nobody gets to coast over there, everyone eventually has to fight. That's why Big Charlo is skipping up to 168, making fights at 160 is too difficult for him cause it's literally two nikkas in the division who don't want to fight him for whatever reason(GGG/Canelo) and Andrade who already has a history of backing out of his big fights costing everyone money.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
PBC is the most competitive promotion in boxing as far as their matchmaking. Nobody gets to coast over there, everyone eventually has to fight. That's why Big Charlo is skipping up to 168, making fights at 160 is too difficult for him cause it's literally two nikkas in the division who don't want to fight him for whatever reason(GGG/Canelo) and Andrade who already has a history of backing out of his big fights costing everyone money.

Nah, they don’t even try to make fights that are not in-house, be real about it.
They rather dragged up 126ers to have them fight Davis instead of working with others and getting him real tests at 130. Now they are about to make Davis vs LSC instead of trying to work with others at 135 and 130. Di Bella got blackballed because he got Wilder to sit down to talk about a DAZN offer, Broner was made to turn down 40 millions from Roc Nation, Quillin was made to vacate his belt and refuse a career high payday because of Haymon’s beef with Roc Nation. That’s just the top off my hat.

Only big fight I can think of where they finally worked together with another big promotion in a fight that was not a mandatory was Fury vs Wilder 2 recently. I hope it starts a trend and they will at least be able to work together with Top Rank from now on if they already can’t work with Matchroom/GBP cause rather opting to constantly shift your fighters divisions in order to make in-house fights before working with others is a sad sight and doesn’t promite confidence either. It makes them look like they’d be scared to lose to others.

Not saying they are alone in this but this trend has to stop. Promoters have to stop obsessing about in-house fights to this extent.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
What do you expect from us though? “Who’s the harder puncher” is not something you can prove scientofically
I expect a rundown of what triple ggg has done contrasted to what Charlo has done, in a way that removes nearly all doubt about his superior punching power, in comparison .
II haven't read anything like that and can't think of anything myself, that separates them either

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Nah, they don’t even try to make fights that are not in-house, be real about it.
They rather dragged up 126ers to have them fight Davis instead of working with others and getting him real tests at 130. Now they are about to make Davis vs LSC instead of trying to work with others at 135 and 130. Di Bella got blackballed because he got Wilder to sit down to talk about a DAZN offer, Broner was made to turn down 40 millions from Roc Nation, Quillin was made to vacate his belt and refuse a career high payday because of Haymon’s beef with Roc Nation. That’s just the top off my hat.

Only big fight I can think of where they finally worked together with another big promotion in a fight that was not a mandatory was Fury vs Wilder 2 recently. I hope it starts a trend and they will at least be able to work together with Top Rank from now on if they already can’t work with Matchroom/GBP cause rather opting to constantly shift your fighters divisions in order to make in-house fights before working with others is a sad sight and doesn’t promite confidence either. It makes them look like they’d be scared to lose to others.

Not saying they are alone in this but this trend has to stop. Promoters have to stop obsessing about in-house fights to this extent.

You're right PBC does a lot of in house fights, but I can't say I 100% agree with that. I don't believe Golden Boy sent Charlo a $10 million offer(has anyone with PBC besides Pac made that type of money for one fight), or that Arum sent Danny a respectable offer to fight Crawford, but then offers a guy who Danny knocked out when he was actually relevent to anything more money. Watch Davis fights Leo Santa Cruz then end up fighting Haney or the Hand Speed God because nobody from Top Rank or Golden Boy will fight him(Loma, Lopez, R. Garcia).

They don't want to work with the PBC, and Top Rank(also Golden Boy since De La Hoya is Arum's boy) have been notorious for in house fights since before Floyd started lacing them up. Compare the in house fights at other promotions to PBC, when is the last time you watched a card on ESPN where you truly saw some 50-50 fights, a fight where you truly don't know who is gonna win, It rarely ever happens bro.

Edit: and I forgot about LSC he is like Big Charlo not bring challenged, but I never thought much of LSC anyway, Tank gonna smash him... Gary Russel Jr will smash him too.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

How you feel about what Sergio said? In retrospect there is an argument that GGG ducked Mora.

:heh: what argument? an interview from 2015? id like to know when mora, a mora who had 2 losses to brian vera by then, was in line to face any middleweight champion in 2015 much less GGG? :heh:

cuz it sure as hell wasn't discussed on here in any fashion :heh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Mannn I hope Hooker/Prograis happens soon after the ‘Roni shyt settles. Two guys coming off their first L and both knowing one more Loss is detrimental this day and age.. I think Regis would win but it was still an interesting matchup and he FOTY potential.
Early '21 we can hope

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I must’ve missed all these awesome co promotional fights GB TR N DAZN is putting out :wow:

DAZN can’t even make the fights with they own camp :sadcam:

Bro them nikkas be putting on some TRASH ass fights, yet nikkas put the microscope on PBC who has constantly put on good competitive fights. I aint even acting like all the PBC nikkas is unbeatable, hell I'm a huge Spence fan and I can tell you he can be beat.

Loma vs Rigondeux(Rigo never fought at the weight they fought at) = trash, hell most of Loma's fights have been complete mismatches.
Canelo vs Kovalev = why and what the fukk for when he aint even cleared out the division he was fighting in.
Crawford vs Mean Machine(:mjlol:
:snoop:)
Hell Top Rank only signed Fury because they saw a quick payday out of him with the Wilder fight, they didn't build him up, now watch Fury and Joshua happen 3 years from now whem nobody gives a fukk anymore cause Arum has his hands on it. :stopitslime:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:heh: what argument? an interview from 2015? id like to know when mora, a mora who had 2 losses to brian vera by then, was in line to face any middleweight champion in 2015 much less GGG? :heh:

cuz it sure as hell wasn't discussed on here in any fashion :heh:

I think it has more to do with when GGG was a prosepct(think 2010-11) and GGG should have fought Mora as a step up fight and GGG didn't fight him. At least that's the gist of what I'm getting...

Mora is trash by the way, but I don't think highly of GGG so take my word with a grain of salt. :hubie:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think it has more to do with when GGG was a prosepct(think 2010-11) and GGG should have fought Mora as a step up fight and GGG didn't fight him. At least that's the gist of what I'm getting...

Mora is trash by the way, but I don't think highly of GGG so take my word with a grain of salt. :hubie:

my nikka how many sergio mora fights have you watched? :heh: GGG wasnt even fighting in america at the time but Mora sure as hell was

upload_2020-4-29_20-14-22.png

context bruh :dead: