Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
147, 154, and 168 all have very inviting fight possibilities.

And all the fights can get made easily.
Past couple years , it prolly is the most unpredictable Division.

Skills wise in regard to top Guys... it may not be the best... but the element of surprise alone makes it one of the more interesting divisions most definitely.

154 isn't any more or less skilled than most other divisions. How many elite divisions are there in boxing truly? 147? 135? 140 is by far the most top heavy division and has been for a while(and honestly Taylor and Ramirez aint world beaters themselves, they are good but not great). If you want to go below 135 sure some of those divisions are deep but past 135 there aint a lot of super cold divisions like that. 135 and 147 are pretty much it. 168 could another one if they get the ball rolling. 175 I'd put on the same level as 154 bro, and don't get me started with cruiserweight right now(:mjlol:).

160 gets bogged down so much because of Canelo I hate to say it, if he didn't fight in that division I think a bunch of fights the fights we wanted would have been made by now. I don't blame Canelo for that, he has put in the work to have a profile somewhat bigger than the sport, but to be realistic he is the cause of it, I aint ever gonna hate a man getting money to feed his family though so I hope he rides the train until the wheels fall off.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Floyd even said canelo hit him with some shyt he felt for months after. He may not have touched him clean to the head but he was putting leather to his body. He still got wrecked though.

But that will go down as Floyd's GOAT performance to me. At a time when everybody was calling him boring he went in there and transformed back into pretty boy Floyd. You could tell he wanted to send a message that night. That fight let me know Floyd still coulda been out there getting knockouts if he really wanted to. That performance legit left me speechless. He never looked as good after even if he was still the best in the world. But that night in particular he just looked like the perfect fighter. That was some Kobe scoring 81 level of greatness. Dude went into a Zen state.

It's a W that has aged so well for Floyd. Canelo was green but he was still a beast. Seeing Canelo getting toyed with by Floyd despite having the size advantage is incredible. Master of boxing to pull something like that off.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Court Rules That The NSAC Can Proceed Against Chavez Jr
By Thomas Hauser

Published On Wed Apr 29, 2020, 04:48 PM EDT

Last year, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr was slated to fight Danny Jacobs at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on December 20. But on October 24, Chavez refused to provide a urine sample to the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), which had been asked by the Nevada State Athletic Commission to test both Chavez and Jacobs for illegal performance enhancing drugs.

On October 30, the NSAC placed Chavez on temporary suspension pending the result of a November 20 commission meeting. On November 20, by unanimous vote of the commission, the temporary suspension was extended until resolution of a disciplinary action that had been brought by the commission against Chavez for his failure to submit to the test. Promoter Eddie Hearn then moved the Jacobs-Chavez fight card from Las Vegas to Phoenix.

Thereafter, Chavez filed a civil action in the Eighth Judicial District Court in Nevada seeking to stop the NSAC from proceeding with any disciplinary action against him. On December 17, 2019, the Court granted Chavez’s request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) that prevented the NSAC from proceeding with such action.

julio-cesar-chavez-jr.jpg

On January 15, 2020, the NSAC filed a Motion to Dissolve the TRO. In response, Chavez filed a countermotion seeking to have the TRO changed to a preliminary injunction. On March 5, 2020, the NSAC filed a Motion to Dismiss Chavez's case in its entirety.

Legal argument on the motions was heard by the Honorable Jim Crockett via conference call on Tuesday, April 28. The NSAC was represented by Senior Deputy Attorney General Edward Magaw. Chavez was represented by Ross Goodman. At the close of argument, Judge Crockett granted the NSAC’s Motion to Dissolve the TRO as well as its Motion to Dismiss the case and denied Chavez’s Countermotion.

In doing so, the Court ruled that the NSAC had jurisdiction over Chavez to request the drug test and to proceed with disciplinary action against him after his refusal to submit to the test. A written court order is expected within two weeks.

This frees the NSAC to pursue disciplinary action against Chavez and bolsters the commission's recent efforts to combat the use of illegal performance enhancing drugs in boxing.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ive said it before and ill say it again..aint nothing elite about 147 as a whole

above 135 - its 154 and 175...140 is actually not a bad division and rebuilt itself a lot faster than expected

the rest have their issues including 135

I can agree with this mostly. I just see people trash 154, yet 154 always has good competitive matchups and people take that for them being weak, when in reality 154 is full of A- to B+ level fighters level fighters who constantly have to fight A- to B+ because there is that much talent in the division.

140 has gotten better over the past few years since it's dark age, but it is still just as top heavy as 147 and 135 if we being honest.

And when I say 'elite' division I mean a division that truly commands a lot of attention because of the star power there. 154, 168, and 175 are the deepest most talented divisions with the most competitive matchups to be made, but there isn't a single true star in those divisions, just some really good fighters.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
if jermell knows whats good for him, he pushes for that rosario unification ASAP and not fukk around

rosario's number 1 contenders can both beat him

View attachment 28456
do that and wait to see if castano can actually bring the wbo belt into the pbc 154 mix from teixeira

Look at this list you just posted bro, that contender list would be a GAUNTLET to try to run through, not to mention Rosario still gotta deal with little Charlo too. That division is stacked and constantly puts on good fights.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can agree with this mostly. I just see people trash 154, yet 154 always has good competitive matchups and people take that for them being weak, when in reality 154 is full of A- to B+ level fighters level fighters who constantly have to fight A- to B+ because there is that much talent in the division.

140 has gotten better over the past few years since it's dark age, but it is still just as top heavy as 147 and 135 if we being honest.

And when I say 'elite' division I mean a division that truly commands a lot of attention because of the star power there. 154, 168, and 175 are the deepest most talented divisions with the most competitive matchups to be made, but there isn't a single true star in those divisions, just some really good fighters.

what you think about 140 is what i think about 168 i think its top heavy and not necessarily the best fights are being made among its champions

wholly agree about 154 with..its a model division..154 is a rarity because it has so many fighters that in prime from top to bottom..and it has got older fighters like trout or lara out of the paint..like how a division is suppose to move..not even sub 135 divisions have this type of activity..and the fights that need to get made to keep it moving are made...prior to the pandemic cancelling ,a rare PBC/Golden Boy fight for the WBO 154 title was made where the PBC fighter was going to go on DAZN to attempt to get it...meanwhile at 147 we have wrong side of the street arguments :unimpressed: among other nonsense

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Look at this list you just posted bro, that contender list would be a GAUNTLET to try to run through, not to mention Rosario still gotta deal with little Charlo too. That division is stacked and constantly puts on good fights.

shyt i might as post all 4

upload_2020-4-29_17-15-23.png

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
what you think about 140 is what i think about 168 i think its top heavy and not necessarily the best fights are being made among its champions

wholly agree about 154 with..its a model division..154 is a rarity because it has so many fighters that in prime from top to bottom..and it has got older fighters like trout or lara out of the paint..like how a division is suppose to move..not even sub 135 divisions have this type of activity..and the fights that need to get made to keep it moving are made...prior to the pandemic cancelling ,a rare PBC/Golden Boy fight for the WBO 154 title was made where the PBC fighter was going to go on DAZN to attempt to get it...meanwhile at 147 we have wrong side of the street arguments :unimpressed: among other nonsense

I can put 168 and 140 on the same leve. Most of elite fighters I see at 140 are just using that as a pit stop before they move up to 147 which is why I don't think highly of it. It's obvious Taylor, Ramirez, Prograis, and Hooker are all gonna move up to 147 as soon as Spence moves up to 154 and Crawford hits the old dusty trail in a year or two... And the 'top dog' at 140(Josh Taylor) is an obvious weight bully with a limited skillset.