Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Thay would be a dope ass fight and as you said easy money to make...

Which means they’re gonna milk the shyt until one of them catches an L and the luster is lost as usual :francis:

When has PBC done that though? PBC has given us more prime vs prime fights the past few years than almost anyone. Thurman vs Garcia, Thurman vs Porter, Thurman-Guerrero, Spence vs Porter, Charlo-Harrison, Krillin-Hurd, Krillin-Rosario, Porter-Ugas, Porter-Garcia, Spence-Mikey, Mikey-Easter. PBC divisions look weaker than they are because their top fighters actually make fights with each other, and they actually get challenged.

As much potential I think he has, Big Charlo is about the only one in PBC who you can say isn't challenging himself, whether it's his fault or not is up to your interpretation.

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
When has PBC done that though? PBC has given us more prime vs prime fights the past few years than almost anyone. Thurman vs Garcia, Thurman vs Porter, Spence vs Porter, Charlo-Harrison, Krillin-Hurd, Krillin-Rosario, Porter-Ugas, Porter-Garcia, Spence-Garcia. PBC divisions look weaker than they are because their top fighters actually make fights with each other.
Yeah you right ....I’m usually Pro PBC , I was just thinking of Little Charlo/Hurd ...which seems like they were tryna make a PPV and obviously that was spoiled.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
my eyes too...and its not like i dont think charlo can't punch..dude is an above average puncher

him punching the title off K9 is one of my favorite lowkey KO's..served K9 right for daring to regain a belt he had no business fighting for :ufdup::francis: and was in the house when he basically ended j rock's night with that counter uppercut

but GGG knockouts are just something else

charlo himself is not stupid..everytime ive heard that nikka talk about GGG and fighting him, he talks about him with respect...not like he does with any other middle including canelo

i dont even have issue with ppl thinking charlo will beat GGG now or anything like that..but a power comparison..nah

I think Charlo's power is considerably close to GGG, but I feel like the difference in there punching is GGG's punches seem more destructive, but I think that's due to being heavier handed. Plus his pressure style breaks you down more than Jermall who kinda places his shots more and takes a lil while to get going.

1-10 Scale if GGG power is a 9, Jermall power is like an 8 or 8.5. GGG definitely gets more out of his power tho.

Even though I feel like Mall is a threat to Canelo. His defense would have to greatly improve cuz he gets hit too much. If Trout can take 5 rounds from him, I'm sure Canelo can do the same and let plot armor handle the rest. Korobov put serious hands on him. Krillin was neck and neck with him until the dragon punch. Even Hogan got some good shots off before he got stopped. Its just that Charlo conditioning allows him to fight through it. Canelo will definitely have to work for that one.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think Charlo's power is considerably close to GGG, but I feel like the difference in there punching is GGG's punches seem more destructive, but I think that's due to being heavier handed. Plus his pressure style breaks you down more than Jermall who kinda places his shots more and takes a lil while to get going.

1-10 Scale if GGG power is a 9, Jermall power is like an 8 or 8.5. GGG definitely gets more out of his power tho.

Even though I feel like Mall is a threat to Canelo. His defense would have to greatly improve cuz he gets hit too much. If Trout can take 5 rounds from him, I'm sure Canelo can do the same and let plot armor handle the rest. Korobov put serious hands on him. Krillin was neck and neck with him until the dragon punch. Even Hogan got some good shots off before he got stopped. Its just that Charlo conditioning allows him to fight through it. Canelo will definitely have to work for that one.
I'd say GGG is a 10 tbh. He can hurt you with just about any punch in the book. Hell he even dropped a dude with a jab. Also got bodyshots that hurt and he has a weird technique with punching that requires a lot of forearm strength. Plus he's hurt everyone he's been in there with

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Man :francis:
I still wanna see em run the fade:francis:
Hurd gonna move up?

Don't be surprised if they fight soon after quarantine passes. Given that we are losing like nearly a whole year of boxing, expect for ALL these promoters to speed up the process with top level fights... the only promotional outfit that I think will play hardball is Top Rank because that's their MO.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oscar said Charlo got offered a big sum for a canelo fight. Rumored to be around 10 mil. And Charlo never refuted it. All he says is "talk to Al".....I don't see how you can defend Charlo at this point. People call out Crawford for fighting weak opposition but Charlo is even worse. Dude hasn't done anything to make outrageous demands against canelo.

On top of that, canelo took 5 million to fight Floyd. Think about that. Floyd prolly made close to 200 mil for that fight. So canelo basically took a 2.5% split just for a shot at greatness. He got his ass beat but the decision still paid off. Dude became a superstar after that. Cause even though he got fukked up he still fought his heart out.

If canelo can accept 5 mil to fight Floyd with way more money in the pot then there's no reason Charlo can't accept 10 mil. I shyt on little g a lot but there's no way I can take Charlo over him after Charlo got his ears boxed off by korobov. He even had trouble with a flabby and sick Austin trout. Dude looks like a deer in headlights when anybody gives him good movement and counter punching. And canelo is the best in the game at both. Charlo will look like everybody else when they fight canelo. Hesitant and unsure of himself. Everybody's workrate drops off when they fight canelo cause one mistake can get em knocked out. Nobody in the game is rushing canelo. And Charlo will be no different. It would be a good scrap but I think canelo is a bad style matchup for charlo. As far as pure skill, Charlo isn't even top 5 canelo has faced.

At this point charlo is just all talk until he fights one legit top level guy.

First of all you really goin quote Oscar about an offer he “made”:martin:

fishnets never said 10 million... he danced around the number N said it was a “very lucrative” offer N a team member not al not Charlo turned it down :hhh:

Muhfukker playing hardball with erry opp since the Dazn deal... pinching erry god damn penny he got but goin offer Charlo 10 milly right off the bat :duck:

You stan Canelo fine breh we all stan...but get all the way thee fukk outta here acting like Oscar is truthful in anyway...especially when it comes to a PBC N the accept my offer in 14 hrs or you never get a fight with Canelo ever :stopitslime:

Canelo was guaranteed 5 milly for Floyd he made a shytload more than that... you already kno that :gucci:

Charlo needs to fight someone... he’s on his Bud shyt .... but chill with the fake news N twisting numbers like that :camby:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

fishnets never said 10 million... he danced around the number N said it was a “very lucrative” offer N a team member not al not Charlo turned it down :hhh:

Muhfukker playing hardball with erry opp since the Dazn deal... pinching erry god damn penny he got but goin offer Charlo 10 milly right off the bat :duck:

You stan Canelo fine breh we all stan...but get all the way thee fukk outta here acting like Oscar is truthful in anyway...especially when it comes to a PBC N the accept my offer in 14 hrs or you never get a fight with Canelo ever :stopitslime:

Canelo was guaranteed 5 milly for Floyd he made a shytload more than that... you already kno that :gucci:

Charlo needs to fight someone... he’s on his Bud shyt .... but chill with the fake news N twisting numbers like that :camby:

Yeah bro that's why I aint respond to all that part, I don't believe for one second Oscar offered Big Charlo 10 mil and Al Haymon turned that down. Haymon's BIGGEST stars don't make that much money(Spence is PBC biggest homegrown star and he aint even seeing $10 mil in one fight), and Charlo isn't a real cash cow for him to protect him like that. If Oscar would have offered $10mil to Charlo that contract would have been signed and notarized within 30 minutes.

Not to mention Nelo dropped the belt to not have to defend it against Charlo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'd say GGG is a 10 tbh. He can hurt you with just about any punch in the book. Hell he even dropped a dude with a jab. Also got bodyshots that hurt and he has a weird technique with punching that requires a lot of forearm strength. Plus he's hurt everyone he's been in there with

i also agree...I think GGG is an elite puncher...even at 38 and him sliding

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Of course, I feel like he a 10 too, but for objectivity's sake I said a 9.

If I would have said a 10 off rip, somebody would have prolly quoted me and said, but damn, that means Shavers, Tyson, Hagler, etc... must be like 12 or something. :mjlol:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah bro that's why I aint respond to all that part, I don't believe for one second Oscar offered Big Charlo 10 mil and Al Haymon turned that down. Haymon's BIGGEST stars don't make that much money(Spence is PBC biggest homegrown star and he aint even seeing $10 mil in one fight), and Charlo isn't a real cash cow for him to protect him like that. If Oscar would have offered $10mil to Charlo that contract would have been signed and notarized within 30 minutes.

Not to mention Nelo dropped the belt to not have to defend it against Charlo.

Charlo would’ve accepted that shyt to rub it in Jacobs face N been on IG live saying so before the ink dried :russ:

It ain’t hard to figure out when Oscar is lying ... dumb ass smile...vague answers...zero specifics ... nikka be on his Trump shyt :snoop:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Of course, I feel like he a 10 too, but for objectivity's sake I said a 9.

If I would have said a 10 off rip, somebody would have prolly quoted me and said, but damn, that means Shavers, Tyson, Hagler, etc... must be like 12 or something. :mjlol:
Lol on the scale though he gotta be up there. Just a diff type of puncher. One can criticize other attributes but that power is no joke. Doesn't mean it's the end all be all but that shyt makes elite dudes gameplan around it. shyt even fury when he put that beatdown on wilder made sure smother dude and even when wilder landed he rolled with it or it was over extended.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

My main point was that Charlo never refuted it. Oscar is a clown but Charlo is never one to bite his tongue. But when it came to that situation all he kept saying was "talk to Al".....That doesn't sound like somebody who really wants it like that. That was the perfect opportunity for charlo to clap back and call golden boy out. He always has canelo's name in his mouth but then gets squirmy when they finally acknowledge him. How you a lion but can't speak for yourself. Same shyt when Danny approached him backstage. Dude was talking crazy in private but when Danny rolled up on him he got timid real quick. I'm just not taking dude serious until he fights somebody really legit. Doesnt even have to be canelo. Even somebody like saunders or Jacobs. As of now dude doesn't have a single victory over a legit top level guy.

And even if it was 12. That's still a percentage split well under 10%. Canelo at that point was a far bigger star than Charlo right now, which is the main reason Floyd even fought him. If Eddie hearn offered him 7 million for Andrade I'm sure any canelo offer was much better. We gotta call a spade a spade. If the shoe was on the other foot and canelo was on some "talk to Oscar" shyt any time he got offered a huge fight he would be getting crucified. At certain points in his career canelo had to step in and force Oscar to make fights happen. The Lara and trout fights were not in their plans. That was all canelo. None of these guys wanna make any type of sacrifice to make the fights happen. They seem perfectly fine with fighting tomato cans and holding onto their aura of invincibility:hubie: