Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don't see it breh. Why is that? Cause he's taller and has longer arms? So did Fielding, so did Jacobs, so did Kovalev, so did Chavez...
Charlo is a boxer-puncher who falls toward the puncher end of the scale even though he's skilled and has a good jab. He's good at exchanges but Canelo is possibly the best at that in the sport right now... In defense Canelo is leaps and bounds ahead and he is more versatile than Charlo too. Charlo might throw more leather, ok, but it's not like he'd be some relentless volme puncher either. He also isn't some stick and mover who gonna dance rings around Canelo, beating him on points. Jacobs is a better "boxer" than him and Canelo just beat him on points without controversy not long ago.
And this is maybe only my thing, idk but I think both the Charlos make the mistake of attacking too linear, almost falling in with punches sometimes, I can see Canelo having a great time countering those attempts.

The Charlo twins are like the noble medieval knights of boxing with all pros and cons of that. Tough, arrogant, aggressive, flashy, like exchanges, not tactical but skilled, like to charge, let their emotions flow in battle. :pachaha:

Good entertaining fighters, I like to watch them fight, I just don't see them beating Canelo. :hubie:
I give a good shot to Jermall to beat this version of GGG though.

Like I said, that stamina will come into play with Charlo bro, and Canelo's stamina issues are still there, it didn't show against Kovalev because he was barely throwing any punches. Jacobs is a highly innactive fighter, Charlo is not. Like I said see the GGG fights, Canelo will not be able to throw enough punches to pull away from Charlo, and at this point in they career, Charlo would be like fighting GGG on steroids... Not to mention Charlo hits harder than GGG. Like I said I see what you are saying, but I also see the inevitable happening against Charlo.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Charlo in his next 3 fights IN ORDER fight Andrade, Benavidez, and then Caleb Plant(more than likey Charlo WILL fight the latter two since they are stablemates), and it will tell us a lot about him, because I know Canelo won't fight him because for Nelo that is a very high risk, low reward fight.

Edit: Jermall Charlo would blast GGG ass bro. GGG really don't want that smoke.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Like I said, that stamina will come into play with Charlo bro, and Canelo's stamina issues are still there, it didn't show against Kovalev because he was barely throwing any punches. Jacobs is a highly innactive fighter, Charlo is not. Like I said see the GGG fights, Canelo will not be able to throw enough punches to pull away from Charlo, and at this point in they career, Charlo would be like fighting GGG on steroids... Not to mention Charlo hits harder than GGG. Like I said I see what you are saying, but I also see the inevitable happening against Charlo.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Charlo in his next 3 fights IN ORDER fight Andrade, Benavidez, and then Caleb Plant(more than likey Charlo WILL fight the latter two since they are stablemates), and it will tell us a lot about him, because I know Canelo won't fight him because for Nelo that is a very high risk, low reward fight.

Edit: Jermall Charlo would blast GGG ass bro. GGG really don't want that smoke.

As were Jacobs, Lara and Trout.

I also don't agree Charlo being GGG on steroids and he doesn't punch stronger. I see you like him a lot, that's okay but I don't think he's elite, he's "just" very good. He struggled hard with Korobov. Not to say that makes him bad or anything, Korobov is a pretty good fighter but it wasn't the expected performance from him, if he'd be elite he'd solved that more convincing. Hell Uzcategui KOd him a few years earlier. He was down on the cards when he did it but he still did it.

I guess this gonna be a thing we disagree on but w/e, I'd like to see Canelo vs Charlo sometimes, don't think we will though. I can see Charlo beating Benavidez out of the guys you mentioned, undecided on Jacobs vs Charlo, probably would lean toward the Jacobs who fought GGG and Canelo but last time he looked worse against Chavez, he might be on the slide now. Plant imo is all wrong for him and would beat him. A good out-boxer who's also bigger than him... Bad news for Charlo.