Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You went up there from Namibia to train? :ehh: Didn't even know that.
Yeah EE/CA countries they still use the Soviet system but there are variant, like you see a certain approach Loma and his Ukrainian mates take, you see a different approach with the Kazakh guys and then there are the up and coming Uzbek guys who all share a very similar style.
Many of the best Russians are minorities in their country as well. Beterbiev (Chechen), Rakhimov (Tajik), Bivol (Moldovan + Korean, born in Kyrgizstan). But there are slavic Russians as well like Povetkin or Kovalev.
The Chehens and other mountain folks in the Caucasus are super focused on combat sports
Went with rugby club team for tournament there. We were shooting the shyt there cos a breh studied there. You right about minority. I think the Klitschko Bros were from Kyrgizstan or were stationed there. A lot of the dudes there are into combat sports. School got em hell unis got em too in the programs with the world uni games etc.
Hooligans make sure to train that shyt. I shyt you not you know how it is with em there set up to fight rival clubs but them dudes be training in a gym like erday:mjlit:
Even a random street fight you see there you end up finding out atleast one of em got hands :mjlol:

Hell even Putin is like a black belt in judo not surprising considering his background:lolbron:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Boxing might be making a comeback nowadays though. Like compared to 5-6 years ago.
If I know it right the UFC is in a pretty bad shape too

Boxing is starting to make a comeback, it's only so long the US is gonna allow a sport we used to dominate at an amatuer and pro level before that 'manifest destiny' comes into play and cacs over here want to 'take it back'. America only turns out good pro fighters, amatuers have changed so much most of our fighters skip it all together and just turn pro(money is a huge reason for this also).

Trust me on this one, expect the PBC to push the shyt out of Caleb Plant here soon after boxing starts back again... All white america needs is a white face to get behind... Even if that white face grew up around black people and is married to a black woman.

The axe murderer

Daps
Boxing is starting to make a comeback, it's only so long the US is gonna allow a sport we used to dominate at an amatuer and pro level before that 'manifest destiny' comes into play and cacs over here want to 'take it back'.

Trust me on this one, expect the PBC to push the shyt out of Caleb Plant here soon after boxing starts back again... All white america needs is a white face to get behind... Even if that white face grew up around black people and is married to a black woman.
Back in the day when it was white dudes in America that were on the elite level it seemed like a lot of em were from Italian and Jewish backgrounds. Should be more southern boys like the ones that get into NFL but idk about that

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Back in the day when it was white dudes in America that were on the elite level it seemed like a lot of em were from Italian and Jewish backgrounds. Should be more southern boys like the ones that get into NFL but idk about that

They still white though bro. Another reason American heavyweight boxing sucks now is because of the NFL(and to a lesser extent the NBA) takes all the best big men athletes away from potentially boxing, even though the risks of head injuries and CTE is probably worse in the NFL than boxing, NFL players can potentially make more money, but compared to boxing it's actually a real long shot.

The axe murderer

Daps
They still white though bro. Another reason American heavyweight boxing sucks now is because of the NFL(and to a lesser extent the NBA) takes all the best big men athletes away from potentially boxing, even though the risks of head injuries and CTE is probably worse in the NFL than boxing, NFL players can potentially make more money, but compared to boxing it's actually a real long shot.
Yeah imagine a jj watt or a Vernon was introduced to a boxing gym before and there was a solid amateur program. :francis:
plus football talent pool is huge. There are tons of athletic monsters who just can't cut it for one reason or another:francis:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boxing might be making a comeback nowadays though. Like compared to 5-6 years ago.
If I know it right the UFC is in a pretty bad shape too

I agree, that is an outdated take on it.

boxing has made a huge comeback. ESPN and FOX coverage literally did not exist to the level it has the last year and a half.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
And as far as the UFC goes, it's in trouble because the product is fukking trash. Champions and contenders come and go too fast and there are no personalities besides McGregor and (formerly) Rousey, who ironically are the two biggest MMA fighter ever because they let them have a personality. Also they never do crossover shows with other promotions(probably cause from what I heard some of them Bellator fighters would give UFC fighters the business).

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

its really the same risks for head injuries....boxing maybe more because you can potentially die in a fight, the nfl to my knowledge has like one instance of player dying on the field during a game and it wasnt because of a head injury...but the NFL compensates you better for the risks than boxing

The axe murderer

Daps
I agree, that is an outdated take on it.

boxing has made a huge comeback. ESPN and FOX coverage literally did not exist to the level it has the last year and a half.
All I know is boxing made a huge surge in the UK. Guys with crossover appeal, solid amateur program etc

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
its really the same risks for head injuries....boxing maybe more because you can potentially die in a fight, the nfl to my knowledge has like one instance of player dying on the field during a game and it wasnt because of a head injury...but the NFL compensates you better for the risks than boxing

Yeah, but in the NFL you have far more risks for paralysis and long term head trauma. I'm not saying taking punches to the head is good for your health, but being a 6'+ grown ass man who also weighs 200+ running full speed head first into another 6'+ grown man who is also 200+ running at full speed is TERRIBLE for your body. And the average NFL player has 3 year career and after taxes they making what a regular 6 figure cat makes... For just 3 years the compensation at those ranks isn't that much better.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah, but in the NFL you have far more risks for paralysis and long term head trauma. I'm not saying taking punches to the head is good for your health, but being a 6'+ grown ass man who also weighs 200+ running full speed head first into another 6'+ grown man who is also 200+ running at full speed is TERRIBLE for your body. And the average NFL player has 3 year career and after taxes they making what a regular 6 figure cat makes... For just 3 years the compensation at those ranks isn't that much better.

blunt force trauma is blunt force trauma...it really makes no difference..one bad hit can cripple or kill you in football or one bad punch in boxing can have you a vegetable if not dead..they are both physically damaging sports in nature...every athlete body is also different with how it handles trauma..the only difference in the sport is CTE/physical damage in football is more in the spotlight than boxing because football is a far more popular sport...if a movie was ever done similar to concussion but about boxing guarantee more things in boxing would be under a microscope