Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
If people are calling Pac washed up and that he should retire then that was Arums job as a promoter to change those views and make better fights..

Like I said people were saying he should retire based off his performances against lower tier opponents, the Mayweather fight gave his career a shot in the arm cause his numbers were already falling off before then and he was still fighting "names" at that point. The excitement was gone based off his performance in the ring
Hard to take alot of commentary seriously cause the narrative on Manny late career pretty much flipped when he switched promotions and ppl who were hating on him the past decade suddenly started liking him again :francis:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
@reservoirdogs a reason a ton of these eastern European cats hit hard part genetics and technique but they also were pioneers in strength training and a ton of plyometrics in sports. They cross trained in other sports a ton and produced well rounded athletes. The opening of the Soviet Union split these countries up so now you see more representatives in Olympics etc from these whereas before you had 1 each weight class. So the talent pool is larger now and now you have guys from Uzbekistan Kazakhstan Ukraine etc coming into the game. But they kept those methods as well. shyt ask Roy Jones who is there they have interesting methodology :jbhmm:

Makes sense because for a long time following strength sports like powerlifting Olympic lifting etc a lot of EE dudes dominated.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
@reservoirdogs a reason a ton of these eastern European cats hit hard part genetics and technique but they also were pioneers in strength training and a ton of plyometrics in sports. They cross trained in other sports a ton and produced well rounded athletes. The opening of the Soviet Union split these countries up so now you see more representatives in Olympics etc from these whereas before you had 1 each weight class. So the talent pool is larger now and now you have guys from Uzbekistan Kazakhstan Ukraine etc coming into the game. But they kept those methods as well. shyt ask Roy Jones who is there they have interesting methodology :jbhmm:

Makes sense because for a long time following strength sports like powerlifting Olympic lifting etc a lot of EE dudes dominated.
Yeah I know they have a good, unified system. I'M a bit skeptic about S&C but these EE countries have a working system

The axe murderer

Daps
Yeah I know they have a good, unified system. I'M a bit skeptic about S&C but these EE countries have a working system
Oh yeah always gotta be skeptical bout it. Plus boxing is unique in that punching power is hard to explain even mechanically. EE dudes got the juice when it comes to combat sports. They run wrestling now and do well in others. When I was in Russia guys I used to hang with showed me some of the drills. The gyms were old school just free weights rusty floors etc but you knew you were gonna put in work :wow:
We was training in the snow too. Real shyt:wow:
Cool cats but they don't play around. Some chechens there too

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Not to mention they have government funded boxing training programs unlike in America where you gonna have to come out your pocket

The axe murderer

Daps
Not to mention they have government funded boxing training programs unlike in America where you gonna have to come out your pocket
I heard USA used to have way more gyms on the blocks but a lot of em got closed down and more of em privatising. People had to pay more etc. So you gotta drive a while before you find a gym whereas before it was one at the community center.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I heard USA used to have way more gyms on the blocks but a lot of em got closed down and more of em privatising. People had to pay more etc. So you gotta drive a while before you find a gym whereas before it was one at the community center.

It is, USA has MMA gyms galore now(mainly in the burbs), but boxing gyms are few and far between. It's sad how the US has turned it's back on boxing because of greed and racist cacs.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It is, USA has MMA gyms galore now(mainly in the burbs), but boxing gyms are few and far between. It's sad how the US has turned it's back on boxing because of greed and racist cacs.
Boxing might be making a comeback nowadays though. Like compared to 5-6 years ago.
If I know it right the UFC is in a pretty bad shape too

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Oh yeah always gotta be skeptical bout it. Plus boxing is unique in that punching power is hard to explain even mechanically. EE dudes got the juice when it comes to combat sports. They run wrestling now and do well in others. When I was in Russia guys I used to hang with showed me some of the drills. The gyms were old school just free weights rusty floors etc but you knew you were gonna put in work :wow:
We was training in the snow too. Real shyt:wow:
Cool cats but they don't play around. Some chechens there too
You went up there from Namibia to train? :ehh: Didn't even know that.
Yeah EE/CA countries they still use the Soviet system but there are variant, like you see a certain approach Loma and his Ukrainian mates take, you see a different approach with the Kazakh guys and then there are the up and coming Uzbek guys who all share a very similar style.
Many of the best Russians are minorities in their country as well. Beterbiev (Chechen), Rakhimov (Tajik), Bivol (Moldovan + Korean, born in Kyrgizstan). But there are slavic Russians as well like Povetkin or Kovalev.
The Chehens and other mountain folks in the Caucasus are super focused on combat sports

The axe murderer

Daps
Imagine some sports even have those expensive workshops etc.v:wow:
It's gonna be more MMA gyms around though most of the best come from collegiate wrestlers