Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
GGG Is pretty washed.

How he looked in that That arguable gift he got in the Derevyanchenko fight ...even how he was getting tagged by the Bill Bellamy looking Jobber Rolls motherfukker before he stopped him was alarming.

GGG always got tagged bro, it's just after stepping up his comp it is more obvious to you now because he aint fighting guys who will roll over and die.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Molina: We Knew It Was Either Kill Or Be Killed Against Matthysse
By Keith Idec

Published On Fri Apr 24, 2020, 02:49 PM EDT

Lucas Matthysse was the only opponent who made John Molina Jr. swallow blood.

The nerve damage Molina suffered in his left eye during their brutal battle also is the reason why Molina wears glasses. As if that’s not bad enough, Molina had 17 staples placed in the left side of his head to a close a nasty gash he suffered in a vicious slugfest he lost by 11th-round knockout in April 2014 at StubHub Center in Carson, California.

“We knew it was either kill or be killed, especially with my style and Matthysse’s style,” Molina told BoxingScene.com. “And we knew there was a chance that we may not walk out of there.”

matthysse-molina-1.jpg

Two days short of the six-year anniversary of their ferocious fight, Showtime will air it again Friday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The network also will replay Molina’s 10th-round knockout of Mickey Bey immediately after its encore of Matthysse-Molina, the Boxing Writers Association of America’s “Fight of the Year” for 2014.

“Although I lost,” Molina said, “it was really a win because after that fight my career really sky-rocketed and I became more of a household name.”

An extremely tough Molina, who was a big underdog, dropped the hard-hitting Matthysse in the second and fifth rounds. Matthysse withstood those knockdowns, as well as a cut over his left eye, and came back to drop Molina in the eighth, 10th and 11th rounds. Referee Pat Russell stopped their junior welterweight fight 22 seconds into the 11th round, as soon as Molina hit the canvas for the third time from Matthysse’s right hand.

“It was my first fight under the Al Haymon banner, which was a big deal,” Molina said. “So, I kind of wanted to prove my point and show the world that I belonged. We got into that fight, and I remember in the first round hurting him with a right hand. I said, ‘Wait a minute! He’s not a machine. He’s human.’ I buckled him. And then in the second round I dropped him. It was actually the right hand I hit him with that hurt him. And then the little, looper shot dropped him.

“But I thought Matthysse was such a veteran at that time that he was playing possum, so that I would go in and he would try and knock me out. So, I took my foot off the gas pedal a little bit. And he definitely took advantage of that.”

The 37-year-old Molina (30-9, 24 KOs), of Covina, California, retired right after an eighth-round knockout loss to Josesito Lopez on September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Not boxing but it always impresses me how these thai guys fight. They start slow and then they ramp the speed up and suddenly they are on you like white on rice. They never stop coming forward:wow:
You start noticing the kicks become harder :wow:
Your legs become weaker:wow:
And as a result your arsenal becomes weaker:wow:
And when they don't respect your power in the later they give you free shots to the dome and they eat that shyt:wow:
They tell you to give em more. shyt is psychological as much as it is physical:wow:
You could see that boy wanted to get out of there but thai guy looked like he was just getting started:mjlit:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Brehs what y’all think about the fantasy fights Ward vs Calzaghe and GGG vs Toney. The votes over there at BLH had it Calzaghe and GGG winning...I think that just cac bias or it just me.

Ward super 6 win > Calzaghe whole career..

SOG by UD. He was very good (like Hopkins) in shutting down fighters offensively & taking away their best weapons. And SOG would rough him up on the inside

Toney by nasty KO; especially at MW. He's an ATG fighter that would take GGG's right hand away & be nailing him with his counter right. If you're a come forward aggressive fighter going at JT he'll carve you up

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Brehs what y’all think about the fantasy fights Ward vs Calzaghe and GGG vs Toney. The votes over there at BLH had it Calzaghe and GGG winning...I think that just cac bias or it just me.

SOG UD. Tony in a war.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Calzaghe over Ward? :gucci:

GGG beating Toney? :hhh:

Bad Left Hook oughta be ashamed of themselves.:snoop: