Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Casimero is way too easy to hit for that, his chin won't hold up to clear Inoue bombs. Inoue has the skill, speed and power advantages and he's not lacking heart and chin either. Hard to beat those odds for Casimero

Inoue is easy to hit too, he took way too many shots from Donaire bruh. Idk I think Casimero is gonna give him a much tougher fight than we think. If I had to bet I'd still pick Monster, but I'm not overly confident in it.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Who specifically bruh? Who is overrated? And who from another promotion is hands down better?

I personally think the entire division is overrated. Spence, Bud, Thurman, Porter, Garcia.. But the problem I have with PBC welters is at some point someone decided that the PBC welterweights is all elite and then they bought into their own hype.. None of these guys have any career defining wins.. All they have in common is struggling against Shawn Porter's bum ass.. At the least with Bud he is in his 3rd division and cleared out his 1st two divisions for the most part becoming the clear best at 135 and 40.. Nobody is the best between all the sides of the street at 147 until the champions fight each other.. We dont need a round robin tournament. The champions need to fight each other now.. im not interested in all this stalling and the champions fighting guys coming off losses instead of unifying..

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I personally think the entire division is overrated. Spence, Bud, Thurman, Porter, Garcia.. But the problem I have with PBC welters is at some point someone decided that the PBC welterweights is all elite and then they bought into their own hype.. None of these guys have any career defining wins.. All they have in common is struggling against Shawn Porter's bum ass.. At the least with Bud he is in his 3rd division and cleared out his 1st two divisions for the most part becoming the clear best at 135 and 40.. Nobody is the best between all the sides of the street until the champions fight each other.. We dont need a round robin tournament. The champions need to fight each other, im not interested in the champions fighting guys coming off losses instead of unifying..

Well then why is ya boy Pac trying to fight Mikey Garcia and not Spence or Crawford next? Don't just put it on the PBC guys bruh, or do we need to bring up all them catchweights and vacant belts Pac fought for in all 8 of them divisions, a lot of that while he was still with TR... :sas2:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Well then why is ya boy Pac trying to fight Mikey Garcia and not Spence or Crawford next? Don't just put it on the PBC guys bruh, or do we need to bring up all them catchweights and vacant belts Pac fought for in all 8 of them divisions, a lot of that while he was still with TR... :sas2:

You can bring up any catchweight and vacant belt you want...Pac is a 41 year old senator that does boxing on the side fresh off whooping that flute playing fukkboy everyone hyped up for years. Pac put in the work so I wouldn't care if he fought Charlie Zelenoff next then retired, cause if that happend I would bet 3 paychecks that the rest of them PBC nikkas would go after Pac's vacant belt before unifying with Crawford..

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Funny you mention 2012 cause thats the last time Danny Garcia beat a champion worth mentioning 8 damn years ago :scusthov:.. He aint beat shyt at 147 for the 5+ years he been there

You cant pick n choose when to use ppvs to support your argument.. Khan got more ppvs than Spence, Thurman, and Garcia combined, so lets roll with that :jawalrus: Now you can explain why Danny Garcia "deserves" more since ppvs and ppv numbers seem to be the end all be all to your arguments.. Tell us more about wins from 8 years ago with nikkas with ZERO ppvs and zero belts

You’re better than this shyt :russ:

Troll correctly or don’t waste my time

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You can bring up any catchweight and vacant belt you want...Pac is a 41 year old senator that does boxing on the side fresh off whooping that flute playing fukkboy everyone hyped up for years. Pac put in the work so I wouldn't care if he fought Charlie Zelenoff next then retired, cause if that happend I would bet 3 paychecks that the rest of them PBC nikkas would go after Pac's vacant belt before unifying with Crawford..
I hope pac goes out on top but he probably feels this generation of welters mostly SAWFT:francis:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Idk if 147 is overrated, maybe, depends by whom, I think it might not be THE strongest division as far as the top 10 goes but it's still strong and it's arguably the best if we are only looking at the top 5. 2 fighters out of the top 5 are cemented P4P and one of them (Pac) is on-off depending if you prefer him to be on the list or other possible nominees (Beterbiev, Taylor, Tanaka, Fury...)

Best in this context = best quality of the amalgamation of fighters consisting the top 5s and top 10s not the quality of fights or the frequency of the top guys fighting each other.
If I'm looking by that criteria 147 is still good but let's say 154 is better.

Came to my mind because of this convo... what yall thnik would happen if the top 6-7 147ers went up to 154. Who out of Spence, Bud, Pac, Porter, Thurman, Swift, Ugas could get a belt at 154 by today's standing? Surely some of them would be a clear favorite over Rosado or Teixeira. Who beats Charlo out of them?

And similarly what would happen if Prograis, Taylor and Ramirez went up to 147 from 140, which top 7 guys could they defeat and could they get a belt by today's standing?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Ok that's cool, just keep that same energy with all them nikkas at 160-168 chasing Canelo instead of fighting each other. :ufdup:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:mjgrin: Your boy Swift is just an "opponent" nothing more, nothing less :umad:

Swift is just an opponent then why you crying bout his moves breh :russ:

Let the opponent fight Spence then let the opponent wait N see bout pac

Ok same as Amir Khan so pay Swift what Amir Khan got N you got a fight :manny:

I mean when was Amir Khans last Win :pachaha:... you wanna talk bout Swift so let’s talk Khan since he was so much more deserving :sas1:

I’m sure Swift can do them great ppv numbers like Bud v Khan did soooooo what’s really the hold up friend :jbhmm:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Ok that's cool, just keep that same energy with all them nikkas at 160-168 chasing Canelo instead of fighting each other. :ufdup:
Oh I do.. And am on record doing so.. Im pissed at all them dudes and all the money these idiots left on the table.. all the classic trilogies we coulda had especially at 154 cause these dudes all wanted to wait on Canelo instead of facing each other.. Andrade and the Charlos being the main culprits..
Its 2020 and after all these years we finally got a potential Lara vs Charlo fight. Im pissed even thinking about how much time these dudes wasted.. all these nikkas bout to be in their mid 30s. It took Jared Hurd to come in and shake up a whole division... Canelo done left 160 and Charlo and Andrade still begging.. Sgit is embarrassing and pathetic

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Idk if 147 is overrated, maybe, depends by whom, I think it might not be THE strongest division as far as the top 10 goes but it's still strong and it's arguably the best if we are only looking at the top 5. 2 fighters out of the top 5 are cemented P4P and one of them (Pac) is on-off depending if you prefer him to be on the list or other possible nominees (Beterbiev, Taylor, Tanaka, Fury...)

Best in this context = best quality of the amalgamation of fighters consisting the top 5s and top 10s not the quality of fights or the frequency of the top guys fighting each other.
If I'm looking by that criteria 147 is still good but let's say 154 is better.

Came to my mind because of this convo... what yall thnik would happen if the top 6-7 147ers went up to 154. Who out of Spence, Bud, Pac, Porter, Thurman, Swift, Ugas could get a belt at 154 by today's standing? Surely some of them would be a clear favorite over Rosado or Teixeira. Who beats Charlo out of them?

And similarly what would happen if Prograis, Taylor and Ramirez went up to 147 from 140, which top 7 guys could they defeat and could they get a belt by today's standing?

Only 147 fighter I see having any type of success at 154 is Spence, the rest are too small.

140 coming up to 147 though there are a lot of great fights that can be made between those two weight classes. Spence vs Taylor, or Crawford vs Ramirez, or vice versa. Prograis and Hooker could move up and fight Manny, Keith, Danny, Porter, or Mikey all would be great fights.

Not to mention Gary A Russel, Vergil Ortiz, and Jaron Ennis all in the cut coming up. These two divisions should run boxing... Such disappointment so far though.

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
honestly this corona shyt was a godsend to monster...without id be like you with saying upset alert

but i think now monster will get the kind of recovery time needed to at least be optimal for the fight when it comes off
You REALLY was :lupe: following that Donaire fight aa far as him being "rushed" back in there.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ive said it before and ill say it again..147 hasn't been shyt for a while...as a marquee division it pretty much died with pac vs floyd

the division had one good year since then and went right back to mediocrity..its barely a top 5 division