Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I agree but he was well out of his prime by the time he took that first real L. That move down from HW :mjcry:

But historically to me Roy is better & has a legit W over Hopkins & not the BS fight they shouldn't have had. I don't think Hopkins beat anyone better than JT either & I don't think Hopkins could beat JT either

curious who do you think is bhop's best win?

im thinking either tito or tarver

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
My sis and I was just talking about how much his channel has fallen off the last few years. Ego use to feed us a variety of boxing topics/content, but dude ia jaded now. shyt is sad to see. Same with 78sports

He hasn't been the same since he had some kind of falling out with Troy King

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Same thing bro & Tito is the better win to me

WW, JMW, & MW champ/terror on a historic run. Undefeated & in his prime

agreed and i like bhop a lot...always have...but some ppl just dont have the proper perspective of him.

i do believe though had him and roy faced off in 2002 when they were both in prime form and bhop beat that version instead of the one in 2010..it would have been a boost in his legacy

my god that rematch was so bad :hhh:..roy was too shot to do anything and bhop gassed out for some odd reason and he had to go the hospital afterwards

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
facts...and ive broken down bhop's career plenty of times..esp when i make comparisons from his career to a certain gawd of an alphabet letter tripled...hopkins was prolly the best middleweight of the latter half of the 90s and a beast in his own right but until tito/oscar moved up and don king order the tournament he wasnt making a lot of noise...doesnt mean i didnt seem him as a great in the making...he luckily got a chance to solidify himself as an ATG MW that since tito and oscar didnt give him the run around to make the fights

bhop going up to 175 and doing what he did is greatness and thats what solidified him as an ATG

prime Zab and prime Floyd were of the same ilk to me except one could focus and was defensively responsible and the other one couldnt but both were slower than prime Roy :heh:..prime Zab though came back down to earth before Roy fell off lol

Yup, Hops damn near has 2 careers so his L's and struggles are spaced out whereas Roy gave you perfection for a long stretch before falling off and taking most of his L's. It looks worst cuz they all bunched up on that part of the timeline but it is what it is.

Both Floyd and Zab were slower than prime Roy, but I feel like Zab was closer to him than Floyd was in that department. Floyd timing always impressed me more than his speed.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
curious who do you think is bhop's best win?

im thinking either tito or tarver

Roy moved up and took Toney's p4p number one spot when he beat him. Even paused his whole career until 2003 :hhh:

Hops beat a Tito that moved up and still only managed to be the 2nd best fighter in the world. :francis:

Like I said, levels to this shyt. :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yes WAS. And if he's biased toward pbc, good.
The mainstream, cacs and c00ns are against pbc.
It's good real ones like the ldbc and new media riding for Em.
We got sites like boxing scene nor ESPN who won't even mention the glove cheat shyt UNLESS it's someone opposing it. That's bias.
Same mf's had all the time in the world for wilder's suit conversations.
Being biased is not something that's either good or bad depending the context. Its meaning contains it being bad. It offers a distorted take on a topic.

Defending bias via pointing the fingers at others with different biases is just whataboutism

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Every trainer would :mjtf: you if you tried what jones was doing. Takes something special to do that shyt
When he put his hands behind his back for 10 seconds during a fight...dodged the dudes punches then knocked him down with one punch

smh unreal

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
My sis and I was just talking about how much his channel has fallen off the last few years. Ego use to feed us a variety of boxing topics/content, but dude ia jaded now. shyt is sad to see. Same with 78sports
I saw he had made a glovegate video and was like :dahell:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
When he put his hands behind his back for 10 seconds during a fight...dodged the dudes punches then knocked him down with one punch

smh unreal
Not just Dodge but knocked him out. Just lmfao how demoralising is that. You put in work for hours in the gym and you get toyed with.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Being biased is not something that's either good or bad depending the context. Its meaning contains it being bad. It offers a distorted take on a topic.

Defending bias via pointing the fingers at others with different biases is just whataboutism
Whataboutism is when people over look blatant cheating and talk about things that don't dispel the cheating AT ALL.
AND you and others are very comfortable with Whataboutism, historically.
Ego tells the truth in the video i posted and instead of addressing that truth you go into the same whataboutism that you're trying to speak out against.
Here's more truth from New media