Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

roy prolly should get the nod....because he accomplished more in his prime than b hop did

he's a middleweight champ who won a piece of the heavyweight title and winning 168 and 175 belts along the way

on top of that roy beat the best version of bhop with one hand..pretty easily

if it wasn't for bhop accomplishing what he did after he unified all 4 middleweight titles, it wouldnt be close

i wasnt a roy stan but id be lying if i didnt think he was the most talented fighter ive seen in the last 25 years or so outside of sweet pea

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This hit me hard when Danny Garcia fought Redcac in January.

Everyone except for Choc and Skip was upset when Danny entered the ring after Spence beat Porter.

Then Spence gets into the accident, had to pull out from the fight, and we got stuck with that shytty fight vs. Redcac.

I shouldn't have been so ungrateful. :mjcry:

nah you shouldnt have to accept no spence vs danny garcia fight...i still go :camby:

im more upset at the fact we were nearing getting some interesting fights coming up before the corona shyt

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don't worry brehs this is a good time to get into older boxing fights that you haven't seen yet or you just want to rewatch as many of you do already. Boxing will continue to thrive after this shyt ends. I mean if we can call it thriving... but there's definitely a feeling that boxing got more popular in these last 3 years or so

thats what ive been doing

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

giphy.gif

the only thing we know is deontay wilder is a technical mess and a one trick pony..but if your 3rd eye has been open (like mine always is) that bit of info comes as no surprise :youngsabo:

the unknown is can wilder come back...is he working on his fundamentals or did he shake up his camp..we will have to wait and see

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Controversial

this shyt pissed me off so much..the ref was on the take...bruh really stopped the count to tell andrade who was in the corner to stay there..and count on the outside was off too...bute was saved from a KO

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ego is not ldbc. I don't blame him for rocking with pbc on ppv, they've fed us so well on free TV, it's only right to reciprocate the love.
Shout out to dazn though. It was a great idea
Was? Early to write them off imo, they got some deep pockets behind them. We will see what comes after the pandemic.

I know dude is not part of the LDBC but he's running with similar bias toward the PBC world

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Was? Early to write them off imo, they got some deep pockets behind them. We will see what comes after the pandemic.

I know dude is not part of the LDBC but he's running with similar bias toward the PBC world

My sis and I was just talking about how much his channel has fallen off the last few years. Ego use to feed us a variety of boxing topics/content, but dude ia jaded now. shyt is sad to see. Same with 78sports

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
My sis and I was just talking about how much his channel has fallen off the last few years. Ego use to feed us a variety of boxing topics/content, but dude ia jaded now. shyt is sad to see. Same with 78sports
It’s what happens when you start getting money you start to play toward your fan base

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
How did Ego fall off?
What would you consider the model channel?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
roy prolly should get the nod....because he accomplished more in his prime than b hop did

he's a middleweight champ who won a piece of the heavyweight title and winning 168 and 175 belts along the way

on top of that roy beat the best version of bhop with one hand..pretty easily

if it wasn't for bhop accomplishing what he did after he unified all 4 middleweight titles, it wouldnt be close

i wasnt a roy stan but id be lying if i didnt think he was the most talented fighter ive seen in the last 25 years or so outside of sweet pea

The Florida nikka inside me says....

Roy DEFINITELY ranks higher all time than Hopkins. :stopitslime::hhh:
nikkas will bring up longevity for Hopkins, but act like Roy wasn't dominant as fukk for 10 years. Them nikkas just spent their primes differently. One nikka was forced to run it back with Mercado while the other one was smacking up James Toney. Levels to this shyt. The guy that reached ATG status level first was bound to fall off before the guy who reached it a lot later. :manny:

agreed on Roy and Sweet Pea being the most pure talented nikkas in the last 25 years.

Prime Zab comes close though. When that nikka was focused chinks in his armor an all (ex. Millet fight:mjlol:) dude looked amazing. That speed and power was something else. Dude was throwing hard shots while turning the opposite direction to move away.:ohlawd:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

Yes WAS. And if he's biased toward pbc, good.
The mainstream, cacs and c00ns are against pbc.
It's good real ones like the ldbc and new media riding for Em.
We got sites like boxing scene nor ESPN who won't even mention the glove cheat shyt UNLESS it's someone opposing it. That's bias.
Same mf's had all the time in the world for wilder's suit conversations.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I got jones but man were his losses bad :snoop:

I agree but he was well out of his prime by the time he took that first real L. That move down from HW :mjcry:

But historically to me Roy is better & has a legit W over Hopkins & not the BS fight they shouldn't have had. I don't think Hopkins beat anyone better than JT either & I don't think Hopkins could beat JT either

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Florida nikka inside me says....

Roy DEFINITELY ranks higher all time than Hopkins. :stopitslime::hhh:
nikkas will bring up longevity for Hopkins, but act like Roy wasn't dominant as fukk for 10 years. Them nikkas just spent their primes differently. One nikka was forced to run it back with Mercado while the other one was smacking up James Toney. Levels to this shyt. The guy that reached ATG status level first was bound to fall off before the guy who reached it a lot later. :manny:

agreed on Roy and Sweet Pea being the most pure talented nikkas in the last 25 years.

Prime Zab comes close though. When that nikka was focused chinks in his armor an all (ex. Millet fight:mjlol:) dude looked amazing. That speed and power was something else. Dude was throwing hard shots while turning the opposite direction to move away.:ohlawd:

facts...and ive broken down bhop's career plenty of times..esp when i make comparisons from his career to a certain gawd of an alphabet letter tripled...hopkins was prolly the best middleweight of the latter half of the 90s and a beast in his own right but until tito/oscar moved up and don king order the tournament he wasnt making a lot of noise...doesnt mean i didnt seem him as a great in the making...he luckily got a chance to solidify himself as an ATG MW that since tito and oscar didnt give him the run around to make the fights

bhop going up to 175 and doing what he did is greatness and thats what solidified him as an ATG

prime Zab and prime Floyd were of the same ilk to me except one could focus and was defensively responsible and the other one couldnt but both were slower than prime Roy :heh:..prime Zab though came back down to earth before Roy fell off lol