Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It's gotta be Jones for mine.

I respect the hell outta B Hop discipline and ring savvy etc.

But Jones is one of a handful of fighters to genuinely have weapons that nobody else had, has or has had since.
Hopkins is better. Roy is greatly gifted but after Tarver 2,he couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again. Meaning he never won a meaningful fight after that.
Meanwhile hopkins got his run ended by Taylor, came back beat Tarver (when no one thought he could.
Lost to Calzaghe, came back beat Pavlik when many thought he would lose.

Then beat Roy and Pascal.

Lost to Chad Dawson then beat cloud when he was undefeated and whipping ass.

Roy has been done since Tarver 2.
Hopkins is better.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Hopkins is better. Roy is greatly gifted but after Tarver 2,he couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again. Meaning he never won a meaningful fight after that.
Meanwhile hopkins got his run ended by Taylor, came back beat Tarver (when no one thought he could.
Lost to Calzaghe, came back beat Pavlik when many thought he would lose.

Then beat Roy and Pascal.

Lost to Chad Dawson then beat cloud when he was undefeated and whipping ass.

Roy has been done since Tarver 2.
Hopkins is better.

That lead left hook though, i ain't ever seen anything like that.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You know the world's at a stand still when muthafukkers in here debating fights from the 1920's:pachaha:.....back when boxers used to fight in their work clothes:deadmanny:

You can tell the fighters are bored too cause now they're snapping at eachother on twitter :mjlol:

The end of this year coulda been lit too :francis:........we're always in here complaining about certain fights not getting made and the boxing gods said ok, how bout you get no fights :mjgrin:

You really don't know what you have until it's gone :mjcry:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You know the world's at a stand still when muthafukkers in here debating fights from the 1920's:pachaha:.....back when boxers used to fight in their work clothes:deadmanny:

You can tell the fighters are bored too cause now they're snapping at eachother on twitter :mjlol:

The end of this year coulda been lit too :francis:........we're always in here complaining about certain fights not getting made and the boxing gods said ok, how bout you get no fights :mjgrin:

Imagine how it is for mma fans right now. Fergueson vs Khabib cancelled again. The 5th fukking time :picard:
1st time khabib had a rib injury :unimpressed:
2nd time fergueson had fluids in his lungs :unimpressed:
3rd time Khabib cut weight then fukked up his kidneys CUTTING WEIGHT:unimpressed:
4th time Fergueson fukked up his knee:unimpressed:
5th time Coronavirus epidermic :unimpressed:

I've never seen anything like it :mjtf:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

giphy.gif

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

This hit me hard when Danny Garcia fought Redcac in January.

Everyone except for Choc and Skip was upset when Danny entered the ring after Spence beat Porter.

Then Spence gets into the accident, had to pull out from the fight, and we got stuck with that shytty fight vs. Redcac.

I shouldn't have been so ungrateful. :mjcry:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Don't worry brehs this is a good time to get into older boxing fights that you haven't seen yet or you just want to rewatch as many of you do already. Boxing will continue to thrive after this shyt ends. I mean if we can call it thriving... but there's definitely a feeling that boxing got more popular in these last 3 years or so

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Always a good look when the video maker names his video referring to himself in third person

Did he also make a video called "Ego proven wrong, Deontay Wilder got stopped by Tyson Fury!" :heh:

I swear these LDBC and co. dude are something else. Constantly attacking DAZN over their prices and other shyt while they are happy to pay for 5 PBC PPVs a year for like 400 something dollars if u summarize it:pachaha:
Oh and I guess we wouldn't have to search for long to find videos from a few years back when he was championing free boxing and was shytting on PPVs. Now he doesn't have problem with PPVs I guess.
Idk if these dudes are getting paid for this or they are just like this :ld:

EDIT: here you go, lol

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Always a good look when the video maker names his video referring to himself in third person

Did he also make a video called "Ego proven wrong, Deontay Wilder got stopped by Tyson Fury!" :heh:

I swear these LDBC and co. dude are something else. Constantly attacking DAZN over their prices and other shyt while they are happy to pay for 5 PBC PPVs a year for like 400 something dollars if u summarize it:pachaha:
Oh and I guess we wouldn't have to search for long to find videos from a few years back when he was championing free boxing and was shytting on PPVs. Now he doesn't have problem with PPVs I guess.
Idk if these dudes are getting paid for this or they are just like this :ld:

EDIT: here you go, lol

Ego is not ldbc. I don't blame him for rocking with pbc on ppv, they've fed us so well on free TV, it's only right to reciprocate the love.
Shout out to dazn though. It was a great idea

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hearn: Fury-Joshua Possible if Wilder Takes Step-Aside Deal
By Boxing Clever

Published On Thu Apr 2, 2020, 03:46 PM EDT

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, would still love to finalize a deal for a unification with WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury for the fall.

Hearn had targeted that contest for the month of December, but that plan was seriously affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Joshua is slated to face his mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev, on June 20. The fight is likely getting pushed back to July 25th, or even later.

anthony-joshua%20(14)_11.jpg

Fury was heading to a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder for July 18th. That fight has now been postponed until October.

If Joshua goes forward with Pulev in July, Hearn says a Fury fight is still possible for a fall date - but that can only be possible if Wilder takes a step aside deal.

"We've got June 20 as a pencilled date for Anthony Joshua. We will make a statement potentially this week, or maybe early next week, that's likely to be delayed. I think that's pretty straightforward and obvious. Hopefully until the end of July," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"But if it starts kicking on beyond that, then you get to a situation where if Joshua is only going to box once this year, he would very much like that to be against Tyson Fury. The situation is a little bit out of our hands in that, if Bob Arum and Al Haymon can talk and make Deontay Wilder wait a little bit, we would absolutely love to go into that fight next.

"I think a lot of it depends on Deontay Wilder. If he's willing to take that step-aside money. That's a conversation to be had with Bob Arum and Al Haymon to see if that's even possible. If it was possible and there was a way to make Kubrat Pulev wait, which I think is probably an easier job, then for sure, I think Anthony Joshua would be extremely interested in moving straight into the Tyson Fury fight. I think in an ideal world, we have that fight next.

"It's always been the case, but if we can fight Kubrat Pulev in July, we'd love to fight Tyson Fury in November, December. At the same time, I think there's so much uncertainty at the moment, this is the kind of situation that might make people say - 'I think now is the time.'