Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bad Left Hook March Mania: Semifinal results, stage one

A voting tournament in all weight classes, they are in the semis now

Some of these I disagreed with

I went with
Fury, AJ
Beterbiev, Gvozdyk
Charlo, Andrade

Spence, Crawford
Loma, Haney
Warrington, Stevenson
Inoue, Oubaali
Tanaka, Mthalane
Menayothin, Knockout CP Freshmart

bold ones are the ones I went with but the majority didn't pick them

In some cases it's rather about the voters liking fighter A more than fighter B. Like there's no way the gap between Golovkin and Charlo would be that big in the bookies even if Goovkin would be favored. I think Charlo would beat him at this point. Also Andrade is disliked by many but I think he would beat Derevyanchenko via a competitive but clear decision.

I feel like Gozdyk is a bit more versatile and punches harder than Bivol, harder to get a read on so I picked him.

Teofimo is more proven than Haney atp but I maintain that Haney is better and I think Lopez's style isn't working against him either.

Similarly, GRJ is a lot more proven than Stevenson but I have a feeling that Stevenson could outbox him from range taking advantage of his better footspeed and easily longer reach.

Mthalane wouldn't be the favorite against Martinez but he is a battle-hardened veteran and I feel he's just more composed in the pocket than Martinez. It's a toss-up though.

Bad Left Hook March Mania: Semifinal voting, stage two
this is the other stage with the other divisions

Briedis, Dorticos
Smith, Canelo
Charlo, Rosario
Taylor, Prograis
Berchelt, LSC
Roman, Navarrete
Estrada, King Sor
Shiro, Canizales

are my picks

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
+68 edge in power shots landed goin get you that W more times than not :youngsabo:

zBmhQceGOYhvf0MsgaJLzKjpM-e6wISQ5jXe1kvFvVE.jpg

Be content with being the spoiler instead of winning the fight brehs :heh:

Undefeated against Mexicans :banderas:
9816076C-D2E4-4631-9357-1C41FBFBF439.gif

#swiftset :umad:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All to get sacrificed to Vergil Ortiz as an offering to the boxing gods

Herrera fukked himself with bad career choices

Granados turned a W over Imam N very close fight with AB into fights with ... Porter, Swift, Fortuna N Easter

Herrera turned a close fight with Swift Into fights with Benavidez, Lundy, Frankie Gomez, Soto Karass

:hhh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Herrera fukked himself with bad career choices

Granados turned a W over Imam N very close fight with AB into fights with ... Porter, Swift, Fortuna N Easter

Herrera turned a close fight with Swift Into fights with Benavidez, Lundy, Frankie Gomez, Soto Karass

:hhh:
He arguably got the w over benevidez too

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Thing that worries me about usyk is he already had like 5 trainers in his short pro career

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
How are things in Jax bro? I’m in the Sunshine State by my parents now trying to wait this out working from home

Man it's pretty mild here as far as cases of the virus is concerned but the city is still a damn near ghost time out there for the most part. When i had to go to the grocery store, shyt was a ghost town. This weather been a sauna tho :damn:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Some of these I disagreed with

I went with
Fury, AJ
Beterbiev, Gvozdyk
Charlo, Andrade

Spence, Crawford
Loma, Haney
Warrington, Stevenson
Inoue, Oubaali
Tanaka, Mthalane
Menayothin, Knockout CP Freshmart

bold ones are the ones I went with but the majority didn't pick them

In some cases it's rather about the voters liking fighter A more than fighter B. Like there's no way the gap between Golovkin and Charlo would be that big in the bookies even if Goovkin would be favored. I think Charlo would beat him at this point. Also Andrade is disliked by many but I think he would beat Derevyanchenko via a competitive but clear decision.

I feel like Gozdyk is a bit more versatile and punches harder than Bivol, harder to get a read on so I picked him.

Teofimo is more proven than Haney atp but I maintain that Haney is better and I think Lopez's style isn't working against him either.

Similarly, GRJ is a lot more proven than Stevenson but I have a feeling that Stevenson could outbox him from range taking advantage of his better footspeed and easily longer reach

Its a lot of racial bias over on that site. They hate outgoing black people. Plus they think GGG is a god.

Its been an interesting read but the racial bias is oozing all thru that shyt.

Obviously you a euro so u won’t be able to pick it up but as black man that shyt plain as day.

So while Ishe on his only blacks folks are racist in boxing..that shyt it laughable. We got to deal with white bias so much in boxing...

End rant

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Its a lot of racial bias over on that site. They hate outgoing black people. Plus they think GGG is a god.

Its been an interesting read but the racial bias is oozing all thru that shyt.

Obviously you a euro so u won’t be able to pick it up but as black man that shyt plain as day.

So while Ishe on his only blacks folks are racist in boxing..that shyt it laughable. We got to deal with white bias so much in boxing...

End rant
I know what you are talking about as far as their community goes
Didn't really catch bias from their regular writers though, they seem rational

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Man it's pretty mild here as far as cases of the virus is concerned but the city is still a damn near ghost time out there for the most part. When i had to go to the grocery store, shyt was a ghost town. This weather been a sauna tho :damn:

I called Wicked Barley & you can pickup beer or growlers there. The sitting area's shutdown

If it's mild in Jax I might do a beer run up there lol

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I called Wicked Barley & you can pickup beer or growlers there. The sitting area's shutdown

If it's mild in Jax I might do a beer run up there lol

Yea man i think ima hit up Reve or Beer:30 soon cause it's been a few days since i had a beer and a loooong while since I've had a damn good Stout. Been itchin for one :noah: