Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps

Part 2

This is where it all began for me. :wow: My love and passion for this sport started this night and hasn't left me since. I was 15 years old, bored as hell, just moved into a new apartment with Mom and my sister. ain't shyt on TV so i'm channel surfing and then i just happen to turn on Showtime. It's was round 4 when i tuned in so i didn't even see all of the fight at first. Fight instantly drew me in, i was rooting for Corrales because while the fight was punch for punch it still felt like he was the underdog. Round 10 was a roller coaster for me, i went from :lupe::snoop::mjcry: to :whoo::damn::mjlit:. Jose Luis Castillo a warrior and so was Diego Corrales RIP.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Part 2

This is where it all began for me. :wow: My love and passion for this sport started this night and hasn't left me since. I was 15 years old, bored as hell, just moved into a new apartment with Mom and my sister. ain't shyt on TV so i'm channel surfing and then i just happen to turn on Showtime. It's was round 4 when i tuned in so i didn't even see all of the fight at first. Fight instantly drew me in, i was rooting for Corrales because while the fight was punch for punch it still felt like he was the underdog. Round 10 was a roller coaster for me, i went from :lupe::snoop::mjcry: to :whoo::damn::mjlit:. Jose Luis Castillo a warrior and so was Diego Corrales RIP.

yessir..its funny how JLC is known for the fights he lost more than he won in the big picture of things

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Mauricio Sulaiman gives update on WBC champions’ status, Charlo-Lara unification possible
No champion currently has a defense scheduled

By Patrick L. Stumberg Mar 24, 2020, 3:48pm EDTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
1041919656.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by STR/NurPhoto via Getty Images
With boxing fans starved for content, WBC head honcho Mauricio Sulaiman took to Facebook Live to give updates on its various champions’ whereabouts, including some interesting new information. Working our way up the weight classes:

• Minimumweight champ Wanheng Menayothin was supposed to defend against Marco John Rementizo on April 25th. That’s now canceled.
  • Light flyweight champ Ken Shiro and flyweight champ Julio Cesar Martinez do not have defenses planned. Shiro has not fought since a December stoppage of Randy Petalcorin and Martinez overpowered Jay Harris in February.
  • Super flyweight champ Juan Francisco Estrada has a deal in place to face #4 contender Carlos Cuadras in June “or when he can,” with the winner then facing mandatory challenger Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.
  • It’s “certain” that bantamweight champ Nordine Oubaali’s planned May fight with Nonito Donaire will be postponed, as the coronavirus outbreak is hampering the former’s ability to prepare.
  • Super bantamweight champ Rey Vargas could still have his planned defense against Emmanuel Rodriguez.
  • Featherweight champ Gary Russell Jr. “confirmed his interest” in finally fighting Leo Santa Cruz. I’ll believe it when I see it.
  • Super featherweight champ Miguel Berchelt is still negotiating with mandatory challenger Oscar Valdez.
  • “Franchise” lightweight champ Vasiliy Lomachenko still has Teofimo Lopez to deal with, while Luke Campbell and Javier Fortuna still have orders to fight for the vacant “regular” tirle while Devin Haney recovers.
  • Super lightweight champ Jose Ramirez is set to face Viktor Postol on May 9th. That’s in doubt.
  • Welterweight champ Errol Spence Jr. must face Danny Garcia upon his return.
  • Super welterweight champ Jermell Charlo has “requested permission” to unify with WBA “world” champ Erislandy Lara.
  • Middleweight champ Canelo Alvarez’s match with Billy Joe Saunders remains in limbo.
  • Super middleweight champ David Benavidez and light heavyweight champ Artur Beterbiev saw defenses against Roamer Alexis Angulo and Meng Fanlong postponed.
  • Cruiserweight champ Ilunga Makabu is waiting for a mandatory challenger. This is presumably “silver” champ Thabiso Mchunu, a former knockout victim of “Junior’s.”
  • Heavyweight champ Tyson Fury presumably still has a trilogy match with Deontay Wilder on the docket.
Y’all see anything you like up there? Charlo-Lara sounds fun.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It blew over in China already :yeshrug:
Myth.

Cases are rising in China again because now that travel is opened infected people are coming back into the country and infecting others.

Holding an event where the entire world congregates in a city a few months from now would be the most catastrophically irresponsible shyt of all time.

The entire point if shutting down these big events is to lower exposures.

Having the Olympics would be like throwing gasoline on the embers. If it's calm then keep it calm don't do the ONE thing 100% guaranteed to make the situation horrible.

Let's also address China went into lockdown two months ago meanwhile in the West, most countries aren't taking this shyt that seriously at all.