Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Why though? I think it will blow over by then. Even if not they could have taken their rime with their decision to see where things are heading

if this blows over by june, do you think they will just go ahead and start major gatherings? it will be too quick for all of that.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Why though? I think it will blow over by then. Even if not they could have taken their rime with their decision to see where things are heading

Blow over? Man more cases by the day are poppin up over here :dwillhuh:. We're almost in April and the Olympics are in late July....they not having it that's the smart thing to do cause even when it "blow over", how many athletes you think gonna risk ot just for the Olympics :usure: ?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Blow over? Man more cases by the day are poppin up over here :dwillhuh:. We're almost in April and the Olympics are in late July....they not having it that's the smart thing to do cause even when it "blow over", how many athletes you think gonna risk ot just for the Olympics :usure: ?

How are things in Jax bro? I’m in the Sunshine State by my parents now trying to wait this out working from home

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
nobody!! all major events is done for 2020..

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It blew over in China already :yeshrug:
I'm not saying it's quick but it could be reduced to 2 months or so. I don't see the point in postponing events happening in August or July yet, we are in March.
I read the WBO postponed its sanctioned bouts through June as well, I think they could wait with it a bit at least even if that's gonna be the conclusion. Point is while they are not certain that this won't blow over by then there's no point in canceling events so early. They are jumping the gun

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
It blew over in China already :yeshrug:
I'm not saying it's quick but it could be reduced to 2 months or so. I don't see the point in postponing events happening in August or July yet, we are in March.
I read the WBO postponed its sanctioned bouts through June as well, I think they could wait with it a bit at least even if that's gonna be the conclusion. Point is while they are not certain that this won't blow over by then there's no point in canceling events so early. They are jumping the gun

Man i hear you but my point overall is that nobody, especially an athlete, is going to just take that risk because they CLAIM it has "blown over" right off the bat. With the way this is going, there's no way with the lack of training with your team etc due to social distancing that they would try and expedite the Olympics in July. It ain't worth it. Waiting until next summer is the smart thing.

With lack of testing, paranoia/fear etc, it's wise to just hit cancel and reset until next year. Imagine the hell.if DURING the Olympics a few athletes end up testing positive for it. It'll be hell on Earth

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Just finished rewatching Moorer vs Holyfield. A couple of comments

• Moorer was textbook as hell in a good way. He tore Holyfield up with his lead right all night especially with his jab, he could have been more active though, his inactivity almost cost him the fight but I think he won a close fight, that he made closer than it should have been.
  • Holyfield didn't look 100% either, that's probably both because Moorer being a methodic, shorter, southpaw guy didn't really fit him stylistically and because the Bowe rematch took some steam out of him.
  • The HBO crew was at its worst, not calling the action how it was but basically just rooting for Holyfield, only emphasizing Holyfield's connected punches. Like Holyfield connects with a few glancing, half blocked shots on the inside and they are calling it but not Moorer's clean ass jabs and uppercuts. I get it, Holyfield was the house fighter and at the end of the day they are network people who want great action on their channel above everything else but it felt like Moorer's skills were left unappreciated by them and they scrutinize him for not getting into Holyfield's wheelhouse. The criticism that he didn't push the action when he could have was somewhat legit but they tried to pretend that Holyfield is doing good. He didn't. It was one of those cases why many people didn't like the HBO crew when their bias becomes too obvious. Even Foreman wasn't at his objective best, otherwise, he is very good at calling fights.
comments to couple other fights I have watched/rewatched so far in 90s HW

• Ruddock was a tough mfer, any time someone hurt him he tried to immediately come back with the smash
  • Tyson looked terrible against Douglas, he looked good against Ruddock on their first fight imo and I think despite the early stoppage he probably could have legit stopped Ruddock there, Tyson was winning the rounds too. If it happens when I'm alive I'd probably said I'm not that interested in a rematch. But... I would have been wrong cause the rematch was a very good fight where both gave it a go and while Tyson was the better man, Ruddock almost took his head off a couple of times.
  • Holyfield knocking out Douglas was a great performance, I know Douglas put on weight and shyt since he beat Tyson but still...
  • Lewis is sharp but still amateurish. He beat Tucker convincingly but you could see this wasn't the prime Lewis yet, he looks less stable, less confident in himself than later on, he's also too jumpy as of now. But still very sharp with his 1-2.
  • Even at 40 something Foreman was tough as hell, Morrison was basically running from him.
  • Bowe was very good when he was on but I don't think he was anything unbeatable. Holyfield's style wasn't bad for him either. Bowe's 2 outstanding traits were his inside fighting and to a lesser extent his jab. With that said he was pretty easy to hit and flat-footed even when in shape, he was ripe for a technical, fast boxer to pick him apart from the outside imo. Of course someone of a great quality himself not just some random stick and mover from a regional level. The intrigue of Bowe vs Lewis would have been whether the still somewhat green Lewis could keep Bowe at bay for 12 or stop him. Prime for prime Lewis woulda beat Bowe imo, would have gotten off earlier than Bowe and bomb him out from range later in the fight.
Now I continue, Lewis vs Jackson next.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Holyfield didn't look 100% either, that's probably both because Moorer being a methodic, shorter, southpaw guy didn't really fit him stylistically and because the Bowe rematch took some steam out of him.

nah its because he had a heart condition and went into the ring with it..thats why he temporarily retired after this fight