Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The elite level fighters are able to turn lesser fights into more training and not use that as an excuse......

More active doesnt mean; you have to stop training; active or not id go into camp the full routine cutting weight and all like im fighting 4 times a year...That's just me though:manny:

I understand, but when you have guys that have been boxing since they were kids, the motivation isn’t there unless a fight is lined up.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I understand, but when you have guys that have been boxing since they were kids, the motivation isn’t there unless a fight is lined up.
Get motivated to fight someone in the gym and work as you were working:manny:

Using that excuse maybe he only looked good vs Jobbers:unimpressed:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Can't blame him for this fight, it's a mando and this is even a solid fight, Williams is top 10ish at 160 currently and he improved recently.
That Keeler fight was trash though.
Lol you can 100% blame him for this fight.

Nobody fights more mandatory than DA

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn just came across news that Floyd’s BM ( the one he had three kids with) passed away. I’m sure someone will end up posting this somewhere on the forum if it hasn’t happened already

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
160 is his weight....The more GGG moves up the more he fights in the pocket and the slower his hands and feet move......Rather than allowing him to gain a couple extra pounds, they see it best that he try to maintain his 160 pound success...

SN: GGG needs a new trainer its obvious he doesn't train, and pretty much mailed it in once Canelo signed on the dotted line fight one, looking like Al Bundy as fat as he's ever been....When in his prime even out of camp GGG used to be fight ready

The GGG that fought Lemieux, build wise, was the best i seen him look since he became "GGG". He was physically a monster that scrap

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Funny thing is dude is asking him to point out these elite skills he is talking about, and no one who is a fan of him points out any boxing skills, it's always that 'he adapts' like EVERY OTHER elite fighter doesn't do the exact same shyt. They say if you don't see the skills that's on you, like multiple people in here haven't pointed out his weaknesses... If we can see weaknesses we see strengths too, and I pointed out his strengths. This is a boxing discussion forum, discuss his boxing ability.

The fact Crawford has been P4P for so long and he doesn't even have a signature punch that he is known for :patrice:. Pac is known for his right left 1-2, Keith Thurman is known for that swooping right hook, Danny is known for a counter left. Deontay Wilder is known for a straight right. Kovalev has the piston jab, Floyd was the master of the check hook, Etc etc etc. Crawford doesn't even have a punch that you can point out that is his specialty, just like nobody ever pinpoints his 'skills' they just say 'if you can't see it that's on you.' Like I aint been following and watching boxing my whole life. :martin:

Hell nah this is some bullshyt and pure HATE.:stopitslime:

Do you seriously watch Crawford fights and walk away with more criticisms than praise for his performances?

The fact that Crawford doesn't have one signature punch is a good thing, cause he's liable to fukk you up with any punch. We've seen him hurt fighters coming forward with his right, stepping back with his hooks, or mixing it up with sharp uppercuts. He's not just overpowering his opponents either, he clearly sets his work up behind his strong jab.

Crawford ain't going no fukking 12 with Josesito Lopez, Redcac or Granados. He's hurting them and stopping them.

The only question mark now is how does he hang with the A and B+ level fighters at a division where he's at a weight disadvantage.

Come the fukk on, Crawford is a cerebral fighter who is constantly setting up his shots. Only a high level fighter is keeping up with Crawford.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Ehhh that's super hard to say

For example if he fought prograis or hooker now, theyd both be his best opponent, and neither are elite elite.

Are you taking either over Crawford though?

Wins over Ramirez, Hooker or Prograis would look good, but don't actually mean shyt at this point. Crawford needs to fight a Garcia, Spence, Pac, or even Taylor would be a good fight. Porter and Danny would be good tests.