Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
giphy.gif

Did Floyd murk his baby moms, and show TI how to check his bytch like he alluded to on Drink champs.....Regardless they on his ass:ooh:
yeah Floyd is going to have some unfortunate attention on him now

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
No one had Wilder P4P though bro...

And GGG @LauderdaleBoss already made a great post about the differences between him and Crawford a page or two back. I aint gonna go on and on about it, cause I could be wrong... I'm just usually not. I aint a ever been a GGG fan either, but there are people who legit ducked him. Crawfords case seems to me more of a case of perfect timing to keep moving him up. Everytime he leaves a division that division got more talented as soon as he left and all the fighters he beat never did shyt to any of the new guys even with they experience(most of them hadn't really done anything before he got there either).

Funny thing is I've seen that youtube video before and it never impressed me cause a lot of the adjustments he made should of been obvious from the start of the fight.
No one had him P4P cause he didn't look that good at winning as Crawford or GGG, he didn't pass the eye test to many. And his resume was worse than either Golovkin's or Crawford's too sans Ortiz.

I still think it's impressive how Crawford adjust. Easy to say "he did what he had to" but to actually do it. Not many fighters can consistently dominate so many B level fighters as Crawford did with adjusting to any of them. Style matchups don't seem to work on him. The majority of other fighters who are fighting solid B level dudes long enough eventually all ran into some unfavorable matchups where they couldn't impose their will. Not Crawford though.
Crawford never got arguable gift decisions against Mauricio Herrera level dudes (Swift), he never got seriously hurt by a faded Josesito Lopez (Thurman), didn't draw with Julio Diaz (Porter), didn't beat Dulorme on a close fight because of point deductions but took him outta there. Didn't coast with Bundu level dudes for 12 rounds. Etc...
My point is: he's not the best at having great names on his resume, I co-sign that as a fan of him. He's probably the best in-around 147 at consistently beating good, not great opponents though in a dominant fashion.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Can't blame him for this fight, it's a mando and this is even a solid fight, Williams is top 10ish at 160 currently and he improved recently.
That Keeler fight was trash though.

I mean, we KNOW he's not going to get Dev, Nelo, GGG, Eubank, or Charlo so his options were/are limited. Wait...he could get GGG now that he's available but we know that ain't gonna happen.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Who should GGG have moved up and fought? Ward? He was never gonna win that fight.

He pretty much played it right. The way he managed his career landed him that huge contract with DAZN.
Off the eye test, Ward doesnt stand the test of time.......Seeing how he handled KKK, it could be both argued that Canelo and GGG with his jab both boxes the shyt out of Ward at 168......Kovalev was technically superior to Ward, and GGG and Canelo are both levels above that.......

Ward is a no big win type fighter in the grand scheme of things.........You cant be no HOF boogeyman claiming victories over Arthur Abraham in 2020; and his best win outdone by Eleider Álvarez

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
160 is his weight....The more GGG moves up the more he fights in the pocket and the slower his hands and feet move......Rather than allowing him to gain a couple extra pounds, they see it best that he try to maintain his 160 pound success...

SN: GGG needs a new trainer its obvious he doesn't train, and pretty much mailed it in once Canelo signed on the dotted line fight one, looking like Al Bundy as fat as he's ever been....When in his prime even out of camp GGG used to be fight ready

In his prime he was Also active, more then what you see from most champs

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
In his prime he was Also active, more then what you see from most champs
The elite level fighters are able to turn lesser fights into more training and not use that as an excuse......

More active doesnt mean; you have to stop training; active or not id go into camp the full routine cutting weight and all like im fighting 4 times a year...That's just me though:manny: