Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
literally every other fighter?
Nah... this happened in boxing before. Even very recently.

GGG or Wilder. Now the 2 are not the same, GGG looked the part more than Wilder on the other hand he could have moved up but never did, instead he waited for the big fights till his mid 30s. I admit though I was too harsh on GGG sometimes, but I maintain that he could ahve moved up at least once in his career when 160 was a desert. GGG's zealous fanbase didn't make it easier to not talk shyt on him though. Now I don't mean that to theColi but in general, like on twitter... But rationally a fanbase shouldn't be the reason to criticise a fighter.

Now with Wilder he was hyped to the skies despite his lack of skills and resume. Ironically he gained major momentum when he beat Stiverne on their rematch. I give him credit for the first Ortiz win, but... the hype was just ridiculous. During his reign, he beat literally 1 opponent who was ranked in top 10, 2 if you count the first stiverne fight where he got the belt. That's piss poor and his overall resume makes even Crawford's or pre-Jacobs GGG's look like a murderers' row. He also has/had a zealous fanbase. That one I doesn't even fully understand, how a guy with Wilder's skills got so many people lined up behind him.

So I see your point but Crawford's is not a sole example to this, not at all, it happens all the time that accomplishment, consistency and eye test trumps over resume.

No one had Wilder P4P though bro...

And GGG @LauderdaleBoss already made a great post about the differences between him and Crawford a page or two back. I aint gonna go on and on about it, cause I could be wrong... I'm just usually not. I aint a ever been a GGG fan either, but there are people who legit ducked him. Crawfords case seems to me more of a case of perfect timing to keep moving him up. Everytime he leaves a division that division got more talented as soon as he left and all the fighters he beat never did shyt to any of the new guys even with they experience(most of them hadn't really done anything before he got there either).

Funny thing is I've seen that youtube video before and it never impressed me cause a lot of the adjustments he made should of been obvious from the start of the fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
In which fight did he show these high level skills? Serious question. He fought scary against postol in a snooze fest, he got dropped in his last joint against an unknown, please don't say Jeff horn or 2019 amir kahn.. outside of switch hitting n having a "mean streak" I just don't see it anybody can pass the eye test against c n b level guys alas ggg but what happened when he stepped up
Yep

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Big difference between GGG and Bud's hype is GGG was actually ducked by champs and or waited out by them. Sturm, S. Martinez, Cotto, all didn't want it. Pirog would have been a good fight, but that never happened due to injury. Canelo fight eventually happened, but lets not act like that nikka was battling the Andrades and Charlos in the meantime. It was Khan, Beefy, and Chavez. :mjlol:Finessed everybody to thinking he a lil nikka and fast forward to now and his last fight was at light heavyweight. :ohhh:

Brook stepped in place of Eubank (who didn't want it) had the same amount of early round success that most talented welters have when sparring middleweights in gyms across the world, before getting his ass kicked and stopped.

Crawford's best run was at 135 (Burns, Gamboa, Beltran) After that dude unified the corpses Swift and the rest of the actual talented former 140lbers left behind. Never gets a big fight because his promoter doesn't offer enough money to actual bigger names and we see this done with Manny as well. More years go by and....

Bud gets to 147 and still beating up the scraps of other nikkas without ever facing someone who even has a punchers chance of winning. Say what you want about GGG competition before the Brook fight, but he at least fought Lemieux and Stevens when they were on the up swing. Still dangerous and could actually knock you the fukk out.

We still haven't even seen Bud fight that level of threat yet and this nikka being talked about as the best fighter in America. :hhh:

We know more about Spence then we do about Crawford and Bud been elite a lot longer. :gucci:

fukking Krillin has a bigger fukking win than Crawford and he had 3 different divisions to choose from. Just show you that weight hopping shyt is overrated.

@reservoirdogs this the post I was referring to. Breaks it down nicely.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
literally every other fighter?
Nah... this happened in boxing before. Even very recently.

GGG or Wilder. Now the 2 are not the same, GGG looked the part more than Wilder on the other hand he could have moved up but never did, instead he waited for the big fights till his mid 30s. I admit though I was too harsh on GGG sometimes, but I maintain that he could ahve moved up at least once in his career when 160 was a desert. GGG's zealous fanbase didn't make it easier to not talk shyt on him though. Now I don't mean that to theColi but in general, like on twitter... But rationally a fanbase shouldn't be the reason to criticise a fighter.

Now with Wilder he was hyped to the skies despite his lack of skills and resume. Ironically he gained major momentum when he beat Stiverne on their rematch. I give him credit for the first Ortiz win, but... the hype was just ridiculous. During his reign, he beat literally 1 opponent who was ranked in top 10, 2 if you count the first stiverne fight where he got the belt. That's piss poor and his overall resume makes even Crawford's or pre-Jacobs GGG's look like a murderers' row. He also has/had a zealous fanbase. That one I doesn't even fully understand, how a guy with Wilder's skills got so many people lined up behind him.

So I see your point but Crawford's is not a sole example to this, not at all, it happens all the time that accomplishment, consistency and eye test trumps over resume.

Who should GGG have moved up and fought? Ward? He was never gonna win that fight.

He pretty much played it right. The way he managed his career landed him that huge contract with DAZN.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
nikkas that look like khabib and Beterbiev are automatically favorites lol

I grew up down the street from some eastern european/central asian white boys, them mufukkas is made of different shyt than other white people. Them mufukkas was with the shyts too, one of them made the olympic team for Tae Kwon Do but broke leg before he could go compete, I hated that for him.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Who should GGG have moved up and fought? Ward? He was never gonna win that fight.

He pretty much played it right. The way he managed his career landed him that huge contract with DAZN.

I gotta be fair here, if GGG didn't move up to fight Ward cause he didn't think he could win the fight that's bytch made bro. I'm critical and tough on a lot of these fighters, but I'm fair bro.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
No one had Wilder P4P though bro...

And GGG @LauderdaleBoss already made a great post about the differences between him and Crawford a page or two back. I aint gonna go on and on about it, cause I could be wrong... I'm just usually not. I aint a ever been a GGG fan either, but there are people who legit ducked him. Crawfords case seems to me more of a case of perfect timing to keep moving him up. Everytime he leaves a division that division got more talented as soon as he left and all the fighters he beat never did shyt to any of the new guys even with they experience(most of them hadn't really done anything before he got there either).

Funny thing is I've seen that youtube video before and it never impressed me cause a lot of the adjustments he made should of been obvious from the start of the fight.

So many examples of this too.
Remember how nikkas hyped the unification with Indongo. Crawford bodies that nikka like nothing.
Time passes and Prograis bodies him even worse.

Bud gets his Lara on against Postol in a fight we all try to forget. Taylor in like his 14th fight, puts hands on Postol and gives us good fights with no pillows needed.

Hell, even Beltran beat the shyt outta Burns first, breaking his jaw and dropping him (getting a robbery draw) before Crawford even gets to dude.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I always liked Kostya Tszyu, he never got more popular cause he couldn't speak english. I told everyone at school he was gonna beat Judah and they all told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Came back to school after that fight like :sas2:.
tszyu spoke english well..i never seen him with a translator..he spoke that russian australian accented english

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
His versatility 100%. There's few fighters today who can actually adapt and change tactics as well as Crawford does. He's a nightmare when he comes forward, or when he's boxing you. At 135 or 40, he would probably be the favorite over nearly everyone, but his career is going to be defined by what he does at 47 and above.
Ehhh that's super hard to say

For example if he fought prograis or hooker now, theyd both be his best opponent, and neither are elite elite.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Scott quigg retired
he had to..dude slowed down. moved up, and got battered by a cat with 3 ko's

never forget
valdez-quigg-fight%20(2)_1.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta be fair here, if GGG didn't move up to fight Ward cause he didn't think he could win the fight that's bytch made bro. I'm critical and tough on a lot of these fighters, but I'm fair bro.

I have no idea why GGG didn’t move up, but if I’m on his team, he does not take that fight. That’s what management is for. Why move up to get your ass kicked to a guy that isn’t really a big draw?

These guys gotta be smart the way they manage their career man.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Exactly

Ward and GGG never had the same career trajectory. The only people who ever wanted that fight were Ward stans or nikkas that hated GGG. Literally nobody else makes a fuss about that match but them. At the time Goosen was keeping Ward in court so that fight was never feasible like that. When you hear people mention mythical match ups or fights they wished had happened, no one ever brings up these nikkas. The majority of boxing fans wanted Canelo/GGG which is what we eventually got.

Everybody loves playing manager with GGG career, but they won't hold the nikkas they stan to that standard or force them to accept deals that they wouldn't want their fighter to take.