Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been said given the amount of money he makes per fight compared to the level of comp he faces I'd never cross the street I'd retire with Top Rank bro. He got paid $3mil/fight for Horn, Benavidez, Khan, and Mean Machine that man low key fukking Bob with no grease bruh.

there is no incentive whatsoever to take the really tough fights with the money he makes.

from his perspective, you maybe make one pbc fight and that’s it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He been dropped by nobodies bro...
Yeah once upon a time..he beat up Thurman years ago too. Canelo got beat up by a winded GGG...great chin though. And more importantly, Canelo is supposed to have 3 losses. Period. Andrade don't have those issues and apparently no one with such "GREAT RESUMES" want to shut him up. Lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
lol@Teddy Atlas in his top 5 heavys..there's no doubt when he sees a top flight white talent, he loves them to death. Loma, Fury, and now Uysk.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
PBC don’t control Rosario it’s just a partnership, Samson can do whatever he wants and he probably wants to milk his fighter.
Thing is they may take a stupid risk here.
There is a solid chance Murtazaliev beats him before he could unify if they don't move toward the unification right away. Does it worth it?

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You got nikkas talking bout Kell Brook at 147 in 2020 is a good scrap .... N you can’t see how nikkas goin react to that negatively :usure:

You’d be cool with Keith, Danny, Shawn, Errol with a Brook fight at 147 in 2020??
I won't try to argue that a Brook fight would be particularly good. It ain't a jobber fight either but it's not great, it's a bit better than the Khan fight was probably but that's about it. My argument wasn't for the Brook fight

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fights I fear may never happen

Spence/Crawford/Thurman (would like all three of these guys to fight each other)
Wilder/AJ (in reality all three guys should fight each other aj/wilder/fury)

As far as matchmaking in boxing, I don’t really trip on it anymore. However, these are like the 2-3 fights I really want to see. I wanted Garcia/Loma, but Garcia basically eliminated that once he went up to WW.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It's the point that he is held to a different standard than literally every other fighter bro. Do you realize the amount of leg work a lot of fighters had to do to get held in high regard like Crawford does? Manny had to go through Morales, Barrera, and Marquez before anyone would consider him in the top 5 p4p. Floyd went 49-0 and beat everyone you can name on the way there and people still try to argue he wasn't fighter of the decade. Canelo done literally fought everyone people ever asked him to fight and people still shyt on him. I don't like the hypocrisy of it all more than anything.
literally every other fighter?
Nah... this happened in boxing before. Even very recently.

GGG or Wilder. Now the 2 are not the same, GGG looked the part more than Wilder on the other hand he could have moved up but never did, instead he waited for the big fights till his mid 30s. I admit though I was too harsh on GGG sometimes, but I maintain that he could ahve moved up at least once in his career when 160 was a desert. GGG's zealous fanbase didn't make it easier to not talk shyt on him though. Now I don't mean that to theColi but in general, like on twitter... But rationally a fanbase shouldn't be the reason to criticise a fighter.

Now with Wilder he was hyped to the skies despite his lack of skills and resume. Ironically he gained major momentum when he beat Stiverne on their rematch. I give him credit for the first Ortiz win, but... the hype was just ridiculous. During his reign, he beat literally 1 opponent who was ranked in top 10, 2 if you count the first stiverne fight where he got the belt. That's piss poor and his overall resume makes even Crawford's or pre-Jacobs GGG's look like a murderers' row. He also has/had a zealous fanbase. That one I doesn't even fully understand, how a guy with Wilder's skills got so many people lined up behind him.

So I see your point but Crawford's is not a sole example to this, not at all, it happens all the time that accomplishment, consistency and eye test trumps over resume.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
In which fight did he show these high level skills? Serious question. He fought scary against postol in a snooze fest, he got dropped in his last joint against an unknown, please don't say Jeff horn or 2019 amir kahn.. outside of switch hitting n having a "mean streak" I just don't see it anybody can pass the eye test against c n b level guys alas ggg but what happened when he stepped up

If you don't see it, you don't see it, he did in pretty much all of his fights. Instead of writing an essay on here I post this video that I think shows pretty well what Crawford does well. He adpats to any style.

I doN't say he is unbeatable, his chin is indeed "suspect" but I'm pretty sure that he is the smartest fighter at 147 who can adjust the most and that goes a long way. I hope Spence will be 100% again soon cause Crawfrod vs Spence is still probably the best possible fight of this current generation.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think Murtazaliev does in fact beat Rosario. Rosario is tailor made for Murtazaliev
and I forgot to say...
if they fight Lubin/Harrison first instead there's also a good chance he loses before he could unify :russ:
I feel like Harrison is the better matchup for him except if Harrison can outbox him thorugh 12