Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Apparently everyone gets it except for his haters :francis:
He special. I remember it being rumored that Garcia ducked Postol. Either way Postol and Indongo were undefeated (like most of Bud opponents over the last couple years)
Khan was just coming off a L and Matthysse had bad losses already tho to be fair alot of ppl thought he was going beat Garcia ass

khan had bad losses...lucas had razor thin losses at the time to judah and devon that could have went either way...the judah one im willing to say zab got him by a round or it could be a draw...but he beat devon :ufdup:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Danny Swift Garcia beat FIVE of the 9 people ahead of him on the Ring top 10 140 list

Won as the underdog TWICE

Lucas Matthysse
Amir Khan
Zab Judah
Eric Morales X2
Lamont Peterson
Mauricio Herrera
Kendall ****
Nate Campbell
Ashley Theophane

All by the Age of 26... ATG Junior Welterweight... HOF for that Alone

#swiftset :umad:
9816076C-D2E4-4631-9357-1C41FBFBF439.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Interesting who he said was hardest puncher wasn't wlad or ike but davarryl had serious power.
i personally dont think TOS had more power than wlad or ike but he had a wicked right hand..it was legit he dropped wlad with it

i remember the fight he had with corey sanders though..sanders like 6'5 330 lbs and he dropped him with 1 right hand and had him drunk and unsteady

which is why it made me angry he was so passive against byrd...he could have knocked byrd out

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
When Pac wanted to fight Floyd, did he take a bunch of easy touches begging for a fight or did he take on champ after champ and world class opponent after world class opponent constantly?

Marvin Hagler wanted to fight Ray Leonard for years, and he didn't take a bunch of easy fights. Mufukka was fighting Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran in the meantime.

Lennox Lewis never got to fight Riddikk Bowe, but he was constantly fighting tough opponent after tough opponent in the meantime.

Bud literally said 'I'm going to the hall of fame whether they fight me or not, I don't need them they need me.' If they need you so bad Mr. Hall of Famer why are you begging for fights? Like the hubris of this dude to sit here and act like he is above actually trying to compete on a regular basis against the best opponents, when he hasn't had a fight where he wasn't the huge betting favorite or fighting someone who shouldn't be looked at as more than another day at the office since he fought Gamboa YEARS ago bro. :hhh:

If Spence and Bud swapped they last 5 opponents, Spence would get laughed off the P4P rankings, meanwhile Bud is supposed to be P4P #1 and he has only one arguable legit fight in his career(Gamboa). :stopitslime:
yep...

bud would get a L from spence's last 5 ... i see porter beatin bud...

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Don't get the GGG point ppl always make on here
Many (maybe even most) people thought GGG won the first fight, made Canelo run and use PEDs for the rematch.
If Bud fights Spence and it ends up being the best fights of Spence career where a ton of ppl think Bud actually won then that's not being "exposed" to me. It's entirely possible Spence gets exposed and knocked out :yeshrug:. This boxing.
Ppl are starting to murmur about some of the PBC divisions being a house of cards, Manny old ass lowkey showed these dudes ain't invincible just cause they beat up some in house opponents and got hype off it

I never thought GGG one dimensional no defense having ass won either one of them fights first of all. GGG was popular and a fan favorite mufukkas in denial about that boy and his limited skillset. If you only judge a fight off workrate then sure give it to him. But the fact Canelo made GGG fight HIS fight two different ways in two different fights while GGG kept pumping jabs and missing power shots was all I ever needed to see.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I never said Wilder could box though. :manny:
nah breh you were bigging up wilder period lol....youre not delusional about him like his stans but dude raised too much questions pre KO for anyone to be like he is the one or to be overtly positive about lol..to me at least :manny:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
nah breh you were bigging up wilder period lol....youre not delusional about him like his stans but dude raised too much questions pre KO for anyone to be like he is the one or to be overtly positive about lol..to me at least :manny:

Ok I'll take it, I like seeing nikkas get slept, I knew he couldn't box his way out a paper bag. I still think it's hilarious Fury had to basically become a weight bully to win definitively too, for Wilder to be a non boxing ass nikka.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lucas Matthysse - legit
Amir Khan - was being outboxed before wilder'ing himself the win
Zab Judah - let judah off the hook and let judah rock him
Eric Morales X2 - legit
Lamont Peterson - GIFT :mjgrin:..now you know i thought danny won by like 1 because lamont was doing too much of the circle thing but everyone thought it was a gift
Mauricio Herrera - SUPER GIFT and herrera was talking that cash shyt after - ran from the rematch :mjgrin:
Kendall **** - GIFT :mjgrin:
Nate Campbell - legit
Ashley Theophane - GIFT :mjgrin:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I really don't get the Crawford hype.

Danny Garcia run at 140 prime Khan and mattyse>>>> indongo and pistol

shyt even portor got better wins then him at 147 with Garcia and ugas so how he above Manny or Spence I don't get it

"I don't get it..." but it's not hard to get it breh, the majority gets it. He looks good at winning and he displays high-level skills, simple as. Crawford was never hyped because of his resume he was hyped despite the lack of big names on his resume cause he looks so good in the ring. It's not the first time we see this and it's not the last time either so... just get over it? :yeshrug:

Sometimes just for the sake of shytting on him, his opponents are talked down here too on a hyperbolic way like they would be the league of jobbers. In reality, they are solid B level guys mostly just no real big name among them, it is what it is. I don't wanna go through the same motions the 1000th time again though, I agree that his resume isn't the best but it's like people can't stop crying about it on here. :childplease:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yep...

bud would get a L from spence's last 5 ... i see porter beatin bud...

I aint gonna necessarily say he catches an L cause honestly I'm kind of on the fence about Bud. I see some strengths and weaknesses in him. I just can't say he is special or a generational talent like a lot of folks say he is cause he looks good-great against the comp he is fighting, I just don't think a lot of the comp he has faced(especially since moving up to 147) is anything to write home about.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
"I don't get it..." but it's not hard to get it breh, the majority gets it. He looks good at winning and he displays high-level skills, simple as. Crawford was never hyped because of his resume he was hyped despite the lack of big names on his resume cause he looks so good in the ring. It's not the first time we see this and it's not the last time either so... just get over it? :yeshrug:

Sometimes just for the sake of shytting on him, his opponents are talked down here too on a hyperbolic way like they would be the league of jobbers. In reality, they are solid B level guys mostly just no real big name among them, it is what it is. I don't wanna go through the same motions the 1000th time again though, I agree that his resume isn't the best but it's like people can't stop crying about it on here. :childplease:

Like example wilder has shown his ability is like toughman and his resume is weak among the notable fighters and his stans think he's greatest thing in HW boxing today...its weird lol

Crawford is the most skilled American fighter in boxing today...and possibly the most accomplished American fighter too...he has cleaned out divisions, unified, lineal, all that shyt..plus he is old school and fights mean and has skills...the only complaint on crawford is the spoiling on the vine factor...which would be a shame if it happens..thats one upset i dont want to see

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

You got nikkas talking bout Kell Brook at 147 in 2020 is a good scrap .... N you can’t see how nikkas goin react to that negatively :usure:

You’d be cool with Keith, Danny, Shawn, Errol with a Brook fight at 147 in 2020??

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GGG Stans talking about gifts
giphy.gif

Jacobs Deverychenko N Canelo draw would like to have a word with you :mjlol:

The sad part is those are his 3 best opps :picard:

majority of scorecards out there seem to think triple gawd won those fights :mjgrin:

danny gift garcia is a real thing..not from my imagination..i cant take credit for that