Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Based on the stage though that wilder one was the worst. Broner was bad too. Kovalev was winning rounds. Wilder fury was one sided and when you the baddest man on the planet:huhldup:
Plus the excuses afterwards

Broner was quite bad too, but not sure if he ever made any excuses. He was battered too but won a few rounds and he didn't seem panicky, took his beating, at the same time he left the arena crying and his dry hump of Maidana came back to bite him as a final nail in the coffin :russ: Also how he tried to DQ his way out of the fight. :scust:

Kovalev was bad as he got bullied and the air if invincibility was gone forever after he talked all that mad shyt on Ward in the lead up and how he was swearing Ward is a coward and that he will knock him out. :mjgrin:

Yea if I was ranking them, I still would say Broner would be 1st then Wilder then Kov. Broner was just being a COMPLETE ass in the lead up to the fight and he was on his way to "superstardom" popularity wise as being built up as the next Floyd.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
a friday card

Regis Prograis vs. Maurice Hooker - Official For April 14, Oxon Hill
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Feb 27, 2020, 12:58 PM EST

Regis Prograis and Maurice Hooker will clash on a blockbuster night of action at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland on Friday April 17, live on DAZN.

Both men come into the bout on the back of starring roles in two of 2019’s fight of the year contenders. Prograis (24-1 20 KOs) travelled to London in October to take on Josh Taylor in a unification clash and the final of the World Boxing Super Series, with Scotsman Taylor edging out ‘Rougarou’ via Majority Decision in an all-out war.

In July, Hooker (27-1-3 18 KOs) hosted José Ramírez in a unification bout in Dallas, and the pair served up a back-and-forth shootout that Ramirez won via stoppage in the sixth round of a breathless contest.

prograis-hooker.jpg

Now the pair collide at a 143lbs catchweight in a fight that will lead the victor to World title action while the loser will face to tough route back to the summit – and both men know that this is a make-or-break night at a pivotal time in their respective careers.

“I can't wait to get back in the ring on April 17 and prove that I'm one of the best fighters in the world,” said Prograis. “Maurice Hooker is a former World champion with a good skill set, but I'm very confident that I will be victorious and begin my march towards becoming a two-time World champion this year. We have a history of bad blood and this is a fight that I’ve wanted for a long time. I’m excited for this fight and I’m glad I’m going right back into a fight with a good competitor.

“I'm very grateful to my team for putting this fight together and to my fans all over the world, thanks very much for your continued support.”

“Regis Prograis came out of the World Boxing Super Series one of the most popular and respected fighters in boxing,” said Prograis’ promoter Lou DiBella. “This fight against Maurice Hooker is not only one of the most anticipated in boxing but also one of the very best that can be made this year.

“Regis is committed to becoming a two-time world champion and a victory on April 17 will put him on a path to proving once again that he's one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the sport.”

“I’m excited to face a former World Champion,” said Hooker. “In my mind, he is still one of the best out there at 140lbs which, when I beat him, gives me a chance to show the world I’m also one of the best at this weight. You can bet this fight will get me closer to winning another belt. It’s going to be an exciting match and I’m ready to take him out.”

“Mighty Mo Hooker vs Regis Prograis is what big-time boxing is all about - two former World champions at the top of their game, looking to make a statement and show the boxing world that they're back with a vengeance,” said Roc Nation Sports boxing promoter Dino Duva. “Mighty Mo has given me a directive to get him the biggest and best fights and wants to remind everyone that he is one of the best and most exciting fighters in the world. This bout is an unbelievable matchup on paper and will be a can't miss fight of the year candidate. It’s as good as it gets, and boxing fans should not make any other plans on April 17 - this is a can't miss fight. On behalf of Roc Nation Sports, I salute and thank our good friends and partners at DAZN and Matchroom Boxing USA for making this great fight happen and giving the fans such a special treat.”

“This is a fantastic match-up between two fighters that always deliver great fights,” said promoter Eddie Hearn. “Regis and Maurice more than played their parts in two epic fights last year, and I know that their styles are going to gel to create another all-action battle.

“We will announce a huge undercard with World title action and a host of big names in action soon, it’s going to be another epic night of action live on DAZN.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong - May 2 at SSE Hydro, ESPN+
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Feb 27, 2020, 01:07 PM EST

WBA/IBF super lightweight world champion Josh Taylor will make his long-awaited return to The SSE Hydro in Glasgow to face unbeaten Thai contender Apinun Khongsong on Saturday, May 2.

Taylor, from Edinburgh, Scotland, has headlined The SSE Hydro four previous times, where he has drawn raucous crowds.

Promoted by Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions and Top Rank, “The Tartan Tornado” will make his first appearance in the ring since his triumph in final of the World Boxing Super Series (WBSS) in London, where he defeated the previously unbeaten Regis Prograis to add the American's WBA title to his own IBF version.

ESPN+ will have live coverage of Taylor-Khongsong beginning at 2:30 p.m. ET.

“Josh Taylor is a truly special fighter who is set on becoming the undisputed 140-pound champion in 2020,” said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum. “I have no doubt he will put on a sensational performance for his home fans. I can’t wait for ‘The Tartan Tornado’ to return.”

"I am delighted that we are able to be part of bringing Josh Taylor to Glasgow at such an important juncture in his career,” Warren said. "Josh is destined for many big fights over in the States, but he has got business to attend to first on the home front, and this presents an opportunity for the Scottish fans to really get behind their man in huge world title action.”

josh-taylor%20(3)_3.jpg

Said Sandra Vaughan, CEO, MTK Global: "We're delighted to be working with BT Sport and ESPN+ to put on a show of this magnitude in Scotland with an incredible talent, Josh Taylor. Josh is a true ambassador for Scottish boxing and we are thrilled to be working with him, and the teams at Queensberry Promotions and Top Rank to make this happen."

Taylor (16-0, 12 KOs) became world champion last May when he defeated the then-unbeaten Ivan Baranchyk via unanimous decision in Glasgow. He then bested Prograis via majority decision in one of the best action fights of 2019, a victory that put him alongside the division’s other unified world champion, Jose Ramirez. Taylor earned his spot in the WBSS with a convincing decision over former world champion Viktor “The Iceman” Postol.

"I am super excited to kickstart the new year with a fresh start and with a new team,” Taylor said. “It's great to have the teams at MTK Global, Queensberry Promotions and Top Rank in my corner, and I’m delighted to be fighting on BT Sport and ESPN+ and even more so that this is happening in Scotland in front of a home crowd who have waited so long for this! I can’t wait to get the ball rolling with putting on a great performance."

Khongsong (16-0, 13 KOs), from Bangkok, earned his mandatory position by winning the IBF Pan Pacific and IBF Asia titles. He has won six in a row by knockout and will be making his first ring appearance outside of Asia. Last February, he became the first fighter to knock out Japanese veteran and former world title challenger Akihiro Kondo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prograis better win... never thought much of Hooker
hooker did level up something serious...i thought he was a washout after that draw he got on the ward-kovalev card he should have lost..but then he knocks off 4 cats who were undefeated in a row before losing his belt to the 5th undefeated cat (ramirez)

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ruiz is a basket case. You'd have to be a complete moron to rely on him for anything. He's cooked.