Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
So Zurdo bowes out like a bytch cause coompetition became too hot at 175? :russ:

:camby: with him anyway

He ain't fighting Alvarez or at 175 altogether?

Don't know but it's a bytch move either way. Competition got stiffer suddenly once he moved to 175, especially on the TR side so he's not having it. In my narrative at least... maybe he had a good reason to leave but seeing how TR holds all the hit cards except for Bivol at 175 it's hard to imagine. They are signing these 175 dudes left and right, they have Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Smith, Hart, Barrera (?), Salamov, Vlasov... and this dude Zurdo just jumps ship in the midst of this? That tells me he doesn't want to fight good competition. It's not like he would be a small guy either, he was huge for 168, 175 could be his best weight for all we know.
What he's gonna do now? Sign to PBC and fight Pascal, Browne and Jack? Solid fighters but clearly the B league at 175 compared to TR's

Ramirez has fought just once since abandoning his WBO super middleweight title reign, having scored a 4th round stoppage of journeyman Tommy Karpency last April. The unbeaten boxer has remained at odds with Top Rank, going as far as to claim free agent status although that remains very much in dispute.

He doesn't want to be on TR anymore.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It's not bad, those who hoped for 2m were slightly delusional. I thought it would do aroubd 1m which it did. Wondering if this number is with ESPN+ views too or just FOX.
Canelo vs GGG fights did 1.2 and 1.1 m iirc, Fury vs Wilder to do more than that was never realistic imo
It's terrible we would think there are millions who watch, love and support Boxing, but only a crop would purchase a pov for a huge fight.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Don't know but it's a bytch move either way. Competition got stiffer suddenly once he moved to 175, especially on the TR side so he's not having it. In my narrative at least... maybe he had a good reason to leave but seeing how TR holds all the hit cards except for Bivol at 175 it's hard to imagine. They are signing these 175 dudes left and right, they have Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Smith, Hart, Barrera (?), Salamov, Vlasov... and this dude Zurdo just jumps ship in the midst of this? That tells me he doesn't want to fight good competition. It's not like he would be a small guy either, he was huge for 168, 175 could be his best weight for all we know.
What he's gonna do now? Sign to PBC and fight Pascal, Browne and Jack? Solid fighters but clearly the B league at 175 compared to TR's
:snoop: this is not a good look at all. Maybe he saw Jesse Hart who gave him a tough time take an L and reevaluated shyt

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I thought it would do over a million... lots of casuals watched N were talking about it to me before N after the fight

Here in Chicago it was all over the radio before N after N they actually put up billboards on the expressway near lake shore drive N Soldier field

Ads during the nfl playoffs ESPN N Fox ... I’m waiting on Bob to come out N say the numbers are better than reported :russ:

Facts, everybody was talking about that fight down here too.
With the amount of promo this fight had, this needed to do a million. Both dudes are well known here and speak english. First fight was controversial. You had all the ingredients for big sales.

I think what hurt the numbers is that this fight needed to be last year when the buzz was at its strongest. Plus this shyt needed a strong co main.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ruiz also said he’s having a tune up right before he fights Ortiz, disappointing. Especially since he’s not fighting till August apparently. That would be 8-9 months without fighting.

It also shows why he rejected the Dillian Whyte offers because he doesn’t want a competitive fight at the moment.

:hhh: at needing a tune up for a guy that just got knocked the fukk out.

I don't even wanna hear about Ruiz anymore. Dude transitioning into the Corrie Sanders stage of his career.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

I don't even wanna hear about Ruiz anymore. Dude transitioning into the Corrie Sanders stage of his career.
That AJ win for a gift and a curse..

Became lazy especially for the important and carer defining fight against AJ 2, fires coach and now looking unsure about his future..

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When I heard that earlier my head physically slumped in disappointment, first thing is he isn't having THE TUNE UP FIGHT till August, what's wrong with him? He can't have a tune up before then? That's like 6 months away in itself. Likehood is he only gets out once this year now, for a fighter than was unified champion recently that's awful.

Like you said he don't even need a tune up fight for Ortiz, all he needs is a good camp, why would you need a tune up for a 41 year old (he will be by the time the fight would happen, on the record at least) who's just been knocked out twice and you expect people to take you seriously at the very top level again...

Even if he wanted a tune up fight, ok, but have that shyt in April at least, then go into a big fight in December or some shyt. Don't just waste all that time with bullshyt, disappointing because he's a good fighter and could have a lot of good fights, but that's some bullshyt. Someone isn't taking shyt serious, Ruiz or the people who promote him or both, needs to do better.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
When I heard that earlier my head physically slumped in disappointment, first thing is he isn't having THE TUNE UP FIGHT till August, what's wrong with him? He can't have a tune up before then? That's like 6 months away in itself. Likehood is he only gets out once this year now, for a fighter than was unified champion recently that's awful.

Like you said he don't even need a tune up fight for Ortiz, all he needs is a good camp, why would you need a tune up for a 41 year old (he will be by the time the fight would happen, on the record at least) who's just been knocked out twice and you expect people to take you seriously at the very top level again...

Even if he wanted a tune up fight, ok, but have that shyt in April at least, then go into a big fight in December or some shyt. Don't just waste all that time with bullshyt, disappointing because he's a good fighter and could have a lot of good fights, but that's some bullshyt. Someone isn't taking shyt serious, Ruiz or the people who promote him or both, needs to do better.

facts
can't disagree with any of this.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Facts, everybody was talking about that fight down here too.
With the amount of promo this fight had, this needed to do a million. Both dudes are well known here and speak english. First fight was controversial. You had all the ingredients for big sales.

I think what hurt the numbers is that this fight needed to be last year when the buzz was at its strongest. Plus this shyt needed a strong co main.
honestly i dont think there was enough pre fight conferences...like they really didnt have them flying all over the place like they did in the first fight

and yes this stupid card need some actual thought and boxing brain put behind it from the matchmakers...PBC and TR really fumbled on that one :beli:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That AJ win for a gift and a curse..

Became lazy especially for the important and carer defining fight against AJ 2, fires coach and now looking unsure about his future..
he got paid..plain and simple bro

pre Femi...Ruiz was known as the talented boxer who couldnt come into the ring in condition and was fighting in obscurity...now he is stinking rich from those 2 fights and is prolly thinking on winding down so no one gets on his case about his eating anymore..which is a shame because Ruiz can actually fight and has skills

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

True. Man will fukk around and blow up again in weight. That's a long ass time

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
honestly i dont think there was enough pre fight conferences...like they really didnt have them flying all over the place like they did in the first fight

and yes this stupid card need some actual thought and boxing brain put behind it from the matchmakers...PBC and TR really fumbled on that one :beli:

Awww man, you right. They weren't facing off like that this time around. Yeah, that's what could have made up for them not having it last year. They needed these two going at each other like they did last time. shyt only got real on fight week. Fight of this magnitude needed to worked for months. Like they knew it was coming. Its not like a Canelo fight where the negotiation is the promotion.

They got lazy
We needed another world press tour of them talking shyt.