Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Dont say that :to:
59297-terminator2_576pyxurz.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure Thurman will have at least one fight in 2020 and then shut it down until 2021.

i want to hear about some fights being signed though. Too many nyggas out here sitting around with nothing signed.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s a disappointing number...

But I remember reading last week they needed 600k to break even :manny:

Think he said it needed 800-850k to break even...

"Initially, the belief was that Wilder-Fury 2 needed to do between 1 million and 1.1 million homes for the fight to break-even, but Arum says with closed circuit sales (think: bars, restaurant chains) and gate receipts coming in higher than the models anticipated, break-even is now between 800,000 and 850,000 buys. "We projected $1.65 million in closed circuit sales and as of Wednesday, [revenues] were over $3 million; [the final number] will probably end up over $4 million. We expected the gate to to come in at $12 million or $13 million and [the event is going to do] over $16 million.”

That probably means both didn't get much more than their guaranteed purse, the 3rd fight may do less cause I'm not sure as many people have the belief in Wilder after the 2nd fight now.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
it’s a great number from my POV

I thought it would do over a million... lots of casuals watched N were talking about it to me before N after the fight

Here in Chicago it was all over the radio before N after N they actually put up billboards on the expressway near lake shore drive N Soldier field

Ads during the nfl playoffs ESPN N Fox ... I’m waiting on Bob to come out N say the numbers are better than reported :russ:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it would do over a million... lots of casuals watched N were talking about it to me before N after the fight

Here in Chicago it was all over the radio before N after N they actually put up billboards on the expressway near lake shore drive N Soldier field

Ads during the nfl playoffs ESPN N Fox ... I’m waiting on Bob to come out N say the numbers are better than reported :russ:

They did a lot of buys for a PPV. 1M buys are superstar numbers, and neither Wilder or Fury are that. I view them as boxing stars, that can do good business together, but I don’t view them as superstars.

What Boxing PPV’s have reached 1M without a superstar headlining?

I understand your perspective, because I can see how someone can view the fight itself as a 1M PPV type of fight, despite neither guy being a superstar. If they map out a plan, a third time could be a charm. These guys have managed to create an interesting rivalry to the general public.

Last edited: