Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i wish sometimes Muhammad Ali never existed because it would then be easier to call other fighters the greatest..
#facts like I said I'm glad I got a chance to meet sweet pea last year and tell him how great he was in person and hang out with him

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Canelo once again fighting a better opponent than the rest of these dudes. What else is new :sas1:

BJS usually fights to the level of his competition so I expect him to be on his A game here. Canelo will prolly have a tough time with his size and movement but I think he'll start timing him by the mid rounds. You already know canelo's gonna target the body early to slow him down. But this should be a really good chess match. Saunders is one of the best pure boxers in the game. Canelo's resume is gonna be ridiculous.

In the last 2 years canelo will have faced Golovkin, Jacobs, Kovalev, and Saunders

P4P shyt :wow:

"B b but he's a diva!!" :damn::mjcry:

Meanwhile Little G is bum hunting again

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
#facts like I said I'm glad I got a chance to meet sweet pea last year and tell him how great he was in person and hang out with him
Bruh no lie he really looks like an uncle of mine. I even asked if he was p4p in a previous life and we ain't know

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

seems like bullshyt

giphy.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Sauerland: World Boxing Super Series Season Three Will Start September or October
By Jake Donovan

Published On Tue Feb 18, 2020, 12:56 PM EST

NASHVILLE—Count on a third season of the World Boxing Super Series.

With one more final still to go, the brass at Comosa AG isn’t ready to call it quits on the groundbreaking tournament-style series, Despite reports of financial troubles early in season two and several delays across the board, there is every intention to present another batch of eight-man sets which will run the tournament through at least 2021.

Nisse Sauerland, who along with his brother Kalle are intimately involved in the WBSS tournament, confirmed the good news to BoxingScene.com and other reporters. The head of Team Sauerland was on hand in support of Germany’s Vincent Feigenbutz (31-3, 28KOs), who suffered a 10th round stoppage loss in a failed title bid versus local favorite and reigning 168-pound titlist Caleb Plant (20-0, 12KOs). That part of his night didn’t end well, but there was still hope for a brighter future, including another WBSS season.

“We got the [cruiserweight] final March 21 and then gearing up for season three,” confirmed Sauerland. “It will start September or October.”

world-boxing-super-series-bantamweights%20(2).jpg

Season two saw its share of pitfalls, as evident in the cruiserweight final between Mairis Briedis and Yuniel Dorticos taking place three months later than its originally delayed target date from last December. The winner will join bantamweight Naoya Inoue and junior welterweight Josh Taylor as season two champions, after which the Sauerlands and the rest of the tournament brass will decide which weight divisions to target for season three.

All that could be offered at this time, is that there is nothing to publicly discuss.

“Me and my brother have given up (announcing) weights in advance,” joked Sauerland. “We know the weights we want to do, but stuff starts blowing up and it becomes impossible for our dreams to come true. So we’ll start calling that closer to the official announcement time.

“We’d start getting weights together May or June. We’ve got a few weights in our head. Lightweights, middleweights, super middleweights again. We’ll see.”

The cruiserweight division has been on display for each of the first two seasons, with season one also showcasing the super middleweight division. Season two expanded to three separate weight divisions, while it remains unclear whether season three will feature two or three weights.

im a big fan of the WBSS..the only place in boxing where real fights with real nikkas get done without the bullshyt as evidence by the FOTY candidate from last year that was prograis and taylor..also thee best fight of last year and now legendary fight between monster and donaire where a super fade of clean fighters took place...proof where sometimes its not always the draws in boxing that make the best fights

with that being said...the WBSS needs to clean up the financial bullshyt in order for season 3 to work..because i want season 3 to work..and i want them to leave CW alone for a while and do another division thats bubbling...maybe add some women into the fray and make them fight 3 min rounds