Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
Fonseca fight will show us where Garcia is at now, with that said the chances of this Davis vs Garcia fight happening are slim to none. PBC won't let Davis fight on DAZN and if PBC would offer more DAZN wouldn't let Garcia to fight at FOX/Showtime either imo.
Kingry needs to leave Goldenboy if they don't let him fight Tank on PPV. Tank just proved his star power potential by doing a 2 million dollar gate in his last fight and is lined up to headline a PPV next. It would be a wasted opportunity

After Fonseca, Ryan should headline another event against Linares then look to make the Tank fight. If he loses then so what, he's young and can bounce back. As long as he doesn't get brutally KO'd he should be fine.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Kingry needs to leave Goldenboy if they don't let him fight Tank on PPV. Tank just proved his star power potential by doing a 2 million dollar gate in his last fight and is lined up to headline a PPV next. It would be a wasted opportunity

After Fonseca, Ryan should headline another event against Linares then look to make the Tank fight. If he loses then so what, he's young and can bounce back. As long as he doesn't get brutally KO'd he should be fine.
Can't say I agree, so far when a PBC fighter got an offer to fight on DAZN for big money (Charlo, Davis, Wilder) they just refused the idea but nothing came back from their sides. That suggests me they can't offer a higher purse to stage these fights than DAZN. The age of PPV's unquestioned supremacy ended when Canelo signed that DAZN deal.

Whoever offers more should stage it, I think that's competition at its most natural. If PBC offers the highest bid then of course it's GBP who should let Garcia fight there if it's DAZN it's PBC's turn to let Davis fight there.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
so far when a PBC fighter got an offer to fight on DAZN for big money (Charlo, Davis, Wilder) they just refused the idea but nothing came back from their sides. .

This is what I hate. They always talking about money not being enough but you never hear of PBC making other guys any kind of offer. Or even really negotiating off the initial offer from the other side. Kenny Porter keeps saying he's waiting on the call from TR....why doesn't PBC make Crawford an offer :mindblown:
The way they get paid it'll probably be too low for what Crawford gets for fighting the Mean Machines of the world but at least it's a real negotiation and a back and forth could get started or worst case it's on front street that neither platform is budging fwtw

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Probably tough for Ortiz to get opponents at this point without a belt, but this is a trash fight. Vargas has been thru the ringer multiple times

Yeah after Ortiz last two opponents this one is :francis:. I remember Spence put a beating on this dude.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Probably tough for Ortiz to get opponents at this point without a belt, but this is a trash fight. Vargas has been thru the ringer multiple times

Hopefully he has that quick turn around though. I can't get too mad at a stay busy if he fights more than twice this year.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
This is what I hate. They always talking about money not being enough but you never hear of PBC making other guys any kind of offer. Or even really negotiating off the initial offer from the other side. Kenny Porter keeps saying he's waiting on the call from TR....why doesn't PBC make Crawford an offer :mindblown:
The way they get paid it'll probably be too low for what Crawford gets for fighting the Mean Machines of the world but at least it's a real negotiation and a back and forth could get started or worst case it's on front street that neither platform is budging fwtw

So because PBC doesn't negotiate through the media it means it ain't happening? You're not catching the PBC going on coke fueled Twitter tirades like Oscar or all up in the YouTube interview videos like Arum and Hearn, doesn't mean they're not doing work.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So because PBC doesn't negotiate through the media it means it ain't happening? You're not catching the PBC going on coke fueled Twitter tirades like Oscar or all up in the YouTube interview videos like Arum and Hearn, doesn't mean they're not doing work.
Cmon breh if they’d countered with a higher offer we’d know about it one way or another. They are not shy about it either, not being any more noble than Arum or Hearn. A high offer is a good marketing tool as well for a promoter and network cause it flaunts their wealth to fighters.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think at 147 PBC throws around the most money in general, in 147 they don’t have to rival DAZN’s billionaire owner’s pocket. Not to say ESPN doesn’t give Arum a lot of money but I think it’s different. Top Rank is losing pursue bids left and right recently. They pay their important foghters well though like Bud, Loma or Fury

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Cmon breh if they’d countered with a higher offer we’d know about it one way or another. They are not shy about it either, not being any more noble than Arum or Hearn. A high offer is a good marketing tool as well for a promoter and network cause it flaunts their wealth to fighters.

You mean like PBC offering a FREE AGENT Tevin 2 milly?? To fight Tank... which to this day is still a career high for him :usure:

A counter offer like that?? :mjgrin:

Eddie Hearn IG DMs to Charlo with zero details aren’t legit offers

DLH on camera saying yea we offered a “good deal” isn’t reality... especially when they can’t make a fight with Toyota Corolla... I’m sure they offered him a “good deal” too :camby:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

But they talk about the offers they get and reject.....in the media. It's not like PBC guys never discuss negotiations. Kenny Porter is literally using the media to tell Arum to call him(instead of just contacting them behind the scenes). If an offer for a fight they wanted was offered and rejected we'd know about because they'd be using it as a defense when pressed just like they use the offers from the other side they deem too low

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
But they talk about the offers they get and reject.....in the media. It's not like PBC guys never discuss negotiations. Kenny Porter is literally using the media to tell Arum to call him(instead of just contacting them behind the scenes). If an offer for a fight they wanted was offered and rejected we'd know about because they'd be using it as a defense when pressed just like they use the offers from the other side they deem too low

It doesn't make sense to equate promoters like Arum and Hearn to Kenny Porter. Completely different roles in the entire process.

Imagine if Al Haymon was on Twitter talking about negotiations, in videos saying the crazy shyt Oscar Bob or Eddie say. Everyone would be shocked because it's completely beneath him.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It doesn't make sense to equate promoters like Arum and Hearn to Kenny Porter. Completely different roles in the entire process.

Imagine if Al Haymon was on Twitter talking about negotiations, in videos saying the crazy shyt Oscar Bob or Eddie say. Everyone would be shocked because it's completely beneath him.

Not equating them Kenny Porter injected Arum name into it like he expecting a direct negotiation or something, I don't even watch Oscar, Arum or Hearns interviews to know what they're saying. I almost exclusively watch fighter interviews (or ppl from their camps) when it comes to what fights they want etc
Yea could care less about whats beneath someone really. As a fan I obviously prefer transparency vs lack of information. If the fights I wanted were being made maybe it wouldn't matter but they ain't being made so i'm not going give someone the benefit of the doubt like they tirelessly working behind the scenes to make those fights. Especially when their fighters suggest the opposite of that.