Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
maxresdefault.jpg

FatAdrienBroner.jpg

AB can’t even make Broner weight at this point. Man ain’t seen a gym in months.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stand on what I said. Boxing has been my favorite sport, my whole life. Lol at comparing them to foreman. Neither will do what he did. Time will tell

Really and you still don’t understand it lol. I’ve always loved boxing too and I can box, I’ve been boxing since a young age and could have done it as a career but choose to do other things. I’m an expert on boxing, don’t mean I’ll know everything about everyone but there’s something different when you’ve done it and been around fighters too. Always a sport I’ve loved and respected, have made a lot more links in boxing again in recent years too with some stuff I’ve been doing. The love and respect is why I’d never call certain fighters bums, if Joyce won a silver medal in the Olympics and gold in other amateur shyt he can’t really be a bum, that’s disrespectful, that’s why I questioned that due to my genuine love and respect for the sport. It’s rare I’d completely shyt on any fighter like that because they put their lives on the line and boxing and MMA are 2 of the most physically draining sports. I still do boxing training regularly and have sparred too, the physical demands are extreme, especially in a real competitive fight. I’d always try and be prepared for extra extra shyt cardio wise so had that in the tank and then could use energy wisely. To compete is hard, to compete at a high level is immense, the shyt it takes to be taking punches and still move and hit and have that constant mental and physical pressure is incomprehensible to most. Neither of those 2 you mentioned are anywhere near bums, I don’t really like to call anybody bums but if anybody is it’s the no hopers who have no chance and are just there for a pay day. Joyce and Dubois both are far from bums, they will want to win every fight they are in, at least in the foreseeable future. And I didn’t compare them to Foreman at all, I said the speed or lack of doesn’t relate to being a bum, some heavyweights are quick and some others have a more methodical style. Joyce can appear very slow, no doubting that, but in the amateurs he looked quicker. Dubois for a man of his bulk is probably average speed. Not every heavyweight is gonna be super quick, just not the way it works but it doesn’t mean they are bums. It’s a very good fight at the stage in their careers, it should be very entertaining right, especially if it’s allowed to catch fire. The winner will have a very good win on their record and won’t be far away from title contention, so it’s not really bum stuff, Dubois is ranked number 3 I think with 1 of the governing bodies and Joyce is ranked too. The winner I do think will challenge for a title within the next 2-3 years at the most.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah he seems him as a beatable guy that can elevate his career

It ain’t personal, it’s business. I’ve seen several videos of Mikey and Jesse hanging out, but you just know that Mikey specifically was sizing him up as a future opponent if an opportunity presented itself.

Broner be trying to be everyone’s friend. You can be friends when your career is over. As mediocre as Broner is, if it’s the right fight, people are gonna watch it. Broner/Haney would have the entire black community tuning in.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
yeah he seems him as a beatable guy that can elevate his career

It ain’t personal, it’s business. I’ve seen several videos of Mikey and Jesse hanging out, but you just know that Mikey specifically was sizing him up as a future opponent if an opportunity presented itself.

Broner be trying to be everyone’s friend. You can be friends when your career is over. As mediocre as Broner is, if it’s the right fight, people are gonna watch it. Broner/Haney would have the entire black community tuning in.
People don't know Haney like that. They'd watch as much as the last time broner fought a nobody.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Really and you still don’t understand it lol. I’ve always loved boxing too and I can box, I’ve been boxing since a young age and could have done it as a career but choose to do other things. I’m an expert on boxing, don’t mean I’ll know everything about everyone but there’s something different when you’ve done it and been around fighters too. Always a sport I’ve loved and respected, have made a lot more links in boxing again in recent years too with some stuff I’ve been doing. The love and respect is why I’d never call certain fighters bums, if Joyce won a silver medal in the Olympics and gold in other amateur shyt he can’t really be a bum, that’s disrespectful, that’s why I questioned that due to my genuine love and respect for the sport. It’s rare I’d completely shyt on any fighter like that because they put their lives on the line and boxing and MMA are 2 of the most physically draining sports. I still do boxing training regularly and have sparred too, the physical demands are extreme, especially in a real competitive fight. I’d always try and be prepared for extra extra shyt cardio wise so had that in the tank and then could use energy wisely. To compete is hard, to compete at a high level is immense, the shyt it takes to be taking punches and still move and hit and have that constant mental and physical pressure is incomprehensible to most. Neither of those 2 you mentioned are anywhere near bums, I don’t really like to call anybody bums but if anybody is it’s the no hopers who have no chance and are just there for a pay day. Joyce and Dubois both are far from bums, they will want to win every fight they are in, at least in the foreseeable future. And I didn’t compare them to Foreman at all, I said the speed or lack of doesn’t relate to being a bum, some heavyweights are quick and some others have a more methodical style. Joyce can appear very slow, no doubting that, but in the amateurs he looked quicker. Dubois for a man of his bulk is probably average speed. Not every heavyweight is gonna be super quick, just not the way it works but it doesn’t mean they are bums. It’s a very good fight at the stage in their careers, it should be very entertaining right, especially if it’s allowed to catch fire. The winner will have a very good win on their record and won’t be far away from title contention, so it’s not really bum stuff, Dubois is ranked number 3 I think with 1 of the governing bodies and Joyce is ranked too. The winner I do think will challenge for a title within the next 2-3 years at the most.
It's whyte vs wach like I said. I'm not impressed by either one. I never said not being fast made you a bum. They just happen to be slow AND bums.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
i disagree

Haney as the b side would add a buzz, despite not being as well known as the pbc guys.
HANEY'S buzz is not really there. Even broner has seen better days notoriety wise.
Haney can fight, but he's not even Gamboa's level of fame with us black folks or any other group of people.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HANEY'S buzz is not really there. Even broner has seen better days notoriety wise.
Haney can fight, but he's not even Gamboa's level of fame with us black folks or any other group of people.

he would buzz as soon as the fight is signed, and people look and take interest

you know how these things work