Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve watched Wilder vs Fury a lot, I can’t even remember how many times now. I enjoyed the fight because of the drama and theatrics, I found it very entertaining.

I’ve always had Fury winning that fight, even when I scored it generously to Wilder I had Fury winning by at the least 2 points. 2-4 each time I believe and it would have been even more without the knockdowns which I scored both of those rounds 10-8 to Wilder I believe.

No matter how much I watch, it was a clear win for Fury, I consider Fury as the WBC champion now cause he won that fight. The world knows by and large he won that fight too, Widler has a chance for redemption soon and to make it 1-1, whoever gets 2 out of the 3 fights if they happen wins their battle.

2nd fight is an enigma, a lot of questions we don’t know the answer to.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he hasn't been that heavy since his first fight. Mind games? Because wouldn't that take away from his mobility?

He wants to knock Widler out, I didn’t believe him initially but listening to Sugar Hill and then his recent interviews I do believe he wants to throw more power shots to make Wilder think. They are deliberately coming in heavier. Tyson is quite mobile even heavier historically.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And fury really did nothing, that’s the point. Fury literally got point for Wilder missing when Wilder blocked or dipped most of Fury punches too.

Fury landed 84 out of 327 punches. Wilder landed 71 out of 430 so Fury was more effective overall offensively and defensively and that’s how a fight is judged. Wilder gets his 10-8 rounds for the knockdown rounds but it wasn’t enough and the stats back that up.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He wants to knock Widler out, I didn’t believe him initially but listening to Sugar Hill and then his recent interviews I do believe he wants to throw more power shots to make Wilder think. They are deliberately coming in heavier. Tyson is quite mobile even heavier historically.
guess his jabs will sting more and get wilder more hesitant. But going for the knockout against wilder will be extremely risky

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GRAPHIC-Wilder-vs-Fury-Stats.jpg

Fury from that outlanded Wilder in every round apart from 3 according to the stats. Fights are scored on a round by round basis, also defense plays a role in scoring even though offense is the most important, Fury was better in both areas that's why he had a clear win. The knockdowns were great for Wilder and it made him win those rounds by a 2 point margin but clearly it wasn't enough to win the fight or be close to it because fights are scored round by round, so Fury won by a good margin. If he's hitting him more and making him miss more that indicates statistically what was happening, some rounds like 3rd and 10th it was big margins and Wilder was landing like 1 shot or some shyt. You can't win a fight like that....

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
guess his jabs will sting more and get wilder more hesitant. But going for the knockout against wilder will be extremely risky

His jabs will have more power, all of his punches in general. To stand and trade with Wilder would be insanity, if he's reckless he'll get knocked out, but to pressure Wilder consistently as part of gameplan to hurt and slow him down could work, Wilder doesn't really like being backed up, if Fury is fit enough to keep pressing, stays alert and has a bit more power to make his shot counts he could get more success. At first I saw some disturbing signs from Fury but he seems happier and more prepared now, I don't know what's gonna happen but I think he's gonna give it a good go. If there isn't an early Wilder knockout I think the fight may be even better than the last 1 entertainment wise, more punches thrown.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Rewatch the fight. That’s all I’m gone say. There’s no arguable way he won 9 rounds. There were rounds he barely landed punches. If you don’t want to watch the full fight just rewatch the first three rounds.
Wilder hasn’t landed in those rounds either though and Fury was the ring general and had the better defense. When none if the guys landing anything you still have to decide somehow who won the round. It’s in Wilder’s style. When he scores a knockdown it’s big and usually wins him the fight but when he doesn’t he looks shytty and has a low punch output

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I watch his camp Vlog and he looked perfectly fine so I’m not understanding where it went wrong
It probably didn’t “go wrong” and Diaz is just a better fighter and/or bad style matchup for him. Fighters at the top rarely if ever acknowledge these, understandably. That’s why we hear all the excuses. Some excuses are just a lot more ridiculous than the others. The best they can say is “he was the better man THAT NIGHT”. It’s rare that they would just flat out admit that the other is just better in general.