Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Post one shot that stunned Ruiz or made Ruiz buckle like Ruiz did a handful of times...Ill wait.....:stopitslime:

Matter of fact post one shot where the sweat flew off Ruiz:hhh:

TALKSPORT-HERO-Aj-ruiz.jpg

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
it’s not happening

these guys one get paid once or twice a year. They are going to take fights that offer the most money.

In all honesty, why should there be tuneups if you only fight once or twice? If you’re fighting 3-4 times, sure, but 1-2 times? I’m not trying to see no soft touches. I’m not paying for it. If you’re trying to reach a casual fan such as myself, you gotta fight someone.

im not one of these hardcore fans who is going to watch a nygga fight Jeffrey the Uber driver from Iowa. I’m not watching it.
shyt wild man

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
If Murata gets the Canelo fight seems like they will do BJS vs Callum Smith which is a very good fight.

The card for the Usyk vs Chisora potential fight sounds brilliant. That card could have Hrgovic vs Bakole, Kelly vs Avanesyan, Conor Benn vs Johnny Garton and Joshua Buatsi on the card too. That's a very solid card. Some interesting fights on there, good value.
You should go

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
it’s not happening

these guys one get paid once or twice a year. They are going to take fights that offer the most money.

In all honesty, why should there be tuneups if you only fight once or twice? If you’re fighting 3-4 times, sure, but 1-2 times? I’m not trying to see no soft touches. I’m not paying for it. If you’re trying to reach a casual fan such as myself, you gotta fight someone.

im not one of these hardcore fans who is going to watch a nygga fight Jeffrey the Uber driver from Iowa. I’m not watching it.
Tunenups are necessary......I enjoyed Swift Salka.....I enjoyed Mayweather vs Ndou....Tito vs Mamadou

Im my day we called those showcase fights, where you are supposed to show your elite skillset vs the average nikka......Fighters are too bytch to take on a easy touch and catch a L, when those fights bring more fans, money and attention to these guys.....:manny:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tunenups are necessary......I enjoyed Swift Salka.....I enjoyed Mayweather vs Ndou....Tito vs Mamadou

Im my day we called those showcase fights, where you are supposed to show your elite skillset vs the average nikka......Fighters are too bytch to take on a easy touch and catch a L, when those fights bring more fans, money and attention to these guys.....:manny:

Tuneups are tricky. I try to stress to fans that this is also prizefighting.

You gotta keep in mind that a lot of guys don’t get paid like Mayweather or Garcia to entertain a tuneup. Mayweather made 3 million against Ndou.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
@Newzz

I was in driving school with this fool

Tuneups are tricky. I try to stress to fans that this is also prizefighting.

You gotta keep in mind that a lot of guys don’t get paid like Mayweather or Garcia to entertain a tuneup. Mayweather made 3 million against Ndou.
Boxers are paid hands over the fist these days...Punk ass guys are just hustling backward

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
it’s not happening

thats the thing about tuneups you got to understand..im not talking about tuneups in general...i mean if they fight 1-2 fights a year and its some bullshyt then yeah no tuneups of course...when i start saying tuneups i mean for fighters who have been away for an extended period of time or they have suffered fairly serious injuries in ring from a brutal fight OR out of the ring OR a noticeable slide after a string of back to back hard fights..like when you hear me say that monster, or badou, or derevyanchenko need a soft touch its because they fall into that criteria..tuneups can serve to extend a career so they have a chance to make money when they are still serviceable

shyt diego corrales beat JLC in the best fight and the most brutal fight ive ever seen in my boxing lifetime..that was his first fight that year...a fight like that he needed to sit down for a good min...instead he was back in the ring in less than 6 months and was brutally ko'ed in the rematch..and never won another fight because he faced top tier comp...you can't tell me a tune up wouldn't be warranted in that situation breh

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

I was in driving school with this fool

With Montana? lol That would've been odd as shyt:heh:

Why, for his last fight, his weigh in was at the B & M Restaurant up Miles bro? :dead:

I got there too late, I wanted to interview him actually but I missed it, but I just thought having his weigh in at a bbq joint was kinda....hood lol