Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

full

That nikka chin made of pixie dust bro lol

Talked all that trash about beating Hurd fir the belts in Hurd's hometown, only to lose in his very fight next in his own hometown :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Demetrius Andrade Inks Four Fight Extension With Eddie Hearn
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Jan 23, 2020, 02:38 PM EST

Demetrius Andrade has signed a four-fight extension to his contract with Matchroom Boxing USA.

Andrade (28-0 17 KOs) defends his WBO World Middleweight crown for the third time against Luke Keeler in Miami on January 30 live on DAZN in the US and on Sky Sports in the UK.

‘Boo Boo’ landed the vacant title in Boston in October 2018 with a win over teak-tough African Walter Kautondokwa and followed that win by stopping Artur Akavov in the final round of his first defense in New York in January 2019.

demetrius-andrade%20(4)_7.jpg

The Rhode Island ace went home for his second defense and thrilled his hometown fans at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence in June by putting Maciej Sulecki on the deck in the opening round en-route to a shut-out win over the Pole.

Irishman Keeler (17-2-1 5 KOs) travels to Miami in a bid to shock the world in his first World title fight, but Andrade wants to hold onto his title in style before attacking the big guns and fellow World rulers at 160lbs.

“I’m delighted to have signed an extension to my deal with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing USA,” said Andrade. “We have had a great 18 months and we’ve got plans to have an even bigger 2020 and 2021.

“I’ve matured in the ring as I’ve been more active and sometimes I think, if these guys had fought me before they might have had a better chance against me, but now they are giving me the time to sign with Eddie and DAZN, get active and fight four times, sharpen the tools and get the ring rust off. So, when it comes their time, it’s going to be hell for them!

“As long as I am building my legacy, performing the way I need to perform and people are loving my style and the things I am doing, I am not worried about anything else as the fans are going to start demanding that these guys fight me.”

The two-weight World ruler was one of the first fighters to team up with promoter Eddie Hearn in July 2018 as he expanded the Matchroom Boxing empire to America with a billion-dollar deal with DAZN, and Hearn expects the Rhode Island ace to have a big year in 2020.

“I am thrilled to have signed an extension to Demetrius’ deal with Matchroom Boxing USA,” said Hearn. “Demetrius is one of the best 160lb fighters in the world and now is the time to deliver him the fights against the other elite Middleweights in the division, live on DAZN.”

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats the thing about tuneups you got to understand..im not talking about tuneups in general...i mean if they fight 1-2 fights a year and its some bullshyt then yeah no tuneups of course...when i start saying tuneups i mean for fighters who have been away for an extended period of time or they have suffered fairly serious injuries in ring from a brutal fight OR out of the ring OR a noticeable slide after a string of back to back hard fights..like when you hear me say that monster, or badou, or derevyanchenko need a soft touch its because they fall into that criteria..tuneups can serve to extend a career so they have a chance to make money when they are still serviceable

shyt diego corrales beat JLC in the best fight and the most brutal fight ive ever seen in my boxing lifetime..that was his first fight that year...a fight like that he needed to sit down for a good min...instead he was back in the ring in less than 6 months and was brutally ko'ed in the rematch..and never won another fight because he faced top tier comp...you can't tell me a tune up wouldn't be warranted in that situation breh

I entirely get what you’re saying.

However, this era is different.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
With Montana? lol That would've been odd as shyt:heh:

Why, for his last fight, his weigh in was at the B & M Restaurant up Miles bro? :dead:

I got there too late, I wanted to interview him actually but I missed it, but I just thought having his weigh in at a bbq joint was kinda....hood lol

Lmao that’s hilarious, I have a funny story about B&Ms, my homies baseball coach is the son, he basically runs the 105 and 152nd locations.

Hood ain’t the word lmao they couldn’t have his weigh in at a gym or something lmao.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Lmao that’s hilarious, I have a funny story about B&Ms, my homies baseball coach is the son, he basically runs the 105 and 152nd locations.

Hood ain’t the word lmao they couldn’t have his weigh in at a gym or something lmao.

Lmaooooo