Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Wilder might jab a nikka forreal; he risked it all trying to fight and cheapshot uppercut Charlie Z:mjlol:
Wilder 6'7 and would put the fear of God in that fool
full

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Just watched GGG vs Derevyanchenko the whole way through....GGG showed heart and dug deep when he got tired but it seemed like the kid connected better and definitely outworked him...had him backing up and covering up protecting the body.
C Class fighter:hhh:

Still 18 clean rounds off Canelo:mjgrin:

giphy.gif

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Eddie said they've made Andy Ruiz an even bigger offer to fight Whyte, in U.S this time. If that fight happens anytime soon should be in U.S now apparently.
Eddie is unsure if Aj could beat Ruiz in a trilogy; he trying to pull the swerve on Ruiz money or shot at titles again....that was as unimpressive of a dominant performance you will see though......Ruiz landed the better shots visibly in the rematch as well......AJ should've punished that fat fukk, like a lennox lewis would a overmatched opp

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Eddie is unsure if Aj could beat Ruiz in a trilogy; he trying to pull the swerve on Ruiz money or shot at titles again....that was as unimpressive of a dominant performance you will see though......Ruiz landed the better shots visibly in the rematch as well......AJ should've punished that fat fukk, like a lennox lewis would a overmatched opp

AJ mentally finished...Ruiz had him shook to the bones.

AJ might as well hire Virgil Hunter and get that style to protect that chin. He was out there looking like Khan with hunter smh.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't see it like that at all, AJ dominated that fight, he won 11 out of the 12 rounds to me, was a masterclass and a nearly a complete shutout. Not only is it impossible for AJ to fight Ruiz again right now because of mandatory's it's also kind of pointless because they just fought and it wasn't close, it was 1 sided domination from AJ. Busted him up multiple times and won so widely and clearly on points. Andy now has to prove that's a viable fight for the future, if he comes back with some good wins against good opponents then that fight becomes viable again and they can do the trilogy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that fight happens 1 day, infact my guess is it will, but it won't be right now, but if Andy for example were to beat Whyte then that increases the likelyhood of a 3rd fight, it's all up to Andy what he achieves from here. If Andy can get a shot at Wilder for example and beat him then undisputed trilogy between him and Aj would be HUGE, it would be so much of a bigger fight than it would be now just after he got dominated.. It was a brilliant performance by AJ in the 2nd fight, world class, and no AJ landed the better shots that did the most damage clearly, you can see that from Andy's face, he just fought a smart fight and didn't go in recklessly and needlessly and he won extremely comfortable. Fantastic performance. If Andy can beat somebody like Whyte though that gets him right back in the top mix straight away. I would like to see Ruiz vs Wilder, would be a fun fight, could potentially be the first time Andy gets completely knocked out, then again if he's moving well he could cause issues too. That fight won't happen anytime soon either, but it would be a good and fun fight. Andy can force the hand though, if he takes the Whyte fight and beats him then he could legit get a shot at Wilder or AJ not long after that, it's a huge opportunity for him.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ mentally finished...Ruiz had him shook to the bones.

AJ might as well hire Virgil Hunter and get that style to protect that chin. He was out there looking like Khan with hunter smh.

I don't think a lot of people on here understand boxing at all, if he was shook to the bones he doesn't even take the rematch. He didn't have to, it was optional He just fought to the tactics that ensured the win. He's already brought in several new people to his team to expand his game, it worked very well in that first fight with them. The loss from a technical boxing perspective was the best thing that could have happened to him, he was stagnating as a fighter in my opinion, he hadn't looked good for a while, he was poor against Povetkin too but his power got him out of it. He boxed fantastically well against Ruiz the second time, best footwork he's had in his career by far.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ruiz is probably a guy that should be fighting 3-4 times a year just to stay in the gym.

What helped him out during the first fight is that he was just coming off of a fight like a month prior. Therefore, he didn’t have to worry about getting in shape.

I think he’s done and he’ll never recapture the motivation he had for the first fight. I also think he’s C level. Ray J should have never lost to a guy like this.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I don't think a lot of people on here understand boxing at all, if he was shook to the bones he doesn't even take the rematch. He didn't have to, it was optional He just fought to the tactics that ensured the win. He's already brought in several new people to his team to expand his game, it worked very well in that first fight with them. The loss from a technical boxing perspective was the best thing that could have happened to him, he was stagnating as a fighter in my opinion, he hadn't looked good for a while, he was poor against Povetkin too but his power got him out of it. He boxed fantastically well against Ruiz the second time, best footwork he's had in his career by far.

I understand boxing enough. You can box from the outside and dnt have to be scary. Wlad did it for the most part and Lewis did it. Breh is just shook. He knows he has a China chin. AJ looking like Miguel Vasquez out there.

And breh didn’t look good in that second rematch. Ruiz was just horrible.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand boxing enough. You can box from the outside and dnt have to be scary. Wlad did it for the most part and Lewis did it. Breh is just shook. He knows he has a China chin. AJ looking like Miguel Vasquez out there.

And breh didn’t look good in that second rematch. Ruiz was just horrible.

People act like he didn’t throw any punches and just ran which isn’t accurate at all. He threw some really good shots that damaged Ruiz and busted him up, he just moved as well, that’s what boxing IS, it’s an art and a skill, it’s not a tough man competition or about who hits the hardest or who takes the most, fundamentally that’s not what boxing is. Ideally it’s hitting and not getting hit, in the first fight AJ was reckless and got made to pay for that, he was too casual and open and offensive before he needed to be, he corrected it in the second fight and won comfortably. He did exactly what he should have done, evident by the wide victory. He wasn’t shook at all, he was cautious, there’s a big difference, shook you don’t even get in the ring , he fought tactically and to a game plan that worked perfectly. I wouldn’t say he has a china chin, he got hit was a monstrous shot by Wlad and got back up, he hasn’t been knocked out clean in the pros. Even in the first Ruiz fight when he was concussed after that first shot he wasn’t knocked out clean subsequently and it was a ref stoppage.

And that’s what I mean about a lack of understanding, the people who know boxing know he looked excellent in that second Ruiz fight. His footwork was markedly improved, it was a masterclass of a performance. His footwork meant Ruiz couldn’t get close to him and his jab was far superior than the first fight so it made it more difficult for Ruiz to get inside. It was a near perfect performance. If you win a heavyweight title fight that widely it’s a great performance. It was mentally exceptional too, he showed the fortitude to not only get in the ring again straight away against him but stick to the gameplan throughout. It was excellent, I’ve watched it many times and it was a really great performance. A lot of people in here picked him to lose that fight easily for 100 percent sure, he made a mockery of that with a hugely wide win.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
People act like he didn’t throw any punches and just ran which isn’t accurate at all. He threw some really good shots that damaged Ruiz and busted him up, he just moved as well, that’s what boxing IS, it’s an art and a skill, it’s not a tough man competition or about who hits the hardest or who takes the most, fundamentally that’s not what boxing is. Ideally it’s hitting and not getting hit, in the first fight AJ was reckless and got made to pay for that, he was too casual and open and offensive before he needed to be, he corrected it in the second fight and won comfortably. He did exactly what he should have done, evident by the wide victory. He wasn’t shook at all, he was cautious, there’s a big difference, shook you don’t even get in the ring , he fought tactically and to a game plan that worked perfectly. I wouldn’t say he has a china chin, he got hit was a monstrous shot by Wlad and got back up, he hasn’t been knocked out clean in the pros. Even in the first Ruiz fight when he was concussed after that first shot he wasn’t knocked out clean subsequently and it was a ref stoppage.

And that’s what I mean about a lack of understanding, the people who know boxing know he looked excellent in that second Ruiz fight. His footwork was markedly improved, it was a masterclass of a performance. His footwork meant Ruiz couldn’t get close to him and his jab was far superior than the first fight so it made it more difficult for Ruiz to get inside. It was a near perfect performance. If you win a heavyweight title fight that widely it’s a great performance. It was mentally exceptional too, he showed the fortitude to not only get in the ring again straight away against him but stick to the gameplan throughout. It was excellent, I’ve watched it many times and it was a really great performance. A lot of people in here picked him to lose that fight easily for 100 percent sure, he made a mockery of that with a hugely wide win.

He showed iight footwork. He outboxed a lazy unmotivated extra fat Ruiz:unimpressed:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
From a technical perspective AJ boxed a perfect fight in the rematch, but if you look at it from pure entertainment it was :francis:.

Let's be honest to the casual fan when they see heavyweights fight they want to see big punches and knockouts. Heavyweight boxing has always been that way.

Also it is possible to win a fight and not look impressive in the process, it happens all the time(Callum Smith vs Ryder is one, Spence vs Porter is another, Crawford vs Mean Machine is another, hell Canelo vs Kovalev is another).:yeshrug:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Ruiz beat a lazy unmotivated AJ you can play that both ways
:stopitslime:

AJ looked better in fight 1 than fight 2; if we are judging pre knockdowns....Fight 2 was a fractured soul, wanting to fold with the first solid shot that landed; luckily for him Ruiz was too fat to capitalize , I cant recall not one shot of notice AJ landed in fight 2:shaq2: