Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps

sheesh derevyanchenko gets all the chances in the world but he did give the triple gawd a helluva fight...with that being said he needs a soft touch before going after another champ

Charlo never fought someone of that calibre imo (Derev severely underrated imo, extremely . Biggest test of career.
Both the decisions against GGG and Jacos could have gone his way too so I don't find it wrong that he gets another big fight. Charlo might have his hands full with him, now it's time for him to prove himself and beat a legit top 5 160 fighter. If he does it more impressive than GGG and Jacobs that would be a statement.

Agree on both counts.

Derev has some real sliding doors fights, was unlucky as hell in both those fights.

Biggest test of Charlo career. Sink or swim.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Charlo never fought someone of that calibre imo (Derev severely underrated imo, extremely . Biggest test of career.
Derevyanchenko is a tough guy but my thing is let dude get a soft touch in or something first. He took some real punishment from GGG

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Derevyanchenko is a tough guy but my thing is let dude get a soft touch in or something first. He took some real punishment from GGG

Oh yeah no doubt, that was a brutal fight for both of them. GGG might never be the same imo.

Might be now or never for Derev though, been on the cusp twice, needs one last big fight, not sure they'll give him another shot.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Oh yeah no doubt, that was a brutal fight for both of them. GGG might never be the same imo.

Might be now or never for Derev though, been on the cusp twice, needs one last big fight, not sure they'll give him another shot.
That little stretch of really brutal FOTYs from Spence vs Porter in Sept to Monster vs Donaire last year..it seems like there is they wanna force those cats in those fights to get back in the ring sooner than they should :heh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:mjlol:

"im just playing bro"

would love to see one of these with Tyson or Wilder
Wilder 6'7 and would put the fear of God in that fool
full

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Man you gotta let it go and grow with the times Pat. These guys are only concerned about the present, and how much they can make now.

You need to embrace tough fights. If these guys want to manage their careers like MMA fighters, whose to stop them?

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
That little stretch of really brutal FOTYs from Spence vs Porter in Sept to Monster vs Donaire last year..it seems like there is they wanna force those cats in those fights to get back in the ring sooner than they should :heh:
All of them though, If anybody deserves a break it’s the 8 of them(including Regis and Josh Taylor)

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Just watched GGG vs Derevyanchenko the whole way through....GGG showed heart and dug deep when he got tired but it seemed like the kid connected better and definitely outworked him...had him backing up and covering up protecting the body.
Watched earlier too, ggg lost