Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Exactly

Loma done fukked around and found himself in the phantom zone. He needs to go where the fights are at.
If Linares and Pedraza are the best he can do at 135, then he need to drag Tank up or go to 140.

I just feel like all the 135 fights would have been there regardless if he would have stayed at 130 or did a one off with Pac at a catch weight etc....

Now he stuck in a position where there's no enticing fight to move up for and theres nothing at 135 for him to stay.
it sounds like hes laying low.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i still think barring a style change lomachenko seems to be hitting a ceiling at 135

I need a lil more proof.

Besides not using his right hook, I thought he looked good against Pedraza. He can fight Campbell and Tank in 2019 and afterwards be ready for whatever at 140. Even if the Mikey fight is still out there, I doubt Mikey going back to 135 for it after that Spence fade. shyt would prolly take place at 140 anyway.

I gotta see a Hatton/Collazo type performance from Loma before I start drafting up a ceiling for his greatness. :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
All this but the UK but the UK shyt, it’s like if the US had the two most popular soccer players in the world but they refuse to play in the premier league. It makes no sense and how do we even know that these guys are the best if they only fight each other.
Idk breh it seems pretty obvious to me that as far as the HW scene goes UK > US right now.

What I'm saying is that you can't expect them to obey to the US market's needs when they run thing in the division.
2 of the 3 arguably the top 2 most lucrative HWs are from there and they have a solid second line too
They don't need pity there, they have their own shyt popping now.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Idk breh it seems pretty obvious to me that as far as the HW scene goes UK > US right now.

What I'm saying is that you can't expect them to obey to the US market's needs when they run thing in the division.
2 of the 3 arguably the top 2 most lucrative HWs are from there and they have a solid second line too
They don't need pity there, they have their own shyt popping now.
Well they can be local big in the UK guys but Fury has ventured to step outside of the UK and he told you why. Concede or continue alienate a potential lucrative revenue stream. Don’t keep coming to the US saying how great it is in the UK though. Because we can careless

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Well they can be local big in the UK guys but Fury has ventured to step outside of the UK and he told you why. Concede or continue alienate a potential lucrative revenue stream. Don’t keep coming to the US saying how great it is in the UK though. Because we can careless

He said he wants the rematch in the UK we will see... :yeshrug:
He wasn't really in the position before the 1st fight to demand it to be in the UK, he has more negotiation power now.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
He said he wants the rematch in the UK we will see... :yeshrug:
He wasn't really in the position before the 1st fight to demand it to be in the UK, he has more negotiation power now.
If that fight goes on in the UK I can see it making so much less money though. But I can careless I hate talking money and market shares shyt.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Wilder/Fury sold in the US AND the UK ppv.. Joshua only sold on the UK

The reason the fights happen in the US is because the most potential money to be made is in the US. These aren't myths.

From a business standpoint who supposed to give a fukk about asses in the seats when you filling up a stadium with 90k people yet only generating around 8 million :mjlol: and selling ppvs at only 19.99..

Fury said he wanted all his fights to be in the US before his fight with Wilder. He wanted to become an American star. Why do you REALLY think that is

If AJ doesn't want to be a global star that's on him, but what he's doing is leaving to much money on the table by not fighting in the US and staying in the UK to fight on an app

Fury recently said he would like the rematch in the UK

And the US still calls the shot in plenty of divisions just not in HW, which is not a problem imo cause there are other divisions like 160 or 147 which are US market dominated and very lucrative. So it's not like the US scene wouldn't be in the centrum of attention overall.

If Hearn and Joshua will ever decide to move to the US that's gonna be cause they want to grow and cause they feel it's good for business not because they gonna need to prove something to the US HW scene and feel like they have to fulfil their demands. Those times are over since the 90's, for now at least.
Probably the time will come when US will rule the HW division again but as of now that's not the situation.
If Wilder could beat Fury and Joshua that would likely change things but frankly I doubt he will. :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Loma-Pedraza Averaged 2,013,000 Viewers; Ranks 2nd In 2018

By Keith Idec

Vasiliy Lomachenko-Jose Pedraza was the second most-watched boxing match on American cable or network television this year.

Nielsen ratings released Tuesday indicated that ESPN’s Lomachenko-Pedraza fight attracted an of 2,013,000 viewers Saturday night from The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York. The entire three-fight telecast averaged 1,865,000 viewers over three hours and 23 minutes.

The only boxing show to out-draw Lomachenko-Pedraza in terms of ratings in 2018 was headlined by Terence Crawford and Jose Benavidez Jr. That two-bout broadcast, in which the unbeaten WBO welterweight champion stopped Benavidez in the 12th round, drew a peak audience of 2,800,000 and averaged 2,245,000 viewers October 13 from CHI Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska, Crawford’s hometown.

lomachenko-pedraza-fight%20(7).jpg

The precise peak viewership for the Lomachenko-Pedraza was not yet available late Tuesday afternoon, but it went over 2,100,000 viewers at some point during the course of Lomachenko’s victory.

Ukraine’s Lomachenko (12-1, 9 KOs) dropped Puerto Rico’s Pedraza (25-2, 12 KOs) twice in the 11th round. The highly skilled southpaw went on to win a 12-round unanimous decision, defended his WBA lightweight title and captured Pedraza’s WBO 135-pound championship.

Lomachenko’s win over Pedraza also drew more viewers than the three-division champion’s previous performance on ESPN.

That fight, Lomachenko’s 10th-round knockout of Jorge Linares, peaked at 1,749,000 viewers May 12 from Madison Square Garden. That two-fight show drew an average of 1,024,000 viewers.

The tripleheader Saturday night also included victories by Emanuel Navarrete and Teofimo Lopez.

Mexico’s Navarrete (26-1, 22 KOs), an unknown underdog, upset Ghana’s Isaac Dogboe (20-1, 14 KOs) by unanimous decision in their 12-round fight for Dogboe’s WBO junior featherweight title. Las Vegas’ Lopez (11-0, 9 KOs), one of boxing’s top prospects, produced a one-punch, 44-second knockout of Mason Menard (34-4, 24 KOs) – an indisputable leading candidate for “Knockout of the Year” that briefly left Menard unconscious, face-first on the canvas.

The average viewership for Lomachenko-Pedraza was higher, too, than that of six of the seven NBA games broadcast on basic cable last week. The only NBA matchup that averaged more viewers throughout its duration than the entire Lomachenko-Pedraza telecast was the Golden State-Milwaukee game, which averaged 2,021,000 viewers Friday night.

Lomachenko-Pedraza was No. 2 as well in terms of overall viewership on all of cable television Saturday among males ages 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, demographics coveted by advertisers. That No. 2 ranking includes all sports and non-sports programming on basic and premium cable.

Like the Crawford-Benevidez broadcast, which was preceded by top-ranked Alabama’s victory over Missouri, Lomachenko-Pedraza benefited from a strong college football lead-in.

The Heisman Trophy show, in which Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray beat out two other finalists for the award, aired live from Manhattan’s PlayStation Theater in the hour before ESPN’s boxing broadcast began with Lopez’s spectacular knockout of Menard. The Heisman show averaged 2,928,000 viewers.

The Alabama-Missouri game averaged 3,758,000 viewers October 13.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

TR hasn't got the deepest stable now but they have two consistently good draws in Bud and Loma

I guess the Charlos gonna do good numbers on the Fox event too cause I read the pre-fight shoulder program did well too

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Fury recently said he would like the rematch in the UK

And the US still calls the shot in plenty of divisions just not in HW, which is not a problem imo cause there are other divisions like 160 or 147 which are US market dominated and very lucrative. So it's not like the US scene wouldn't be in the centrum of attention overall.

If Hearn and Joshua will ever decide to move to the US that's gonna be cause they want to grow and cause they feel it's good for business not because they gonna need to prove something to the US HW scene and feel like they have to fulfil their demands. Those times are over since the 90's, for now at least.
Probably the time will come when US will rule the HW division again but as of now that's not the situation.
If Wilder could beat Fury and Joshua that would likely change things but frankly I doubt he will. :manny:

:snoop: I dont think you're hearing me.. I dont know if it's some UK inferiority complex or what. Cause yall seem to have some type of obsession or insecurity about who running boxing. I could care less about what country is running a division or running boxing.
The reason fighters come to America is because you can make the most money here. PERIOD.. The country is built purely off capitalism.. People pay more money here for their entertainment than in the UK... Every fight AJ chooses to have in the UK vs US he is literally losing millions. It's his choice though. AJ could rule a division fighting in America or whichever country.. But hes not maximizing his profits fighting over there.. The only reason Fury wants the rematch in the UK is because he "thinks" he was robbed on the cards. Its literally the only reason.. He dont even realize if the fight had been in the UK the way he got dropped yall refs would've waved the fight off way before a 10 count

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

TR hasn't got the deepest stable now but they have two consistently good draws in Bud and Loma

I guess the Charlos gonna do good numbers on the Fox event too cause I read the pre-fight shoulder program did well too

one thing at TR they have been putting on good entertaining fights more often than not with ..that card was super solid from top to bottom...TR/ESPN did their thing this year

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: I dont think you're hearing me.. I dont know if it's some UK inferiority complex or what. Cause yall seem to have some type of obsession or insecurity about who running boxing. I could care less about what country is running a division or running boxing.
The reason fighters come to America is because you can make the most money here. PERIOD.. The country is built purely off capitalism.. People pay more money here for their entertainment than in the UK... Every fight AJ chooses to have in the UK vs US he is literally losing millions. It's his choice though. AJ could rule a division fighting in America or whichever country.. But hes not maximizing his profits fighting over there.. The only reason Fury wants the rematch in the UK is because he "thinks" he was robbed on the cards. Its literally the only reason.. He dont even realize if the fight had been in the UK the way he got dropped yall refs would've waved the fight off way before a 10 count
I'm not from the UK breh, I'm not emotionally invested in their success, that's just how I see things

I do see your point about the money though, fair enough