Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I like that Deontay is doing all of these interviews, and is "going for it" as far as trying to be a big attraction. A lot of these guys just want to fight and go home.

As far as his weight, he would be foolish to gain weight. He's not gonna outbox Fury, but he can outwork him, and he needs to be in the best shape as possible for their next fight in order to do that.

I'm halfway through watching the fight for the first time and I just feel his workrate should be higher.
If he gets to 220? That's good enough. Dint stalk Fury and follow him around. Really needs to focus on body work to tackle how Fury does his boxing and flurries.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Posted the vid cause gifycat not working on here..

How good do you think Tank can be if he stays focused and hungry? His defense is kinda slept on when he puts rounds in . Though he’s short , I think his power could potentially carry over better even up to 147 than say a Broner if decides to move up.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
this dude Rogan just called Klitschko "THE white dude from Russia" and talked shyt about his style. Ukrainian for first and does he even know there were 2 of them and Vitali had an entertaining style?

Advanced casuals talking about boxing on air duh :hhh:
He better put some respeck on klitschko's name. Vitali had ATG chin and an unorthodox style that would trouble anyone. shyt if he faced fury instead of his bro fight would look mighty different because he wasn't gun shy and had stamina for days.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
If you wanna compare boxers to Loma, the direct comparison right now is Mikey Garcia. Except Mikey has already won a title at 140, and Loma probably maxes out at 135.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If you wanna compare boxers to Loma, the direct comparison right now is Mikey Garcia. Except Mikey has already won a title at 140, and Loma probably maxes out at 135.
Mikey started his career younger too (19)
And no offense to Mikey cause winning a title at 140 is very good for him regardless but I'd have Loma over Lipinets too.

Not sure who is the better fighter P4P but in 135 I'd pick Mikey over Loma atp if he doesn't damage goods against Spence and if he can still make 135 without draining himself to shyt after the Spence fight. Both great fighters of their era but Mikey is just naturally bigger, also a bigger puncher and aside of natural 122er Rigo would be Loma's most skillfull opponent to date (Loma would be his most skillfull opponent too tbf).

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Mikey started his career younger too (19)
And no offense to Mikey cause winning a title at 140 is very good for him regardless but I'd have Loma over Lipinets too.

Not sure who is the better fighter P4P but in 135 I'd pick Mikey over Loma atp if he doesn't damage goods against Spence and if he can still make 135 without draining himself to shyt after the Spence fight. Both great fighters of their era but Mikey is just naturally bigger, also a bigger puncher and aside of natural 122er Rigo would be Loma's most skillfull opponent to date (Loma would be his most skillfull opponent too tbf).
You can’t slight Mikey for starting in the pros at a normal age, while Loma waited to make his debut until 26 or whatever. To say that Loma would be Lipinets at 140 is just.....off the table at this moment. Not hard hitting Linares dropped him, and he looks uncomfortable at 135, let alone 140. All that being said Lomas a monster, I just think Miley’s better, always have, always will ‍♂️

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You can’t slight Mikey for starting in the pros at a normal age, while Loma waited to make his debut until 26 or whatever. To say that Loma would be Lipinets at 140 is just.....off the table at this moment. Not hard hitting Linares dropped him, and he looks uncomfortable at 135, let alone 140. All that being said Lomas a monster, I just think Miley’s better, always have, always will ‍♂️
It's not a slight just saying they can't be compared like that

I mean the dude who started out his pro career as a teen likely moves up more by his 30th birthday than the guy who started at 26 that's all

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Wilder Laughs: Joshua, Hearn Definitely 'Begging' Now To Fight!

Anthony Joshua's team are "begging" for a heavyweight unification fight, according to WBC world champion Deontay Wilder.

Joshua holds the IBF, WBO, IBO and WBA titles while Wilder recently retained his WBC belt in a draw with Tyson Fury earlier this month that turned into one of the fights of the year.

Fury, who was down twice in the fight, used his jab and a lot of movement to frustrate Wilder and stay away from most of the champion's big swings. In the end the scores were 115-111 for Wilder, 113-113 for the draw and 114-112 for Fury.

deontay-wilder%20(18)_3.jpg

Joshua is scheduled to fight again on April 13th at Wembley Stadium in London, and Wilder is their top choice for the opponent's slot.

The WBC has sanctioned a rematch, potentially pushing a clash between Joshua and Wilder further into the distance.

Wilder told Joe Rogan's podcast: "They're definitely begging now. He's trying to reach out, all of a sudden, his management trying to reach out to mine.

"But he could have had this opportunity. He had many opportunities. He could have fought Luis Ortiz, he could have fought me, he had a chance to fight Fury as well.

"People want to know who's the best now. Especially after seeing this Fury fight. I've been trying to show people who's the best. I always say I'm the best. I'll forever say I'm the best until I get defeated."

Wilder was controversially awarded a draw with Fury after a dramatic fight in Los Angeles, and the American expects the rematch to live up to its billing.

He said: "I still feel the excitement. It was amazing. I'm just ready for the rematch. If people were excited and enjoyed that one, just imagine the rematch. It's going to be amazing."

Watch how this guy gonna miss out on his chance to be undisputed cause he too emotional about Joshua and Hearn. Rather holding some stupid grudge than get the business done.
It will end in crying cause Fury most likely beats him on the rematch and then all he can have gonna be some made up moral victory over Joshua but he can say goodbye for being undisputed.

As a boxing fan I'm totally ok with the immediate rematch (I'd like AJ vs Wilder as well maybe even more so due to the almost certain KO factor but I like the rematch too) but if I'd be Wilder's manager/promoter, etc... I'd bang my head in the wall hearing all this stuff from him except if they are as delusional as him.
Granted, if he somehow beats Fury next he gonna be in an even better position but I can't see how his team can be confident enough to bank on that happening after seeing the first fight. He blew his best shot to beat Fury imo, it's only getting worse for him on the rematch for multiple reasons.

Also he's talking about Joshua not fighting Ortiz like it would be some huge stuff. Joshua fought Klitschko who was better than Ortiz imo, fought a late replacement of a mandatory (Takam), unified with Parker and fought another mandatory in Povetkin who is also on a similar level as Ortiz but surely not worse (or better) by consensus. When he should have fight Ortiz?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Watch how this guy gonna miss out on his chance to be undisputed cause he too emotional about Joshua and Hearn. Rather holding some stupid grudge than get the business done.
It will end in crying cause Fury most likely beats him on the rematch and then all he can have gonna be some made up moral victory over Joshua but he can say goodbye for being undisputed.

As a boxing fan I'm totally ok with the immediate rematch (I'd like AJ vs Wilder as well maybe even more so due to the almost certain KO factor but I like the rematch too) but if I'd be Wilder's manager/promoter, etc... I'd bang my head in the wall hearing all this stuff from him except if they are as delusional as him.
Granted, if he somehow beats Fury next he gonna be in an even better position but I can't see how his team can be confident enough to bank on that happening after seeing the first fight. He blew his best shot to beat Fury imo, it's only getting worse for him on the rematch for multiple reasons.

Also he's talking about Joshua not fighting Ortiz like it would be some huge stuff. Joshua fought Klitschko who was better than Ortiz imo, fought a late replacement of a mandatory (Takam), unified with Parker and fought another mandatory in Povetkin who is also on a similar level as Ortiz but surely not worse (or better) by consensus. When he should have fight Ortiz?
Yea its personal with Wilder. You can call it being emotional all you want but with Hearn constantly lying to the public, trying to belittle Wilder and his team in negotiations, belittle Wilder's events, plus all the disrespect to Wilder and his manager, why would Wilder try to go out of his way to do business with them.. Especially when him and the last Lineal HW chanpion are now possibly about to have a trilogy..

Ass Juice can keep those belts warm fighting Eurobuns while Wilder and Fury settle the score from their last fight..
Ass Juice and Hernia had their chance and are NOW claiming to give Wilder a "fair" offer(what were they offering before :jbhmm:)..
Nobody is trying to waste time playing games with those clowns.. Ass Juice can try and catch the winner and hope he dont get "freezed out"(like he threatened to do to Wilder).. And now it's going to have to either be a 50-50 offer or no fight

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

It should have been Ortiz instead of the originally scheduled Pulev he also could have fought him instead of Povetkin, he can also fight him next which would be better then him fighting Whyte.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yea its personal with Wilder. You can call it being emotional all you want but with Hearn constantly lying to the public, trying to belittle Wilder and his team in negotiations, belittle Wilder's events, plus all the disrespect to Wilder and his manager, why would Wilder try to go out of his way to do business with them.. Especially when him and the last Lineal HW chanpion are now possibly about to have a trilogy..

Ass Juice can keep those belts warm fighting Eurobuns while Wilder and Fury settle the score from their last fight..
Ass Juice and Hernia had their chance and are NOW claiming to give Wilder a "fair" offer(what were they offering before :jbhmm:)..
Nobody is trying to waste time playing games with those clowns.. Ass Juice can try and catch the winner and hope he dont get "freezed out"(like he threatened to do to Wilder).. And now it's going to have to either be a 50-50 offer or no fight
What I'm saying is that if my prediction is right (admittedly not 100%) this is their last chance to make that fight and for that fight to be very significant.

What I think gonna happen:

They will rematch Fury
he gonna lose to Fury
big HW fight gonna be AJ vs Fury and it's gonna happen in the UK
maybe Wilder can fight one of them sometimes but not in a position nearly as good as he is in now

You can justify him being emotional all you want but at the end of the day it still gonna result in a bad career choice for him.
But you know what you're right in Wilder the fighter probably thinking he gonna just beat Fury on the rematch but idk what the hell his team is doing if they don't try to talk him into the Joshua fight instead the Fury one (maybe they do actually idk).

Bigger chance of getting destroyed but it's the most lucrative HW fight out there for all the belts as of now and also probably a better chance for them to win it than against Fury after already being in there 12 rounds with Wilder and getting into even better shape.

And that 50-50 basically depends on whether Hearn and Joshua would be willing to overpay or not cause pursue splits still don't depend on popularity among hardcore boxing fans. It depends on how many seats they can fill ad how many ppl watch them on TV. Joshua is clearly still the biggest name in HW.
"Not in the States". Yeah I know but that doesn't mean anything if he makes more bread than anybody not named Canelo in the States.